Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Does anyone know moving forward with this new conference format, will there be specific weeks for conference and non-conference games?

Weeks 1 and 2 for sure will be non-conference games with the option to use weeks 3 or 6 as the third non-conference game. However, I did hear it rumored that the six-game conference format will end after next year. Not sure the reason why or if that it's even 100% fact.

6 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Weeks 1 and 2 for sure will be non-conference games with the option to use weeks 3 or 6 as the third non-conference game. However, I did hear it rumored that the six-game conference format will end after next year. Not sure the reason why or if that it's even 100% fact.

The HHC is finally doing what it should have done a decade ago!

4 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Exactly as I wrote it- the conference, for the betterment of all members, should not play a full conference schedule in football; it’s something that should have been done a decade ago.

If you have a conference with no divisions then I think you should play everyone. Divisions should only be in conferences with ten teams or more at the high school level. Therefore, the problem with this conference isn't a full schedule. It's that a couple of schools don't pull their weight and compete. Not just talking just football either.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

44 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Therefore, the problem with this conference isn't a full schedule. It's that a couple of schools don't pull their weight and compete. Not just talking just football either.

I’m not denying this point, but conference members can’t make other conference members “pull their weight”.

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I’m not denying this point, but conference members can’t make other conference members “pull their weight”.

That's true. But when Jennings County and Madison complained about having to play every HHC team in football, my response would've been to suck it up or leave. My next move would be to try and find one or two other schools to replace them to avoid non-conference scheduling difficulties. If that didn't work out then I'd be contacting Conference Indiana to work out a similar scheduling deal with them like they have with the Circle City Conference. Many HHC teams have or have had a history of playing CI teams anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

That's true. But when Jennings County and Madison complained about having to play every HHC team in football, my response would've been to suck it up or leave. My next move would be to try and find one or two other schools to replace them to avoid non-conference scheduling difficulties. If that didn't work out then I'd be contacting Conference Indiana to work out a similar scheduling deal with them like they have with the Circle City Conference. Many HHC teams have or have had a history of playing CI teams anyway.

They need to replace JC and Madison with Silver Creek and Charlestown. Both of those schools can compete in the HHC in every sport. Neither team can beat East in football obviously but they can pull their weight against the other teams. Silver Creek is extremely good athletically. They would add a lot to the HHC in many sports.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

They need to replace JC and Madison with Silver Creek and Charlestown. Both of those schools can compete in the HHC in every sport. Neither team can beat East in football obviously but they can pull their weight against the other teams. Silver Creek is extremely good athletically. They would add a lot to the HHC in many sports.

Or those schools could stay in our conference? Since most of the schools in the HHC are double Charlestown's size. I would also assume SC isn't making any moves until they get their school district stuff figured out along with getting a new school. 

I would be willing to bet there is more of a chance of our conference reshuffling than those two going to your conference. I am a tad confused what either would gain by going to your conference anyway. SC already plays the entire HHC in basketball (basically)... those two already play each other in football and no one in the HHC would be bigger rivals for those two schools than each other. 

East in football is really the only outlier here. In basketball... the river schools compete with each other just fine and BNL is a tick behind and East has had some good wins, as well. It's a balanced conference in basketball imo. 

I know baseball is very balanced, as well. The other sports I'm sure are the same as @Impartial_Observer has mentioned before. 

Restructuring the football schedules is a good move, but again... East is the outlier. 

• Thanks 1

The day before game day and the HHC thread has once again turned into a conference realignment thread. No wonder the HHC is known as a BB conference. 

No talk of games with conference ramifications:

BNL@Seymour Probably the biggest game in the conference this week. Is Seymour for real? How does BNL rebound after last week?

Jeff@FC Jeff lit it up against NA, can they out athlete FC? Can FC outscore them if it comes down to a shootout? 

Madison@JC Arguably the 7th place game, but should be a good game with two on paper evenly matched teams.  

East@NA Does the bus breakdown on the way to NA? Does NA's youngsters start to become upper classmen? 

This conference realignment crap is soooo played. If Madison and JC were going to leave, they would have done so already. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Please explain further.

West Clark school district (Silver Creek, Henryville, Borden) are in a ugly on going fight. Referendum to build a new Silver Creek high school was roundly voted down. Silver Creek people want to separate from the other schools and be its own district. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PiratePride said:

West Clark school district (Silver Creek, Henryville, Borden) are in a ugly on going fight. Referendum to build a new Silver Creek high school was roundly voted down. Silver Creek people want to separate from the other schools and be its own district. 

Thank you. I wasn't going to explain it. 

• Like 1

BTW Madison is being "slept on". Charlestown had a joint practice with them this summer. I was impressed with the new coach and staff. Still lacking some athletes. They are not a threat to top half HHC teams, but they will handle Jennings Co and I won't be surprised if they beat New Albany (Cooley Effect). 

24 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This conference realignment crap is soooo played. If Madison and JC were going to leave, they would have done so already. 

Instead they were able to threaten to leave, and the conference accommodated them.

7 minutes ago, PiratePride said:

Doesn’t the bulk of the district live in the area near Silver Creek?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Instead they were able to threaten to leave, and the conference accommodated them.

Doesn’t the bulk of the district live in the area near Silver Creek?

Yes. Silver Creek is bigger than the other two together. Smaller schools and their residents complain that all the $$$ is spent on Silver Creek. Silver Creek people say they pay majority of property taxes and should get the majority of the districts funds. District is hurting for money. School Board is a mess. Even had to have a judge appoint a member to fill a vacant spot. State is involved on wether the district can even be split apart. UGLY!

3 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Again... why would Ctown go to that conference? What do they gain? 

That’s a good point. They probably wouldn’t gain anything. 

To be completely honest. I’d just like to see Madison and JC get it figured out. That’s the best solution. It seems like Madison has found a coach that has given them a spark. What about JC? How many kids do they have? 1500 or so? There shouldn’t be any reason they can’t compete in the HHC. I guess it’s about finding the right formula. I don’t coach HS football so I have no idea how hard that turnaround would be.

59 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

FTA:

The Olympians were exploring possible options late in 2016 after three Hoosier Hills Conference schools were rumored to be looking elsewhere. But those schools — Jennings County, Madison and Seymour — all have committed to remaining in the HHC through the 2018-19 school year, and as a result, so has the rest of the conference.

Solid sources!

Hard to believe you're so well connected from so far away. 

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

In my opinion, I would agree with SC, but I would replace Charlestown with Brownstown. Brownstown is the better school year after year.

I honestly think CE does themselves a dis-service staying in the HHC (Specifically football) - I think their poor schedule strength negatively impacts them in 6a tourney play. There is no challenge - for what - 15 years?? Tell me how this is good for any program trying to be best in state. I think Brownstown is in a similar boat - albeit a smaller scale. I just want to see competitiveness in sectionals and conference play.

End result - East move on to bigger better things - Bring in enough teams into HHC to split the conference. Now, back to reality ….

• Like 1