Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Well, your #1 pick is pretty safe. Lol. As a Floyd fan, I really need to see our team play better this Friday against a fairly good Vincennes Lincoln team before assuming we go 5-1. It’s helpful that we have NA, Jeff, and BNL at home. I worry about the last game of the season at Seymour. We have a history of losing there, even if we have the better team. This team is pretty Junior laden, so next season with a totally different Non-Con schedule, FC could very well play their way into the 5A top 10. 7-2 would be great this season though. Perhaps, 8-1 next season. We have some talent in our pipeline, so I would expect them to remain competitive.

One team that intrigues me is Jeffersonville. They seem to be playing a little better than expected. Having a Police Lieutenant as their Head Coach has brought some discipline to their program.

New Albany is starting pretty much all Sophomores. That class was undefeated last season and pretty much dominated their competition. They are expecting that team in a year or two to be very competitive in conference. 

I also expect BNL to be pretty good going forward as they have put together a good program under Steve Weber. 

Heres a question though. What if Floyd played Madison instead of East, and they both went 6-0? How the heck would that have played out?

They could have been 6-0 and claimed a co-HHC championship (as I’m sure BNL or NA or any other school would do. But we’d all know the truth about who the conference champion was. 😬

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Well, your #1 pick is pretty safe. Lol. As a Floyd fan, I really need to see our team play better this Friday against a fairly good Vincennes Lincoln team before assuming we go 5-1. It’s helpful that we have NA, Jeff, and BNL at home. I worry about the last game of the season at Seymour. We have a history of losing there, even if we have the better team. This team is pretty Junior laden, so next season with a totally different Non-Con schedule, FC could very well play their way into the 5A top 10. 7-2 would be great this season though. Perhaps, 8-1 next season. We have some talent in our pipeline, so I would expect them to remain competitive.

One team that intrigues me is Jeffersonville. They seem to be playing a little better than expected. Having a Police Lieutenant as their Head Coach has brought some discipline to their program.

New Albany is starting pretty much all Sophomores. That class was undefeated last season and pretty much dominated their competition. They are expecting that team in a year or two to be very competitive in conference. 

I also expect BNL to be pretty good going forward as they have put together a good program under Steve Weber. 

Heres a question though. What if Floyd played Madison instead of East, and they both went 6-0? How the heck would that have played out?

We COULD play that game but this scenario will never happen. Neither team is Jennings County or Madison so neither team is crying for a handicap.

I am probably one of the few members of this board that witnessed the last c. east loss in the hhc. And i was just in bedford for work that day/night  And im neither a east or bnl fan  was there on the request of someone else. But it was a good event to take in. If i remember east had a slew of turnovers   .    Remember the next day reading the bedford paper said something like bnl beats the beast from the east. lol 

7 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I am probably one of the few members of this board that witnessed the last c. east loss in the hhc. And i was just in bedford for work that day/night  And im neither a east or bnl fan  was there on the request of someone else. But it was a good event to take in. If i remember east had a slew of turnovers   .    Remember the next day reading the bedford paper said something like bnl beats the beast from the east. lol 

East had 6 turnovers that game. Was not a pretty sight. 

• Like 1

I'll be interested to see if Mark Newell (East's principal) rescinds his "no fun" policy for the students this week.  It was evident vs North that the kids are afraid to do anything to show spirit.  Their theme was originally "Fight Night", wearing MMA/Boxing type apparel, but Newell told them they couldn't wear that.  The reason?  It was "insensitive" to North's coaches sideline fight in 2017.  He came on the announcements the next day and told the kids that they were not allowed to chant "You Can't Do That" after a penalty, nor could they chant "Why So Quiet" to North's students if we were ahead and they were quiet.  The best?  If North started a "We've Got Spirit...." back and forth, our kids weren't allowed to engage, as it could be seen as taunting.  I witnessed Newell scream, yes scream, at a couple of kids who dared to break his rules.  A lot of parents are completely fed up with his draconian rules (several started a "You Can't Do That" chant to spite Newell). There was no energy from our students to get East hyped.  I think someone said something to Newell at half, as the kids were allowed to start a "We've Got Spirit" chant, but by then, many kids had left.  Hopefully, the kids are allowed to bring the energy this week vs Pickerington!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

High school sports should be fun. Unfortunately in today's society many schools opt for the no fun allowed policy. And then everyone wonders why students don't show up. 

Louder for the people in the back!!! It's if someone's feelings get hurt. They'll survive. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Louder for the people in the back!!! It's if someone's feelings get hurt. They'll survive. 

Not sure what it's like now, but when I was involved, Seymour's may have been one of the worst. I know they both (AD and assistant AD) got tired of listening to me complain about their stupid restrictions on students. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

I'll be interested to see if Mark Newell (East's principal) rescinds his "no fun" policy for the students this week.  It was evident vs North that the kids are afraid to do anything to show spirit.  Their theme was originally "Fight Night", wearing MMA/Boxing type apparel, but Newell told them they couldn't wear that.  The reason?  It was "insensitive" to North's coaches sideline fight in 2017.  He came on the announcements the next day and told the kids that they were not allowed to chant "You Can't Do That" after a penalty, nor could they chant "Why So Quiet" to North's students if we were ahead and they were quiet.  The best?  If North started a "We've Got Spirit...." back and forth, our kids weren't allowed to engage, as it could be seen as taunting.  I witnessed Newell scream, yes scream, at a couple of kids who dared to break his rules.  A lot of parents are completely fed up with his draconian rules (several started a "You Can't Do That" chant to spite Newell). There was no energy from our students to get East hyped.  I think someone said something to Newell at half, as the kids were allowed to start a "We've Got Spirit" chant, but by then, many kids had left.  Hopefully, the kids are allowed to bring the energy this week vs Pickerington!

The student section has been embarrassing to me for almost a decade now. We literally have one of the quietest in the state and opposing student sections that are 1/10th the size of ours manage to be louder than ours. Makes sense that Newell is the culprit and that really disappoints me. Glad to know the students don't actually suck but are merely restricted. It's just hard for me to sit there with a quiet student section knowing how ridiculously loud and over-the-top we were back when I was a student there in the mid-2000s. There were a few times we even got in trouble for taking things a wee bit too far. Lol. @Olympian06 can confirm this as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The student section has been embarrassing to me for almost a decade now. We literally have one of the quietest in the state and opposing student sections that are 1/10th the size of ours manage to be louder than ours. Makes sense that Newell is the culprit and that really disappoints me. Glad to know the students don't actually suck but are merely restricted. It's just hard for me to sit there with a quiet student section knowing how ridiculously loud and over-the-top we were back when I was a student there in the mid-2000s. There were a few times we even got in trouble for taking things a wee bit too far. Lol. @Olympian06 can confirm this as well.

OK, way back in my day, in Basketball season WTTV 4 used to have the Tuesday night game of the week on TV. I think I was a junior and we played at Shelbyville. Not sure if we won or not, but our BS chant was clearly audible on the TV. One of my prouder moments in high school. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I had to write an apology letter to Bloomington South after sectionals for what the student section did/said during one of the basketball games. My megaphone got taken from me the 3rd game of the football season. I loved getting out school on friday’s packing 6-8 deep in 2-3 different cars and rolling into other school parking lots at like 4:30 or earlier and watching all the other schools look at us like who the F are these guys 😂😂. Tailgates here B****** LOL 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I had to write an apology letter to Bloomington South after sectionals for what the student section did/said during one of the basketball games. My megaphone got taken from me the 3rd game of the football season. I loved getting out school on friday’s packing 6-8 deep in 2-3 different cars and rolling into other school parking lots at like 4:30 or earlier and watching all the other schools look at us like who the F are these guys 😂😂. Tailgates here B****** LOL 

I was at that game. Today's PC crowd would've lost their minds over the things we were chanting. lol

• Like 1

It's so tame now.  In '89, North players vandalized their own field and blamed East players.  East painted a large '89 in orange on North's chimney (a rather impressive feat, lol). Not saying that it needs to go back to what it was (there were a few years when state police were brought in for added security), but as said above, let it be fun!  Most of the kids know each other, and hang out after the game.  It's impressive to me that kids still want to show up.  I asked my sophomore daughter this morning if the students ever talked about not going to the games- she said that it's really one thing that they get to enjoy doing together and most love to go.

• Like 1

Really don't know what to expect tonight vs Pickerington Central.  Per MaxPreps, they're #67 nationally (USA Today had them #12 preseason).  They have a DT committed to OSU, and a WR that has offers from Auburn, OSU, ND, etc.  This would be easy to write off as a loss, but Gaddis could have the O's ready.  

Week 3 Predictions

I'm 14-1 after two weeks. My beloved Olympians let me down to keep me from that perfect record. Oh well.

The conference schedule begins this week as six of the eight teams will battle their HHC foes. On the contrary, Columbus East and Floyd Central finish out their non-conference schedules.

Jennings County (1-1) at Bedford North Lawrence (0-2): The Stars haven't looked good after two weeks so you'd think that this would be a golden opportunity for the Panthers to capitalize. Alas, Jennings County still has some work to do after surviving a shootout with a lowly Brown County team last week. BNL will find their offense this week and their defense will have a less challenging time when they attempt to stop a weaker opponent. BNL wins.

New Albany (1-1) at Jeffersonville (0-2): This may be a better game than I originally thought. The Bulldogs are coming off a game in which they got thumped by a good Castle team whereas the Red Devils gave Seymour a battle before falling. The question, though, is whether or not Seymour is any good. Regardless, New Albany has won the last three games in this series vs their Louisville metro rival and I think it continues. New Albany gets the W.

Pickerington Central (OH) (1-0) at Columbus East (1-1): The Olympians are coming off a game in which they were dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball by Columbus North's huge lines. It only gets worse as the Tigers' lines are even bigger than North's. Since East's rise to prominence in 2004, they have only lost by 20 or more six times (four times to Cathedral, once to Columbus North, and once to Whiteland). Unfortunately, I think we're about to add a seventh as Pickerington Central ranks fifth in Ohio Division 1 football and is listed as #67 nationally by Maxpreps. Folks, it's going to get ugly and I just hope nobody gets hurt. The Tigers get the lopsided win.

Seymour (2-0) at Madison (0-2): The Owls beat South Dearborn 30-26 in week 1. South Dearborn beat the Cubs 34-0 in week 2. 'Nuff said. Seymour rolls to an easy victory.

Vincennes Lincoln (1-1) at Floyd Central (1-1): The Alices are a pretty decent 3A school. They were 9-2 in 2017 and 8-3 last year. The Highlanders are a team on the rise but haven't hit their ceiling yet. This is a very tough game to call and I think it could go either way. However, I'm leaning 51/49 towards Vincennes Lincoln. If this game was later in the year then I'd pick Floyd Central but I think the Alices are slightly better. We'll see if that two hour drive affects them at all but Vincennes Lincoln is my pick.