Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Not sure they get Carson back. That’s a HUGE loss for them,. Big time D1 RB that hasn’t played at all this year. 

Source I know close to family said he broke his toe/foot last week after struggling with hamstring. If true hard to see him playing. East has a lot to worry about on the “get healthy to play” side 

10 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Source I know close to family said he broke his toe/foot last week after struggling with hamstring. If true hard to see him playing. East has a lot to worry about on the “get healthy to play” side 

Atleast we know Dalton Back is healthy 🙂. Glad to see him get a workout with the Kansas City Royals over fall break. Gilley is the only one I question if he will be ready by sectional. Saw his grandma post he had an ankle/knee sprain. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I disagree. BNL couldn’t stop Tristan Polk untill he sprained his ankle. They couldn’t cover Calvin Brown, and they couldn’t cover Kaleb Quenichet. And that’s in the rain. They really couldn’t move the ball on Floyd when their defense really locked in. The weather played a factor for both teams of course. But Floyd is a lot more explosive on offense than they were due to high wind and a lot of rain.

Were you at the game?

Absolutely BNL came out flat...after that the game was evenly played.  

Can’t control the weather...

I guess BNL is better at handling punts and executing PATs and the like. 

Maybe work on that between now and November 1. It could be another cold and rainy night. But at least we will know if it’s the elements that would be the cause should BNL lose absolutely nothing to do with how a team executes in said elements. 

Floyd will absolutely be the favorite at home and should be, but I firmly believe that BNL can win the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know about you guys but, if we're not going to give the regular season any merit come tourney time (qualification system, seeding, better teams get home field, etc.), I'm not a fan of having a team play at the same school twice in a season. We've already seen BNL at Floyd Central. Why can't we get Floyd Central at BNL? All three of East's sectional games last year were just repeats of the regular season: vs Seymour, at New Albany, at BNL. I mean, it's not really a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but it would just be nice if we could go home/away on repeat match-ups.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I don't know about you guys but, if we're not going to give the regular season any merit come tourney time (qualification system, seeding, better teams get home field, etc.), I'm not a fan of having a team play at the same school twice in a season. We've already seen BNL at Floyd Central. Why can't we get Floyd Central at BNL? All three of East's sectional games last year were just repeats of the regular season: vs Seymour, at New Albany, at BNL. I mean, it's not really a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but it would just be nice if we could go home/away on repeat match-ups.

I’d settle for that compromise.

BNL is traveling to Jeff this week, then the bye week and then back to Floyd. 

You have to play the hand you are dealt but that drive 😬

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I'm looking at the power schools all up and down the classes - it seems the legacy system works to a point, but why not just throw all teams in a ranking system 1 -325 or whatever, then divide them up into the 6 tourneys? Week 9 is the cut and use something similar to the Sagarin Ratings (but better).  New Pal is arguably the best team in the state regardless of class some say, and East Central is usually a top 5 team that can play with a lot of 6a schools, and some of the lower tier 6a should be playing in the class 5 tourney. Evansville Memorial who recruits is a Power 3a that could compete with a lot of 6a and Brownstown can compete well with 4a or even 5a schools. Madison may drop to a 3a tourney ...so on and so on. If were talking legacy, make it a full 100% ranking system with legacy build in the formula instead of waiting years to move ...

What do you guys think about it? I think it would make for more competitive games and face teams we wouldn't normally face.

6 hours ago, starbacker said:

Were you at the game?

Absolutely BNL came out flat...after that the game was evenly played.  

Can’t control the weather...

I guess BNL is better at handling punts and executing PATs and the like. 

Maybe work on that between now and November 1. It could be another cold and rainy night. But at least we will know if it’s the elements that would be the cause should BNL lose absolutely nothing to do with how a team executes in said elements. 

Floyd will absolutely be the favorite at home and should be, but I firmly believe that BNL can win the game.

The heavy rain not only evened things up. It killed our crowd as well as it being Harvest Homecoming in New Albany. We had a packed house at all the other games. So we really didn’t have the true homefield advantage in that game. Whether that makes a difference the next time around, who knows?

BNL (2-6 overall, 2-3 in HHC) at Jeffersonville (3-5 overall, 3-3 in HHC)

Madison (1-7, 1-4) at Columbus East (6-2, 5-0)

Jennings County (3-5, 1-4) at New Albany (3-5, 2-3)

Floyd Central (6-2, 4-1) at Seymour (4-4, 3-3)

Not trying to step on anyone's toes- just thought I could help out 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BNL (2-6 overall, 2-3 in HHC) at Jeffersonville (3-5 overall, 3-3 in HHC)

Madison (1-7, 1-4) at Columbus East (6-2, 5-0)

Jennings County (3-5, 1-4) at New Albany (3-5, 2-3)

Floyd Central (6-2, 4-1) at Seymour (4-4, 3-3)

You certainly have to wonder if the weather was a player for Seymour last week in being able to stay so close with East. They started out the season well, then have struggled since. Seymour is a tough place to play, especially for the Highlanders. This one could go either way. The same can be said for BNL/Jeff. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way. And while I'm at it, you can't count out JC sneaking up on New Albany. I think the East game is the only sure fire thing this week! Good luck to all teams and stay healthy heading into the tournament. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

BNL (2-6 overall, 2-3 in HHC) at Jeffersonville (3-5 overall, 3-3 in HHC)

Madison (1-7, 1-4) at Columbus East (6-2, 5-0)

Jennings County (3-5, 1-4) at New Albany (3-5, 2-3)

Floyd Central (6-2, 4-1) at Seymour (4-4, 3-3)

You certainly have to wonder if the weather was a player for Seymour last week in being able to stay so close with East. They started out the season well, then have struggled since. Seymour is a tough place to play, especially for the Highlanders. This one could go either way. The same can be said for BNL/Jeff. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way. And while I'm at it, you can't count out JC sneaking up on New Albany. I think the East game is the only sure fire thing this week! Good luck to all teams and stay healthy heading into the tournament. 

Senior night at Seymour - so emotions will be high. Not sure whether this helps or hurts the Owls ( i would assume it would help as they have notoriously come out slow all year). It's all going to depend on which Seymour team shows up.

• Like 1

HHC Pick 'Em Standings:

1. @boilerfan87 38/43(.884)
2. @Frozen Tundra 35/43 (.814)
3. @starbacker 23/30 (.767)
4. @Fkfootball 3/4 (.750)
5. @mamasa 26/35 (.743)
6. @TIFootball 2/4 (.500)

Week 9 Predictions:

Bedford North Lawrence (2-6, 2-3 HHC) at Jeffersonville (3-5, 3-2 HHC): This is a game that feels like it could go either way. The Red Devils have won two straight, although it was against Madison and Jennings County. The Stars have lost three straight but it was against stiff competition. I have nothing to go by here except my gut and my gut is telling me BNL squeaks one out.

Floyd Central (6-2, 4-1 HHC) at Seymour (4-4, 2-3 HHC): The Highlanders are looking to wrap up sole possession of 2nd place. The Owls have lost four straight but none of those losses was by more than seven points. To add to the intrigue, Seymour has won its last two home games against Floyd Central. This may come down to which defense is more effective at stopping the run. I've got to think that will be Floyd Central but I've been surprised before. Regardless, I'll say Floyd Central gets its first win in Seymour since 2014.

Jennings County (3-5, 1-4 HHC) at New Albany (3-5, 2-3 HHC): The Bulldogs have won two straight after starting 0-3 in HHC play. The Panthers are 0-4 against 5A opponents with no game being closer than 21 points. I believe both streaks will continue. I'll take New Albany by at least 21.

Madison (1-7, 1-4 HHC) at Columbus East (6-2, 5-0 HHC): The worst team in the HHC plays the best team. Great timing for the Olympians who are needing the extra rest before opening up sectional play with Center Grove. The question going into this game isn't whether Madison will win, it's whether they'll score a touchdown. The Cubs haven't found the endzone against East since 2015.