Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

And the announcers just said what I was thinking. 4th Q, down 47-7, running clock, East back ups have been in and Jeff have the 1st team in trying to throw bombs every other play. This coach won’t last, and Jeff will continue to be a dumpster fire because they don’t try and to develop backups. 

No excuse for the lack of execution by offense.

Madison has scored on a defensive holding that resulted in a safety. A FG after a snap went over punters head and Cubs got 3. Then a drive by Cubs for a TD then a pick 6 on the first play from scrimmage on the next drive. 

Stars are in trouble. 

After seeing tonight’s results :

1.CE

2. Floyd

3. Seymour..

I think Floyd and Seymour will be a pretty good game, but I think Floyd beats them. I don’t see East being challenged at all in a conference game. Jeff tonight had 20 rushes for 17 yards in the first half.. East’ D-line has been outstanding the last 2 weeks after the debacle in the rivalry game . 

Coach Weber and his staff are top notch. 

We are seeing first hand what happens with kids who don’t work in the off-season and in the weight room in season. 

The Sophomore & Freshmen class is loaded with talent. Good days ahead but some major bumps along the way. Still can fix some of this but need so leaders to rise from the ashes (and parents to support the efforts of the coaching staff)

1 minute ago, starbacker said:

Coach Weber and his staff are top notch. 

We are seeing first hand what happens with kids who don’t work in the off-season and in the weight room in season. 

The Sophomore & Freshmen class is loaded with talent. Good days ahead but some major bumps along the way. Still can fix some of this but need so leaders to rise from the ashes (and parents to support the efforts of the coaching staff)

Losing a lot of key players off of last year's team has to factor in a bit though.

1 minute ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Losing a lot of key players off of last year's team has to factor in a bit though.

Not tonight it didn’t but yes the talent level is of course down some. 

Tonight was heart and effort. BNL was stronger and faster than Madison. 

Madison had more heart and I’ll give them credit for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starbacker said:

Not tonight it didn’t but yes the talent level is of course down some. 

Tonight was heart and effort. BNL was stronger and faster than Madison. 

Madison had more heart and I’ll give them credit for that. 

I'll agree with you there. I'm stunned by the result. Heck, I was going to be stunned if they had won by three TDs or less. But to lose? Just crazy.

Floyd Central 50

New Albany 14.

New Albany was actually up 14-0. I don’t really know how? It was confusing. I guess at some point, FC decided they would start playing football. And then ripped off 50 unanswered. Coach Bragg made some great adjustments on offense. Really opened up a lot of things. It was encouraging seeing their passing game get going. But Wenkers Wright had 362 yards and 5 TDs. I’ve been jumped on before for talking about 40 times on here but this kid really does run a 4.4 40. He is about unstoppable if he gets past the Linebackers. Right now he’s sitting at over 1000 yds. I’m guessing he leads the state in rushing now. I’ll have to see when the final stats post. Anyways, it was fun game. And a great Fireworks show after.

Edited by Fkfootball

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

After seeing tonight’s results :

1.CE

2. Floyd

3. Seymour..

I think Floyd and Seymour will be a pretty good game, but I think Floyd beats them. I don’t see East being challenged at all in a conference game. Jeff tonight had 20 rushes for 17 yards in the first half.. East’ D-line has been outstanding the last 2 weeks after the debacle in the rivalry game . 

That game worries me. Seymour is solid. And we don’t play well up there for some reason. Should be a good game.

3 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Sooner or later a coach will figure it out.  They have too many kids and too many athletes to be this bad. Plus they are good at basketball and baseball every year. 

So is Floyd Central. And their Football program is actually decent. And they still can’t get anywhere close to East. I’d be happy if the score is anywhere close at Halftime. Not sure that happens.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

Seymour has some decent athletes in the 8th grade. I'm not sure how that translates into V wins in 3-4 years. Juniors and seniors are a long way from 7th and 8th graders, a lot of things change in those  years. I had SMS teams last week, and honestly I don't remember if they won, lost, or who they even played. 

Seymour's future looks very promising. Coach Kelly and staff have been getting more and more buy in in the offseason workouts and it's starting to show across all levels. All teams are undefeated (V, JV, Fresh, 8th, and 7th) through the "Littles" portion of the schedule (S. Dearborn - which has been impressive since week 1, Jeffersonville -non-conference game, Madison, and JC). MS has beaten Columbus and Floyd in both 7th and 8th.

I also like how each grade level is a bit different than the next in terms of team strength's which should meld nicely once the classes combine. I haven't seen this much optimism for overall program health in several years - possibly back to the Joe Goodman days.

Time will tell - but Seymour has some tools to work with.

4 hours ago, TIFootball said:

Seymour's future looks very promising. Coach Kelly and staff have been getting more and more buy in in the offseason workouts and it's starting to show across all levels. All teams are undefeated (V, JV, Fresh, 8th, and 7th) through the "Littles" portion of the schedule (S. Dearborn - which has been impressive since week 1, Jeffersonville -non-conference game, Madison, and JC). MS has beaten Columbus and Floyd in both 7th and 8th.

I also like how each grade level is a bit different than the next in terms of team strength's which should meld nicely once the classes combine. I haven't seen this much optimism for overall program health in several years - possibly back to the Joe Goodman days.

Time will tell - but Seymour has some tools to work with.

That’s good. I want a strong HHC. It’s good for all us. 

HHC Mid-Season Analysis

1. CE-The Os have the best Offense and Defense in the HHC. They’ve played the hardest schedule. Gilley is the best QB in the conference. The trio of Gilley, McDonald, and Griewe will propel them to lopsided victories in all their HHC games.

2. FC-The Highlanders have met expectations so far. The passing game is still developing but Wright has ran for 1000 yds and 12 TDs so far. Their defense and kicking game are solid. Probably won’t challenge the Os, so that Seymour game in week 9 will be a big game.

3. Seymour- The Owls are coming along. They’ll certainly have a shot at 2nd place. Brendan Smith is a good QB. Mike Kelly has done a good job and they have Brian Balsmeyer as their DC. They can certainly play with anyone on their schedule except East.

4. Jeffersonville-The Red Devils were beaten bad by East, but I still think they are getting better. Their coach has instilled discipline in their program. They have a few playmakers on offense.

5. NA-The Bulldogs are rebuilding with Sophmores. They’ll be good down the road. Myles Johnson and Derrell Simmons are guys to keep an eye on.

6. Madison-The Cubs best BNL. I don’t know much about them but I’m happy for them.

7. BNL-The Stars are not good. But luckily for them coach Weber is. He’ll build them back up.

8. JC-I don’t know much about them other than they are never good and I don’t understand why?

24 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

HHC Mid-Season Analysis

1. CE-The Os have the best Offense and Defense in the HHC. They’ve played the hardest schedule. Gilley is the best QB in the conference. The trio of Gilley, McDonald, and Griewe will propel them to lopsided victories in all their HHC games.

2. FC-The Highlanders have met expectations so far. The passing game is still developing but Wright has ran for 1000 yds and 12 TDs so far. Their defense and kicking game are solid. Probably won’t challenge the Os, so that Seymour game in week 9 will be a big game.

3. Seymour- The Owls are coming along. They’ll certainly have a shot at 2nd place. Brendan Smith is a good QB. Mike Kelly has done a good job and they have Brian Balsmeyer as their DC. They can certainly play with anyone on their schedule except East.

4. Jeffersonville-The Red Devils were beaten bad by East, but I still think they are getting better. Their coach has instilled discipline in their program. They have a few playmakers on offense.

5. NA-The Bulldogs are rebuilding with Sophmores. They’ll be good down the road. Myles Johnson and Derrell Simmons are guys to keep an eye on.

6. Madison-The Cubs best BNL. I don’t know much about them but I’m happy for them.

7. BNL-The Stars are not good. But luckily for them coach Weber is. He’ll build them back up.

8. JC-I don’t know much about them other than they are never good and I don’t understand why?

I agree with everything except the last three. I'd put BNL at #6, Jennings County at #7, and Madison at #8. Madison's win against BNL was a fluke. Jennings County should prove that when they beat Madison on Friday night.

37 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

HHC Mid-Season Analysis

Pretty fair assessment honestly.. If Floyd can get the running game going against East they have a chance to challenge East. Floyd always has some pretty damn good backs, but it seems when they play East or Male that the Line doesn’t hold up for them to showcase the speed and the agility of the backs. 

21 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Pretty fair assessment honestly.. If Floyd can get the running game going against East they have a chance to challenge East. Floyd always has some pretty damn good backs, but it seems when they play East or Male that the Line doesn’t hold up for them to showcase the speed and the agility of the backs. 

Our RB is legit. But Idk if our O-line can move Easts front. Floyd is very well coached, but we are still developing on the line of scrimmage.