Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

10 hours ago, starbacker said:

Thank you for recognizing that 😀

I’m sure someone will get an earful before next Friday night. 

Nikirk is a great young man. Has a great arm. He be playing baseball in college. 

Two of my favorite moments from this season were Nikirk (Dalton) throwing TD pass to Nikirk (Dylan) his brother who is a Freshman. 

This team had the worst loss a team could have at home to Madison on homecoming night and could have folded but they overcame inexperience and a ton of injuries (season ending) to continue to improve and finish with their heads held high. 

Coach Weber and his staff are absolutely incredible and as long as they stay the course and continue to coach at BNL the fruits of their labor is right around the corner. 

How was the JV this year? The freshmen team?

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

How was the JV this year? The freshmen team?

From Seymour perspective, these 2 programs have the most upside. They blew out Seymour JV - not even close.

Seymour Freshman team was 5-2 Beat everyone but BNL and Floyd - neither game was close. BNL and Floyd have a good pipeline.

20 hours ago, TIFootball said:

From Seymour perspective, these 2 programs have the most upside. They blew out Seymour JV - not even close.

Seymour Freshman team was 5-2 Beat everyone but BNL and Floyd - neither game was close. BNL and Floyd have a good pipeline.

We did very well from Varsity to Middle School this season. From Coach Bragg and on down, we have really good coaching. In regards to Seymour, I’ll say this. They’re 7th and 8th grade teams are really good. I think Seymour could be pretty good down the road. The entire HHC is on a positive trajectory. East is the blue blood. FC and BNL have good programs. NA has some really good underclassmen and should improve. Jeffersonville always has talent, it just remains to be seen if they can figure it out. I like the coach at JC. It remains to be seen if he can find enough personnel to win. And then there is Madison, who is just under-matched against the HHC and quite frankly, deserves a conference change. 

• Thanks 1

Out of  curiosity does fc have visiting stands? As a fan of the game I follow hhc a bit and if fc and bhss both win they will meet at bhss in the regional. So bhss wont even be playing there if the two teams were to win. I had been told fc had nice facilities but didnt have a visitors stands . The teams have never played on the football field. I would like to see the matchup. 

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Out of  curiosity does fc have visiting stands? As a fan of the game I follow hhc a bit and if fc and bhss both win they will meet at bhss in the regional. So bhss wont even be playing there if the two teams were to win. I had been told fc had nice facilities but didnt have a visitors stands . The teams have never played on the football field. I would like to see the matchup. 

They do not, but the bleachers have a very large capacity. I may be wrong, but I feel like they did bring in temp stands for the visitors side for an event at some point. Regardless, the facilities are very nice.

• Thanks 1

Any FC fan familiar with the reason why there are no visitor stands?  Any plans to put some in?  From google maps it looks as though there is not much room but probably enough to put a small maybe long instead of deep bleacher .. . . . .

Edited by MuleDriver

4 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Any FC fan familiar with the reason why there are no visitor stands?  Any plans to put some in?  From google maps it looks as though there is not much room but probably enough to put a small maybe long instead of deep bleacher .. . . . .

Their stadium is much larger in person. It can hold a large crowd. And they can put in temporary visitor stands if necessary. There is no way that FC can host a Regional this year. Too many home games in the Sectional.

27 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Their stadium is much larger in person. It can hold a large crowd. And they can put in temporary visitor stands if necessary. There is no way that FC can host a Regional this year. Too many home games in the Sectional.

I believe it has to do with bracket placement. The winner of sectional 16 will host the regional. 

• Like 1

For the first time since 2010, an HHC team has advanced further than Columbus East in the state tournament. Floyd Central was the lone team to do so in 2010. This year they are joined by Jeffersonville who has outlasted East for the first time since 2005. Congrats to both schools. It's nice to know there will still be activity in this thread for at least one more week.

Week 12 Prediction

Jeffersonville (4-6) at Floyd Central (8-2): Floyd Central is looking for its first sectional title since 2009. Jeffersonville is looking for its first sectional title since 2007. Just like last week, the Highlanders will be repeating a match-up from earlier in the year. They pulled away in the second half to beat the Red Devils 23-6 back in week 5. Jeff has definitely improved with the new coach and doesn't seem to be having the same issues that they are infamously known for. Could they pull the upset here? It's possible. However, the cold weather favors Floyd's effective ground game. Therefore, I think the Highlanders get the win.

FC vs Jeff. 

This is no sure thing. Even though Floyd is favored, Jeffersonville has improved. I have a lot of respect for Lieutenant Parker for being a Jeffersonville Police Detective and being the Head Coach at Jeffersonville. That isn’t easy. They are physical and they have plenty of athleticism. If Floyd Central doesn’t show up ready, they could find themselves in trouble. I think a lot of Coach Bragg, and I’m sure he’s doing everything he can to get them ready. But those kids need to be focused and put this one away at home.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

FC vs Jeff. 

This is no sure thing. Even though Floyd is favored, Jeffersonville has improved. I have a lot of respect for Lieutenant Parker for being a Jeffersonville Police Detective and being the Head Coach at Jeffersonville. That isn’t easy. They are physical and they have plenty of athleticism. If Floyd Central doesn’t show up ready, they could find themselves in trouble. I think a lot of Coach Bragg, and I’m sure he’s doing everything he can to get them ready. But those kids need to be focused and put this one away at home.

Something is wrong with @Fkfootball he’s talking way to sensibly over the past few weeks. I agree with with his assessment. 

I would think FC will win but with BNL’s last three games against these two teams it is no sure thing. I believe FC has enough talent to win it going away but I do think Jeff has a better OL. 

FC 31

Jeff 20

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 8:26 AM, Olympian06 said:

The only loss CE had at any level against HHC opponents was the 12-7 loss to Seymour at the Freshman level. JV and Varsity both went unbeaten. 

BNL due to injuries had a several kids who didn’t play on the Freshmen and JV because they were playing on Friday nights. If this Freshman and Sophomore class stays dedicated in the weight-room they will be a force to be reckoned with. That will be on them though. 

1 hour ago, starbacker said:

Something is wrong with @Fkfootball he’s talking way to sensibly over the past few weeks. I agree with with his assessment. 

I would think FC will win but with BNL’s last three games against these two teams it is no sure thing. I believe FC has enough talent to win it going away but I do think Jeff has a better OL. 

FC 31

Jeff 20

I think that’s fair. I think FC has struggled at times on the O-line but they’re well coached and they have improved. Wenkers doesn’t need much of hole to bust for paydirt.