Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

37 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I would love for #11 from Madison to be on East’s team! That kid has the speed and heart. Loved watching him play tonight when he got the ball. 

Humes is a freshmen- and team indiana Select last year. North tried there best to recruit him, and almost had him. Would look better in Purple tho- just what we need- an athlete lol.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

FC 21

Seymour 14

Final

Didnt care about margin coming into this. We never win there. Getting out of there with a win is huge. 7-2. 

Floyd RB - wow that cat is fast! Broke a 95 ya touchdown and made it look like everyone else were standing still lol.

was a fun game to watch- Seymour 4 turnovers doomed them as well as not being to cover a pass- still.

After seeing the conference- it would surprise me if Floyd doesn’t win the sectional. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIFootball said:

Humes is a freshmen- and team indiana Select last year. North tried there best to recruit him, and almost had him. Would look better in Purple tho- just what we need- an athlete lol.

Kid is an absolute monster! I saw him have some long convo’s and little raps of the shoulders with East kids.. hopefully he was saying, I’ll be here next year haha. Jk. But all joking aside, very good player. 

4 minutes ago, TIFootball said:

I figured @Olympian06 was referring to Humes (I couldn't remember what his number was). That name is a mainstay in Madison but Willie Humes used to be an assistant girls basketball coach at East. Not sure what the relation is here but I'm sure there is one.

17 minutes ago, TIFootball said:

Floyd RB - wow that cat is fast! Broke a 95 ya touchdown and made it look like everyone else were standing still lol.

was a fun game to watch- Seymour 4 turnovers doomed them as well as not being to cover a pass- still.

After seeing the conference- it would surprise me if Floyd doesn’t win the sectional. 

Your defense is tough. I didn’t like the holding penalties on what would’ve been a few more Wenkers TDs, but that’s football. Good luck in the Sectional. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Your defense is tough. I didn’t like the holding penalties on what would’ve been a few more Wenkers TDs, but that’s football. Good luck in the Sectional. 

Thanks- but I think we need a little more than luck 🙂

i thought is was pretty even penalty wise, but yea- he had another 65 yarder called back. 

Praying this cat is a senior???

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I figured @Olympian06 was referring to Humes (I couldn't remember what his number was). That name is a mainstay in Madison but Willie Humes used to be an assistant girls basketball coach at East. Not sure what the relation is here but I'm sure there is one.

Back in the day there was always a Humes in Madison teams and the were all good athletes. I thought Willie was back at East?

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Back in the day there was always a Humes in Madison teams and the were all good athletes. I thought Willie was back at East?

He might be. I haven't been to a girls game in quite some time. Always liked running into Willie in the gym on my way out to track practice. Great guy.

Columbus East has had an excellent Fall Sports season.

HHC Champs in :

Boys Soccer (won regional tonight) 

Girls Soccer (lost in sec champ)

Volleyball (Sectional champs tonight)

Football 

Baseball will be extremely good again this year, will be pre season #1 or #2. 

Ready for football sectionals now, but have to wait 2 weeks for 6A to start. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

HHC Champs in :

Football 

Girls cross country team also advanced to semistate. It was by the skin of their teeth but they did it.

• Like 1

I've kept meaning to post this since Friday night but kudos to Jeffersonville's Champions Together program. Before the game stated a Special Olympian Jeremy Singleton was in uniform and fully suited up in Red Devils gear. Both Jeffersonville offense and BNL defense lined up at the 20 and he ran the football for a touchdown.

That stuff warms my heart and I love to see it. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

HHC Champs in :

Football 

You guys will threaten us for the All-Sports title. Although, our Basketball, Wrestling, Swimming, Track and Field, and Baseball teams are all really good this year.

Per John Harrell's site:

SECTIONAL 8
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
Center Grove 63.98% 35.28% 10.82% 5.56%
Franklin Central 25.34% 8.73% 1.47% .48%
Columbus North 5.95% 1.11% .10% .02%
Columbus East 4.73% .80% .06% .01%

SECTIONAL 14
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
New Palestine 75.32% 31.04% 27.38% 18.87%
Franklin 17.91% 2.27% 1.30% .38%
Whiteland 6.58% .75% .40% .11%
Seymour .19% .00% .00% .00%

SECTIONAL 16
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
Floyd Central 68.53% 13.49% .42% .04%
Jeffersonville 17.11% 1.12% .01% .00%
New Albany 7.21% .30% .00% .00%
Bedford North Lawrence 7.15% .34% .00% .00%

SECTIONAL 23
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
East Central 50.23% 37.28% 29.65% 19.15%
Mooresville 42.01% 28.76% 21.45% 12.42%
Martinsville 3.39% .99% .36% .07%
Greenwood 3.33% .95% .33% .07%
Silver Creek .93% .24% .08% .01%
South Dearborn .11% .01% .00% .00%
Jennings County .00% .00% .00% .00%
Madison .00% .00% .00% .00%

Seems odd New Pal only has 18.7% chance of winning the state, I thought they had already been crowned. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Per John Harrell's site:

SECTIONAL 8
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
Center Grove 63.98% 35.28% 10.82% 5.56%
Franklin Central 25.34% 8.73% 1.47% .48%
Columbus North 5.95% 1.11% .10% .02%
Columbus East 4.73% .80% .06% .01%

SECTIONAL 14
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
New Palestine 75.32% 31.04% 27.38% 18.87%
Franklin 17.91% 2.27% 1.30% .38%
Whiteland 6.58% .75% .40% .11%
Seymour .19% .00% .00% .00%

SECTIONAL 16
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
Floyd Central 68.53% 13.49% .42% .04%
Jeffersonville 17.11% 1.12% .01% .00%
New Albany 7.21% .30% .00% .00%
Bedford North Lawrence 7.15% .34% .00% .00%

SECTIONAL 23
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
East Central 50.23% 37.28% 29.65% 19.15%
Mooresville 42.01% 28.76% 21.45% 12.42%
Martinsville 3.39% .99% .36% .07%
Greenwood 3.33% .95% .33% .07%
Silver Creek .93% .24% .08% .01%
South Dearborn .11% .01% .00% .00%
Jennings County .00% .00% .00% .00%
Madison .00% .00% .00% .00%

Seems odd New Pal only has 18.7% chance of winning the state, I thought they had already been crowned. 

Only 1 team in the south has any chance to beat them, and that team is considered the “favorite” by percentages... anybody not named Cathedral in the south will get killed by New Pal. 

13 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Only 1 team in the south has any chance to beat them, and that team is considered the “favorite” by percentages... anybody not named Cathedral in the south will get killed by New Pal. 

Well the Regional between Sectional 15 and Sectional 16, won’t be all that good. These are the 8 teams that can win it.

Floyd Central. Jeffersonville. New Albany. BNL. Bloomington North. Bloomington South. Castle. Evansville North.

Not 1 of those teams can hang with New Pal or Cathedral. Bloomington North is probably the best of that group on paper and they won’t have a chance.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Well the Regional between Sectional 15 and Sectional 16, won’t be all that good. These are the 8 teams that can win it.

Floyd Central. Jeffersonville. New Albany. BNL. Bloomington North. Bloomington South. Castle. Evansville North.

Not 1 of those teams can hang with New Pal or Cathedral. Bloomington North is probably the best of that group on paper and they won’t have a chance.

I agree 100%

• Like 1

Week 10 Predictions

Only two games this week. I'll try to put up the pick 'em standings a little bit later.

Greenwood (3-6) at Madison (1-8): The Woodmen take it. Not much more to say. No explanation needed.

Jennings County (3-6) at Martinsville (3-6): In week 1, the Artesians slaughtered BNL 40-7 who went on to smash Jennings County in week 3 50-21. Normally I wouldn't use the transitive property to pick a winner but there's a big difference between the Mid State Conference and the Hoosier Hills Conference. These scores allow you to see that clearly. Martinsville wins.

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 10 Predictions

Only two games this week. I'll try to put up the pick 'em standings a little bit later.

Greenwood (3-6) at Madison (1-8): The Woodmen take it. Not much more to say. No explanation needed.

Jennings County (3-6) at Martinsville (3-6): In week 1, the Artesians slaughtered BNL 40-7 who went on to smash Jennings County in week 3 50-21. Normally I wouldn't use the transitive property to pick a winner but there's a big difference between the Mid State Conference and the Hoosier Hills Conference. These scores allow you to see that clearly. Martinsville wins.

I’ve been more impressed with JC this year than any I can remember. Their QB is legit. Their system is legit. I think they’ll be good eventually.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I’ve been more impressed with JC this year than any I can remember. Their QB is legit. Their system is legit. I think they’ll be good eventually.

In 2016 they went 6-4, and finished 2nd in the conference. In 2011 they went 5-5 with a talented RB and a coach who has since won a state title at his new school. 

It sounds like things are on a good track in JC. Perhaps the wins will follow. They've had some better seasons in recent memory. Best of luck to the Panthers. 

• Like 1