Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Pickerington Central - 20

Columbus East - 14

2:18 4th Q

I literally think East has worn down PC... 14-15 first downs against the #1 team in the Midwest in the 2nd half alone after a total of 51 years in the 1st.. one of the better 2nd half I have seen East play. 

Edited by Olympian06

Columbus East will end up losing this game 20-14. What a terrific game by East against the best team in the Midwest, and one of the best in the entire country.

Absolutely one of the best defensive performances I’ve seen by East against an opponent like that, and the fight they had in the 2nd half. They took it to PC in the late 3rd and almost entire 4th but game up just a bit short. Keep improving boys! It’s conference time now! 

• Like 1

First off very impressive with what I’m hearing out of Columbus tonight. That was a gutsy performance.  I would love to see the film of that game. 

Stars win 50-21 over Jennings County 

And can we not get updates from anyone else in the HHC? 😬

I know Floyd had a late start 

• Like 1

Floyd 28

Vincennes Lincoln 12

Floyds Defense deserves MVP for this game. 6 Interceptions and 1 for a TD. A lot to work on still. But I’ll take the win. 

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Unbelievable effort. I was so wrong about my prediction but I'm completely ok with that. I think Pickerington Central might be a bit overrated but their defense is one of the best I've ever seen. This was a great momentum-builder going into conference play next week.

How did Crenshaw look for PC?

Oh, and great job. That’s a heck of a team you all played.

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd 28

Vincennes Lincoln 12

Floyds Defense deserves MVP for this game. 6 Interceptions and 1 for a TD. A lot to work on still. But I’ll take the win. 

He is big strong athlete.  Didn’t seem exceptionally fast and didn’t throw a ton but no doubt a football player. 

Edited by Fogertyputmein
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd 28

Vincennes Lincoln 12

Impressive physical specimen. Big, strong, athletic. Tough to tell, PC was pretty vanilla offensively. Nice young man, very courteous, yes sir, no sir. I wasn’t able to really see any passes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Conference season starts next week for East! Jeff @ East. Hoping the East D plays like it did last night, if so this one will be over by half. 

Jeffersonville looks better than I thought. But East should still win by “A LOT”. You’re defense looks to be pretty darn good.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I just wanted to point out that 2 East players were on the field today for Indiana. Obviously Crider is their starting LG. But Cam Wilson saw the field a lot in the 4th Qtr at WR.

Dang. I didn't even know Cam Wilson transferred from Illinois State. You can tell I don't follow college football much.

The team I would watch out for in a few years is Seymour. They came down here and beat 2 very good Highland Hills teams last night in 7th and 8th grade. I believe that Seymours 7th/8th also beat one of the Columbus Middle  Schools as well. They are undefeated. Sounds like Seymour has a lot coming up.

Edited by Fkfootball

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

The team I would watch out for in a few years is Seymour. They came down here and beat 2 very good Highland Hills teams last night in 7th and 8th grade. I believe that Seymours 7th/8th also beat one of the Columbus Middle  Schools as well. They are undefeated. Sounds like Seymour has a lot coming up.

Seymour has some decent athletes in the 8th grade. I'm not sure how that translates into V wins in 3-4 years. Juniors and seniors are a long way from 7th and 8th graders, a lot of things change in those  years. I had SMS teams last week, and honestly I don't remember if they won, lost, or who they even played. 

• Like 1

Alot of good talent at Seymour on the middle school level. I hope they all stock together they have the potential... Time will tell

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Alot of good talent at Seymour on the middle school level. I hope they all stock together they have the potential... Time will tell

• Like 1

HHC Pick 'Em Standings:

1. @boilerfan87 19/20 (.950)
2. @Frozen Tundra 17/20 (.850)

3. @mamasa 8/12 (.667)
4. @starbacker 4/7 (.571)

Week 4 Predictions:

Jeffersonville (1-2, 1-0 HHC) at Columbus East (1-2, 0-0 HHC): The Red Devils seem to be acclimating to the new coach quicker than I thought they would. A 32-13 win against rival New Albany is quite impressive. Does this mean they're a top-half HHC team? Time will tell. However, they're playing an Olympian team coming off an impressive performance against one of the top teams in the country. East has won 15 straight against Jeff and I think that streak continues. East wins comfortably.

Madison (0-3, 0-1 HHC) at Bedford North Lawrence (1-2, 1-0 HHC): The Stars found the offense last week when they wiped the floor (or grass) with Jennings County. They should be able to find the offense again this week as the Cubs have given up 117 points so far this season. BNL wins by at least four touchdowns.

New Albany (1-2, 0-1 HHC) at Floyd Central (2-1, 0-0 HHC): It's really weird seeing the Highlanders open up their HHC schedule with the Bulldogs when they've closed the regular season with them every year since 1985. Nevertheless, this is a good rivalry with Floyd Central having won the last four games in the series and taking a 27-23 lead. I made the mistake of picking against FC last week. I think they're the better team here. Floyd Central wins.

Seymour (3-0, 1-0 HHC) at Jennings County (1-2, 0-1 HHC): So we go from a good, tight rivalry to a rivalry that is anything but tight. The Owls hold the 43-10 advantage in this series and have won the last four (all by double digits). The Panthers have shown they can put up points as they've scored 91 thus far (second-most in the HHC behind Seymour's 107). However, the Panthers have given up the most points at 130 while Seymour has given up the least at 54. Like BNL, Seymour gets to slaughter one of the two teams from the Railroad Rivalry for a second week in a row. The Owls get the blowout win.

• Thanks 1