Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

7 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Really don't know what to expect tonight vs Pickerington Central.  Per MaxPreps, they're #67 nationally (USA Today had them #12 preseason).  They have a DT committed to OSU, and a WR that has offers from Auburn, OSU, ND, etc.  This would be easy to write off as a loss, but Gaddis could have the O's ready.  

I really think it's going to be ugly for us. I just want to get through it without injury and move on to HHC play.

12 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 3 Predictions

I'm 14-1 after two weeks. My beloved Olympians let me down to keep me from that perfect record. Oh well.

The conference schedule begins this week as six of the eight teams will battle their HHC foes. On the contrary, Columbus East and Floyd Central finish out their non-conference schedules.

Jennings County (1-1) at Bedford North Lawrence (0-2): The Stars haven't looked good after two weeks so you'd think that this would be a golden opportunity for the Panthers to capitalize. Alas, Jennings County still has some work to do after surviving a shootout with a lowly Brown County team last week. BNL will find their offense this week and their defense will have a less challenging time when they attempt to stop a weaker opponent. BNL wins.

New Albany (1-1) at Jeffersonville (0-2): This may be a better game than I originally thought. The Bulldogs are coming off a game in which they got thumped by a good Castle team whereas the Red Devils gave Seymour a battle before falling. The question, though, is whether or not Seymour is any good. Regardless, New Albany has won the last three games in this series vs their Louisville metro rival and I think it continues. New Albany gets the W.

Pickerington Central (OH) (1-0) at Columbus East (1-1): The Olympians are coming off a game in which they were dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball by Columbus North's huge lines. It only gets worse as the Tigers' lines are even bigger than North's. Since East's rise to prominence in 2004, they have only lost by 20 or more six times (four times to Cathedral, once to Columbus North, and once to Whiteland). Unfortunately, I think we're about to add a seventh as Pickerington Central ranks fifth in Ohio Division 1 football and is listed as #67 nationally by Maxpreps. Folks, it's going to get ugly and I just hope nobody gets hurt. The Tigers get the lopsided win.

Seymour (2-0) at Madison (0-2): The Owls beat South Dearborn 30-26 in week 1. South Dearborn beat the Cubs 34-0 in week 2. 'Nuff said. Seymour rolls to an easy victory.

Vincennes Lincoln (1-1) at Floyd Central (1-1): The Alices are a pretty decent 3A school. They were 9-2 in 2017 and 8-3 last year. The Highlanders are a team on the rise but haven't hit their ceiling yet. This is a very tough game to call and I think it could go either way. However, I'm leaning 51/49 towards Vincennes Lincoln. If this game was later in the year then I'd pick Floyd Central but I think the Alices are slightly better. We'll see if that two hour drive affects them at all but Vincennes Lincoln is my pick. 

Jennings County

New Albany

Pickerington

Seymour

Floyd

Jennings County (1-1) at Bedford North Lawrence (0-2)

New Albany (1-1) at Jeffersonville (0-2)

Pickerington Central (OH) (1-0) at Columbus East (1-1)

Seymour (2-0) at Madison (0-2)

Vincennes Lincoln (1-1) at Floyd Central (1-1)

Frozen, I don't think we've disagreed on a pick yet but we will on two of them this week. Like you said, though, both are tough to call. I could see both games going either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 3 Predictions

I'm 14-1 after two weeks. My beloved Olympians let me down to keep me from that perfect record. Oh well.

The conference schedule begins this week as six of the eight teams will battle their HHC foes. On the contrary, Columbus East and Floyd Central finish out their non-conference schedules.

Jennings County (1-1) at Bedford North Lawrence (0-2): The Stars haven't looked good after two weeks so you'd think that this would be a golden opportunity for the Panthers to capitalize. Alas, Jennings County still has some work to do after surviving a shootout with a lowly Brown County team last week. BNL will find their offense this week and their defense will have a less challenging time when they attempt to stop a weaker opponent. BNL wins.

New Albany (1-1) at Jeffersonville (0-2): This may be a better game than I originally thought. The Bulldogs are coming off a game in which they got thumped by a good Castle team whereas the Red Devils gave Seymour a battle before falling. The question, though, is whether or not Seymour is any good. Regardless, New Albany has won the last three games in this series vs their Louisville metro rival and I think it continues. New Albany gets the W.

Pickerington Central (OH) (1-0) at Columbus East (1-1): The Olympians are coming off a game in which they were dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball by Columbus North's huge lines. It only gets worse as the Tigers' lines are even bigger than North's. Since East's rise to prominence in 2004, they have only lost by 20 or more six times (four times to Cathedral, once to Columbus North, and once to Whiteland). Unfortunately, I think we're about to add a seventh as Pickerington Central ranks fifth in Ohio Division 1 football and is listed as #67 nationally by Maxpreps. Folks, it's going to get ugly and I just hope nobody gets hurt. The Tigers get the lopsided win.

Seymour (2-0) at Madison (0-2): The Owls beat South Dearborn 30-26 in week 1. South Dearborn beat the Cubs 34-0 in week 2. 'Nuff said. Seymour rolls to an easy victory.

Vincennes Lincoln (1-1) at Floyd Central (1-1): The Alices are a pretty decent 3A school. They were 9-2 in 2017 and 8-3 last year. The Highlanders are a team on the rise but haven't hit their ceiling yet. This is a very tough game to call and I think it could go either way. However, I'm leaning 51/49 towards Vincennes Lincoln. If this game was later in the year then I'd pick Floyd Central but I think the Alices are slightly better. We'll see if that two hour drive affects them at all but Vincennes Lincoln is my pick. 

I don’t know enough about Vincennes Lincoln to pick Floyd or pick against Floyd.

The other picks look good though.

3 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Stay competitive and have a chance.  They have the same number of D1 commits as Cathedral two years ago but East isn’t as good

Solid first quarter 0-0

East had a pretty good defensive performance against Whiteland, and then the rivalry game was a wild one (which always is) so it doesn’t surprise me... so far they have held up against a Top 12 team in the country. PC runs a ton of different players, and formations.. 

3 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Offense moves the ball and we can win. It isn’t better than us   It is execution 

PC is def better than us as a team. They aren’t ranked 12th in the country for no reason. But we can agree to disagree.. I hope we win as much as anyone. It’s been a gritty performance by our D so far, but that PC defense is incredible. 

Edited by Olympian06

You won’t hear this very often... Columbus East halftime stats

19 plays....51 yards.. they gained 32 on the opening possession.. 

Winter Park Florida last week ran it 21 times for 23 yards... This PC defense is a big reason why they are so good. 

Edited by Olympian06

13 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

PC is def better than us as a team. They aren’t ranked 12th in the country for no reason. But we can agree to disagree.. I hope we win as much as anyone. It’s been a gritty performance by our D so far, but that PC defense is incredible. 

I am telling you right now they are not as good as North offensively. 

13 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I am telling you right now they are not as good as North offensively.