Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

From the Seymour Tribune:

"Still, even without the passing game being on point, the Owls were able to punch their way back into last week’s game behind the legs of Colin Greathouse, Chandler Drummond and Smith.

Greathouse had a breakout game with 20 carries for 139 yards and two scores. Another effort like that coupled with an improved performance from Drummond and Smith on the ground and the Owls could steamroll the Olympians.

Columbus East has given up plenty on the ground to opponents including a 350-plus-yard night to Whiteland at the start of the year."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

That was from the Louisville Courier-Journal. Lol. He said we had 8 Starters out, but I think it was more like 4. Maybe 5 against East/JC.

I hope you get SC/Brownstown! That’s going to be a barn burner!

I meant on the TD’s and when the running clock started. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, npatman said:

"Still, even without the passing game being on point, the Owls were able to punch their way back into last week’s game behind the legs of Colin Greathouse, Chandler Drummond and Smith.

Greathouse had a breakout game with 20 carries for 139 yards and two scores. Another effort like that coupled with an improved performance from Drummond and Smith on the ground and the Owls could steamroll the Olympians.

Columbus East has given up plenty on the ground to opponents including a 350-plus-yard night to Whiteland at the start of the year."

I got a good chuckle out of that.. with a good performance Seymour loses by 35, with a bad performance they lose by 50. Lol 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, npatman said:

Lol. No HHC team has an O-line like Whiteland. If FC couldn’t run on East, injuries or not, then Seymour won’t either. 

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, npatman said:

I know you don't want to crap on your hometown team and you want to be hopeful that you can win (nothing wrong with that), but this is completely asinine. All you have to do is look at scores in games against common opponents and you'll quickly find out Seymour isn't steamrolling anyone. Didn't realize the National Enquirer was now covering Indiana high school football. This is completely stupid.

44 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I know you don't want to crap on your hometown team and you want to be hopeful that you can win (nothing wrong with that), but this is completely asinine. All you have to do is look at scores in games against common opponents and you'll quickly find out Seymour isn't steamrolling anyone. Didn't realize the National Enquirer was now covering Indiana high school football. This is completely stupid.

I’m pretty sure he’s from Brownstown.

He’s quoting the hometown newspaper trying to be positive for the local team. I don’t think anyone on this board actually believes any of that.

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I’m pretty sure he’s from Brownstown.

He’s quoting the hometown newspaper trying to be positive for the local team. I don’t think anyone on this board actually believes any of that.

I got that. My issue is that this was even printed in the first place. If this is really what some writer put in a newspaper then that's awful.

• Like 1

HHC Pick 'Em Standings

1. @boilerfan87 34/39 (.872)
2. @Frozen Tundra 31/39 (.795)
3. @mamasa 23/31 (.742)
4. @starbacker 19/26 (.731)
5. @TIFootball 2/4 (.500)

Week 8 Predictions

Bedford North Lawrence (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Floyd Central (5-2, 3-1 HHC): Second place in the HHC is still up for grabs. A win here would be huge for the Stars and would give them a leg up on all of the other 2-2 teams. However, the Highlanders have shown they have the right mix of talent and experience to rise above all of the HHC teams south of Bartholomew County. The injuries Floyd Central has suffered in recent weeks make the outcome a little cloudier than it should be. Nevertheless, I'll put all my chips on the talents of Wenkers Wright to shoulder the load and carry the team to victory. Floyd Central gets the win.

Columbus East (5-2, 4-0 HHC) at Seymour (4-3, 2-2 HHC): According to some writer with the Seymour Tribune, I should be concerned about a free-falling Owls team "steamrolling" my Olympians with their ground game. Apparently someone evaded a drug test before landing the job. Seems like the kind of journalist Bob Knight would've enjoyed taking questions from. But I digress. The Olympians are pretty banged up, although that's not an issue in conference play. Considering East has scored at least 42 points and has won by at least 26 points in the last 15 games against Seymour, I still fully expect them to "steamroll" Seymour.

Jennings County (3-4, 1-3 HHC) at Jeffersonville (2-5, 2-2 HHC): This could be the HHC game of the week. The Panthers' pass-heavy offense and porous defense could make this a shootout. The Red Devils will have the talent advantage in this one but will they play a clean, smart game? We shall find out. I'll favor talent and go with Jeff though.

New Albany (2-5, 1-3 HHC) at Madison (1-6, 1-3 HHC): The Bulldogs finally broke through last week and picked up their first HHC win of the season. I expect them to get two straight against a terrible Cubs team. Not much more to say about this one. The results speak for themselves. New Albany gets the W.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

HHC Pick 'Em Standings

1. @boilerfan87 34/39 (.872)
2. @Frozen Tundra 31/39 (.795)
3. @mamasa 23/31 (.742)
4. @starbacker 19/26 (.731)
5. @TIFootball 2/4 (.500)

Week 8 Predictions

Bedford North Lawrence (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Floyd Central (5-2, 3-1 HHC): Second place in the HHC is still up for grabs. A win here would be huge for the Stars and would give them a leg up on all of the other 2-2 teams. However, the Highlanders have shown they have the right mix of talent and experience to rise above all of the HHC teams south of Bartholomew County. The injuries Floyd Central has suffered in recent weeks make the outcome a little cloudier than it should be. Nevertheless, I'll put all my chips on the talents of Wenkers Wright to shoulder the load and carry the team to victory. Floyd Central gets the win.

Columbus East (5-2, 4-0 HHC) at Seymour (4-3, 2-2 HHC): According to some writer with the Seymour Tribune, I should be concerned about a free-falling Owls team "steamrolling" my Olympians with their ground game. Apparently someone evaded a drug test before landing the job. Seems like the kind of journalist Bob Knight would've enjoyed taking questions from. But I digress. The Olympians are pretty banged up, although that's not an issue in conference play. Considering East has scored at least 42 points and has won by at least 26 points in the last 15 games against Seymour, I still fully expect them to "steamroll" Seymour.

Jennings County (3-4, 1-3 HHC) at Jeffersonville (2-5, 2-2 HHC): This could be the HHC game of the week. The Panthers' pass-heavy offense and porous defense could make this a shootout. The Red Devils will have the talent advantage in this one but will they play a clean, smart game? We shall find out. I'll favor talent and go with Jeff though.

New Albany (2-5, 1-3 HHC) at Madison (1-6, 1-3 HHC): The Bulldogs finally broke through last week and picked up their first HHC win of the season. I expect them to get two straight against a terrible Cubs team. Not much more to say about this one. The results speak for themselves. New Albany gets the W.

Be careful writing stuff like this Frozen. You’ll have someone extremely butt-hurt come here and criticize it. Lol. Nevertheless, pretty good analysis as usual.

• Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

If you had any clue, even you would laugh at this drivel. Oh wait, I forgot, opinions don't necessarily have to based in facts....

And you wonder why everyone calls you out on the stupid stuff you post, over and over.  

Oh, I definitely have a clue.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Be careful writing stuff like this Frozen. You’ll have someone extremely butt-hurt come here and criticize it. Lol. Nevertheless, pretty good analysis as usual.

He has done this every week. And his analysis is fair. It doesn't mean we guess them all right, but he calls it how he thinks it can play out. Then they play the games. There's no way to predict with certainty or we'd be rich from gambling. Nothing to be upset about there. 

• Like 1

Bedford North Lawrence (2-5, 2-2 HHC) at Floyd Central (5-2, 3-1 HHC)

Columbus East (5-2, 4-0 HHC) at Seymour (4-3, 2-2 HHC)

Jennings County (3-4, 1-3 HHC) at Jeffersonville (2-5, 2-2 HHC)

New Albany (2-5, 1-3 HHC) at Madison (1-6, 1-3 HHC)

I do think Jennings could upend Jeff if they play really well and BNL could upset FC as those are always good games no matter the records.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

He has done this every week. And his analysis is fair. It doesn't mean we guess them all right, but he calls it how he thinks it can play out. Then they play the games. There's no way to predict with certainty or we'd be rich from gambling. Nothing to be upset about there. 

I’m talking about his analysis of Seymour. And tbh, I was only joking. I.O. Just likes to bust my balls.

East vs Seymour- The injuries have hit East. And if McDonald is out, that’s a blow because he’s a very solid TB. Seymour has a good one too with Drummond. I think East is too physical for Seymour and it should be a convincing win.

FC vs BNL- On paper, it looks like a Floyd Central victory. But I am always nervous about playing BNL. Weber is actually a good coach. They will only get better from here on out. Floyd has some injuries. They should get a few guys back tonight. Their secondary has been hit hard. Their pass defense might be the weakness on that team. I like what Tristan Polk has been doing in the passing game. I’ll take the Highlanders.

JC vs Jeff-I’m taking JC here. I think they finally hired the right coach. I love their offensive scheme. The longer he’s there, the better they’ll get. Like Coach Bragg at FC, coach Sharp is trying to get JC away from just the ground and pound style. An explosive passing game is the way to go these days. Jeff has talent. And I respect a Police Detective for taking that job. But Jeff is just all over the map right now.

NA vs Madison-NA by a lot. Coach Cooley should be excited about his young kids, especially his TB, Myles Johnson. They have a few good athletes playing QB. In 2 years, that team will be a threat.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1