Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

FC 55

JC 24

Really impressed with FCs offense tonight. They were a well oiled machine throwing the ball. It’s coming along. I actually see some hope for JC. Their coach has a plan. Their offense was very creative. They really came out and moved the ball in the 1st qtr. Floyd adjusted their coverage and they really started getting heat on the QB. He throws a good ball. They had a couple of really impressive leaping TD grabs early. FC was just too much with Polk throwing downfield and Wright finding creases in JCs defense.

36 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

New Albany beats Seymour 20-17 and gets their first HHC win of the season.

Great win for NA. I really expected more out of Seymour. 

50 minutes ago, TIFootball said:

Seymour-  line play seems to be going the wrong direction. Getting out athleted every week. It only gets worse from here with CE, Floyd, and then a powerhouse sectional.

We’ll see how much fight they put up the next 3 weeks.

That sectional is BRUTAL! Absolutely nowhere to hide. Pick your poison.

12 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

BNL - 40 plays 210 yards in the 1st half.

CE - 20 plays 357 yards in the 1st half.

BNL - 22 Rushes for 91 yards.

CE - 14 Rushes for 199 yards.

BNL - 8-18 Passing for 119 yards.

CE - 6-6 Passing for 158 yards. 

BNL - 7 First Downs 

CE - 6 First Downs

BNL - 3 Turnovers

CE - 1 Turnover

Lots of subs for both teams in the 2nd half. @Fogertyputmein what’s going on with Parker Harrison? They said on the radio the captain was out tonight. Be back next week? 

I am not sure status on timing. Probably be awhile given competition. . Has played with a broken hand for a couple of weeks and needs time to avoid bigger issue as I understand it. 

I know the games have to be played, and I take no opponent, lightly. But if Floyd Central isn’t 9-2 with a Sectional Title after the next 4 games, I’ll be mildly disappointed. This is their shot. But I’m already proud of that team whether they do or not.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East @ Seymour 

I expect this one to be a Mercy Rule with about 6 minutes left in the 2nd Q. Seymour has really fallen off after a good start to begin the year. These next 3 weeks are going to be an absolute gauntlet for them. 

Even so, they won’t be able to run the clock until the 2nd half.

Columbus East @ Seymour 

I expect this one to be a Mercy Rule with about 6 minutes left in the 2nd Q. Seymour has really fallen off after a good start to begin the year. These next 3 weeks are going to be an absolute gauntlet for them. 

Probably correct but East is really banged up.  They need the next three weeks ahead of Sectional to get healthier.  McDonald is banged up bad this week too. 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Even so, they won’t be able to run the clock until the 2nd half.

Correct see some other threads when I have stated that the running clock can’t start until after halftime. 

1 hour ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Probably correct but East is really banged up.  They need the next three weeks ahead of Sectional to get healthier.  McDonald is banged up bad this week too. 

Seymour is bad... East Backups would beat Seymour. East by 40+. Was told McDonald has a mild ankle sprain.

• Like 1

Correct see some other threads when I have stated that the running clock can’t start until after halftime. 

Seymour is bad... East Backups would beat Seymour. East by 40+. Was told McDonald has a mild ankle sprain.

I agree but he was in a boot and crutches.   We will see.    Can’t play both offense and defense in Sectional if banged up.  East is down 3 starting linebackers and 4th banged up. Have to get that group healthy to beat Franklin Central or Center Grove or Columbus North.  Not worried about Seymour or Madison because offense will put up huge points.  

Edited by Fogertyputmein

BNL has been very successful in both Unified Track and Unified Football. These stories and these athletes getting a chance to play is just all kinds of good. 

BEDFORD — The Bedford North Lawrence Unified flag football team is no stranger to success. The Stars have been to the proverbial mountain top and enjoyed the view as the first-ever school to win a unified flag football football state championship in the state of Indiana last year.

Now, after convincingly winning the Jasper Sectional Saturday, a momentum-rich BNL is once again marching down the tournament trail.

The Stars came into the 2019 season rebuilding and, with a mere five players back from last year’s squad (just two starters), weren’t sure what to expect.

But the goal from Day 1 has been to win another state championship and Saturday’s effort was a big first step.

“We want back-to-back titles,” said BNL coach Mike Branam. “Our goal is to be the only state champions of flag football. That would be phenomenal.”

Branam also knows the further his team goes down the trail the tougher the competition will be and the bigger the bulls-eye gets on their backs as defending champions.

“I told the kids, ‘Everybody is coming after us’, and even though we’re a new team the other teams don’t see it that way,” Branam said. “All the kids have stepped up. They are playing like they want to be state champions, and we’re doing everything in our power to make that happen.”

BNL didn’t go without its problems Saturday at the Jasper Sectional, but still managed to roll past Floyd Central and Loogootee.

The Stars first topped the Highlanders, 48-22, before leveling the Lions in the title tilt, 50-12.

“We played well,” Branam said. “We made more mistakes than we wanted to, but they recovered.

“I tell them all the time one of the greatest attributes as a champion is a short memory. You make a mistake and you shake it off, and they did that. When they made a mistake they came back out and made up for it.

“I’m very proud of them, they made it to the top eight in the state and that’s nothing to sneeze at. It was the first step towards the goal we set at the beginning of the season.”

The Southern Regional at Mooresville will pit Noblesville against the host Pioneers and BNL against Franklin Central in the first round Saturday starting at 1 p.m.

At the Northern Regional at Tippecanoe, Valparaiso takes on Tippecanoe Valley and Carroll (Fort Wayne) will clash with McCutcheon.

The regional winners will meet for the state championship Oct. 19 at the Grand Park Sports Event Center in Westfield.

“We don’t know much about Franklin Central other that they have beaten a couple of good teams already this year,” Branam said. “They had to get through Indian Creek and Warren Central to win their sectional. So they have already gone through some good teams.”

IMG_0525.JPG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, starbacker said:

BNL has been very successful in both Unified Track and Unified Football. These stories and these athletes getting a chance to play is just all kinds of good. 

BEDFORD — The Bedford North Lawrence Unified flag football team is no stranger to success. The Stars have been to the proverbial mountain top and enjoyed the view as the first-ever school to win a unified flag football football state championship in the state of Indiana last year.

Now, after convincingly winning the Jasper Sectional Saturday, a momentum-rich BNL is once again marching down the tournament trail.

The Stars came into the 2019 season rebuilding and, with a mere five players back from last year’s squad (just two starters), weren’t sure what to expect.

But the goal from Day 1 has been to win another state championship and Saturday’s effort was a big first step.

“We want back-to-back titles,” said BNL coach Mike Branam. “Our goal is to be the only state champions of flag football. That would be phenomenal.”

Branam also knows the further his team goes down the trail the tougher the competition will be and the bigger the bulls-eye gets on their backs as defending champions.

“I told the kids, ‘Everybody is coming after us’, and even though we’re a new team the other teams don’t see it that way,” Branam said. “All the kids have stepped up. They are playing like they want to be state champions, and we’re doing everything in our power to make that happen.”

BNL didn’t go without its problems Saturday at the Jasper Sectional, but still managed to roll past Floyd Central and Loogootee.

The Stars first topped the Highlanders, 48-22, before leveling the Lions in the title tilt, 50-12.

“We played well,” Branam said. “We made more mistakes than we wanted to, but they recovered.

“I tell them all the time one of the greatest attributes as a champion is a short memory. You make a mistake and you shake it off, and they did that. When they made a mistake they came back out and made up for it.

“I’m very proud of them, they made it to the top eight in the state and that’s nothing to sneeze at. It was the first step towards the goal we set at the beginning of the season.”

The Southern Regional at Mooresville will pit Noblesville against the host Pioneers and BNL against Franklin Central in the first round Saturday starting at 1 p.m.

At the Northern Regional at Tippecanoe, Valparaiso takes on Tippecanoe Valley and Carroll (Fort Wayne) will clash with McCutcheon.

The regional winners will meet for the state championship Oct. 19 at the Grand Park Sports Event Center in Westfield.

“We don’t know much about Franklin Central other that they have beaten a couple of good teams already this year,” Branam said. “They had to get through Indian Creek and Warren Central to win their sectional. So they have already gone through some good teams.”

IMG_0525.JPG

Awesome read!! Can you private message me the write up from the game from Friday night? I can’t read it cause I’m not a member, and I missed The Republic’s right up. I always like to look at names from other teams to watch them grow each year.. 

On 10/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, Olympian06 said:

I'm hoping it's just a mild sprain.  My daughter actually called me yesterday to tell me that McDonald had broken his foot (she's friends w/ him).  I don't know how much she got from Mark himself, or how much she just heard through other people (East is on fall break, not sure if my daughter actually talked w/ him).  Said he was just in a boot, no crutches.  

Floyd Central battling injuries

Two weeks ago against Columbus East, Floyd Central lost three starters to injury in the opening seven plays. The Highlanders were eventually crushed 41-14, but coach James Bragg remained optimistic.

“That’s one of those games where you don’t want to have the next man up mindset because they're so good, but we did,” he said. “I’m not having we have guys that can change the outcome of that games. Having said that, it was nice to see our character and desire and our competitiveness.”

Heading into Friday’s game against Bedford North Lawrence, the Highlanders will have five starters out, which is still better than last week when eight of them didn’t play. The biggest hole to fill has been the secondary, where the top three players each broke their collarbone.

“It’s not a hodgepodge,” Bragg said. “But we rotate a lot in that secondary to try to make up for what we’re missing.”

One of those players is senior Trace Willman, who played with a cast after breaking his hand against Male in the season opener. The defensive leader is ruled out for the season, but still comes to practice to help with the younger players.

Despite the injuries, the players have been in high spirits. Bragg also said that injuries have created more competition at practice because the players want to be the next man up.

The Highlanders are one win shy of finishing the season with a winning record, which was one of the team's goals for the year according to Bragg. They finished 5-5 in Bragg’s first year as the head coach last season.

“Kids get excited every time we check off our team goal for the season,” he said. “We got to play fundamental defense. Bedford runs the option to a T. We can play the option perfect for 60 plays. Four plays we don’t do it right can lead to 28 points for Bedford.”

Bedford North Lawrence (2-5) at Floyd Central (5-2)

The Stars gave up 507 yards and 10 touchdowns to Columbus East last week and the running clock was on in the second quarter. The Highlanders will rely on running back Wenkers Wright as it had all season to get the offense flowing. But they must overcome injuries to finish with a winning season.

14 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Bedford North Lawrence (2-5) at Floyd Central (5-2)

The Stars gave up 507 yards and 10 touchdowns to Columbus East last week and the running clock was on in the second quarter. The Highlanders will rely on running back Wenkers Wright as it had all season to get the offense flowing. But they must overcome injuries to finish with a winning season.

-62 points on 10 TDs. What the heck? Our kicker isn't that bad. Come on now.

-Looks like someone is unfamiliar with the running clock rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starbacker said:

The clock wasn’t running in the second quarter 

It was actually 20-14 entering the 2nd Q still a competitive game. 

That reporter was way off lol. 

East played without 3-4 starters on Friday night, the only difference is East has some backups they can plug in and really not miss too much. Hoping all teams heal up for sectional. 

Edited by Olympian06

38 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

East played without 3-4 starters on Friday night, the only difference is East has some backups they can plug in and really not miss too much. Hoping all teams heal up for sectional. 

Surely you jest!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

That was from the Louisville Courier-Journal. Lol. He said we had 8 Starters out, but I think it was more like 4. Maybe 5 against East/JC.

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

In the middle of our MSC tour right now, I'll leave it at that for now. We started Saturday at Scottsburg. 

I hope you get SC/Brownstown! That’s going to be a barn burner!