Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Congrats to Floyd on their 3rd sectional title in school history. 

Bloomington South will be quite the challenge. They don't have any common opponents, but BHSS did play Martinsville and lost to them. Martinsville destroyed BNL early in the year. BHSS also lost to Columbus North, who defeated Columbus East. It should be an interesting matchup! 

12 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Congrats to Floyd on their 3rd sectional title in school history. 

Bloomington South will be quite the challenge. They don't have any common opponents, but BHSS did play Martinsville and lost to them. Martinsville destroyed BNL early in the year. BHSS also lost to Columbus North, who defeated Columbus East. It should be an interesting matchup! 

Floyd is pretty banged up. It’s going to be a challenge. They are definitely trending up with Coach Bragg though.

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd is pretty banged up. It’s going to be a challenge. They are definitely trending up with Coach Bragg though.

I wish i could make it . Hopefully they start the game at 7 30 or 8 because of fc travel then i will be able to see  some of it at least. BHSS and FC have never played on the football field.  Makes it interesting. Hope thge teams get their injured players back. South lost a senior Inside linebacker to a hamstring tonight. Not sure how bad it is. 

Recap- Just a great overall night at FC. It’s worth it to freeze my butt off to witness a Sectional Championship. First off, I’ll give some credit to Jeffersonville. Coach Isaac Parker brought the most disciplined Jeffersonville team that I’ve seen in a while. Even though they made some mistakes, they played very clean, and they played hard. I think he did a good job this year. I think they’ll improve. It was really a closer game for 3 qtrs than what you think. We had a 10-0 halftime lead despite having great field position the whole game. The officiating was horrible. Floyd Central had some ridiculous penalties called on them that helped stall some opportunities. Wenkers had a few nice runs in the first half and we threw it pretty well. But he went down with an Ankle injury, early in the 3rd and he did not return. The latest that I’ve heard is that he should be fine and should play against BSHS but I imagine that’s a gametime decision. Colin Cummins came in and ran the ball extremely well and Coach Bragg had a couple really good play calls to kind of get the momentum back after Jeff blocked a FG and ran it back to make it 10-7. All in all, just a great Victory, that was well earned by all the players and staff. This is probably the best I’ve felt about their football program in a long time because I think they have one heck of a coaching staff. Looking forward to seeing how they match up with Bloomington South. We have never won a Regional Championship.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Recap- Just a great overall night at FC. It’s worth it to freeze my butt off to witness a Sectional Championship. First off, I’ll give some credit to Jeffersonville. Coach Isaac Parker brought the most disciplined Jeffersonville team that I’ve seen in a while. Even though they made some mistakes, they played very clean, and they played hard. I think he did a good job this year. I think they’ll improve. It was really a closer game for 3 qtrs than what you think. We had a 10-0 halftime lead despite having great field position the whole game. The officiating was horrible. Floyd Central had some ridiculous penalties called on them that helped stall some opportunities. Wenkers had a few nice runs in the first half and we threw it pretty well. But he went down with an Ankle injury, early in the 3rd and he did not return. The latest that I’ve heard is that he should be fine and should play against BSHS but I imagine that’s a gametime decision. Colin Cummins came in and ran the ball extremely well and Coach Bragg had a couple really good play calls to kind of get the momentum back after Jeff blocked a FG and ran it back to make it 10-7. All in all, just a great Victory, that was well earned by all the players and staff. This is probably the best I’ve felt about their football program in a long time because I think they have one heck of a coaching staff. Looking forward to seeing how they match up with Bloomington South. We have never won a Regional Championship.

I was able to be there for the previous two sectional titles. The one in 98 and 09. Unfortunately, I was under the weather and was unable to make it last night. 

In the 1998 regional, they lost 22-12 to Indianapolis Cathedral. That was quite a game. Cathedral barely beat East Central in semi-state, then destroyed Concord for the state title.  In 09, they had to travel to Center Grove and did not fare well, losing 42-7. Center Grove lost in the semi-state to Warren Central. 

BHSS will be quite the challenge next week, especially having to travel. Best of luck to the Highlanders. 

25 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

I was able to be there for the previous two sectional titles. The one in 98 and 09. Unfortunately, I was under the weather and was unable to make it last night. 

In the 1998 regional, they lost 22-12 to Indianapolis Cathedral. That was quite a game. Cathedral barely beat East Central in semi-state, then destroyed Concord for the state title.  In 09, they had to travel to Center Grove and did not fare well, losing 42-7. Center Grove lost in the semi-state to Warren Central. 

BHSS will be quite the challenge next week, especially having to travel. Best of luck to the Highlanders. 

The 98 team was probably the best FC has ever had. That team beat East like 44-6 or something ridiculous like that. Had they beaten Cathedral, it’s very possible that Floyd could have made it to State and possibly even won.

25 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

The 98 team was probably the best FC has ever had. That team beat East like 44-6 or something ridiculous like that. Had they beaten Cathedral, it’s very possible that Floyd could have made it to State and possibly even won.

Columbus East was 0-10 in 1997 and 0-10 in 1998. A lot of teams beat up on CE those years lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

What were the calls that troubled you?  The one in the 1st quarter or coming out oh halftime?

11 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East was 0-10 in 1997 and 0-10 in 1998. A lot of teams beat up on CE those years lol. 

I hadn’t remembered what their record was, but thanks. That makes more sense. Lol.

6 hours ago, SPARKS said:

What were the calls that troubled you?  The one in the 1st quarter or coming out oh halftime?

I’ll give you an example. FCs QB scrambled outside the hashes and threw it out of bounds and got called for Intentional Grounding.

I also liked the 3rd and 20 play where Polk threw the ball deep and Jeff’s DB literally grabbed the back of the WRs jersey but no call. 

51 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I’ll give you an example. FCs QB scrambled outside the hashes and threw it out of bounds and got called for Intentional Grounding.

You can't throw it away in high school football, so any intentional throw out of bounds is grounding no matter where the ball is thrown from.

54 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

You can't throw it away in high school football, so any intentional throw out of bounds is grounding no matter where the ball is thrown from.

Not exactly. It’s true the NCAA and NFL rule that allows you to throw the ball away when you’re outside the tackle box does not exist in high school. But intentional grounding occurs only when the pass is purposely incompleted to save loss of yardage or conserve time. If there’s no one open, and the QB just decides to give up on the play and just throw it away, it’s not a foul if he’s not under duress while doing so.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

I did not know this. I can’t believe that’s actually a rule. I learn something new every day. Thanks for telling me.

35 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Not exactly. It’s true the NCAA and NFL rule that allows you to throw the ball away when you’re outside the tackle box does not exist in high school. But intentional grounding occurs only when the pass is purposely incompleted to save loss of yardage or conserve time. If there’s no one open, and the QB just decides to give up on the play and just throw it away, it’s not a foul if he’s not under duress while doing so.

He was under duress.

Week 13 Prediction

Floyd Central (9-2) at Bloomington South (7-4): The Highlanders look to win their first ever regional championship while the Panthers look to win their first since 2016 (and 11th overall). Bloomington South struggles to play to its full potential at times despite its amount of talent and legendary head coach. However, I don't think they have much to worry about in this one. Their big defensive line will make it hard for Floyd Central to move the ball while their offensive line will allow for Maveric Thiery to break some big runs for long touchdowns. The season ends for the HHC as Bloomington South wins by at least three touchdowns.

5 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 13 Prediction

Floyd Central (9-2) at Bloomington South (7-4): The Highlanders look to win their first ever regional championship while the Panthers look to win their first since 2016 (and 11th overall). Bloomington South struggles to play to its full potential at times despite its amount of talent and legendary head coach. However, I don't think they have much to worry about in this one. Their big defensive line will make it hard for Floyd Central to move the ball while their offensive line will allow for Maveric Thiery to break some big runs for long touchdowns. The season ends for the HHC as Bloomington South wins by at least three touchdowns.

I'm just going to quote and agree with you. Hopefully FC can play well and keep it close, as we will all be rooting for the HHC to continue on. Good luck, Highlanders.

8 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 13 Prediction

It would take a Herculean effort from Wenkers Wright to give us a chance. With his injury last week, I’m not sure how that’s going to play out. It’s been a solid season for the Highlander’s though, who will return most of its core, including Wenkers Wright and QB Tristan Polk, next season, so I expect them to have a chance at a Regional next year as well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

It would take a Herculean effort from Wenkers Wright to give us a chance. With his injury last week, I’m not sure how that’s going to play out. It’s been a solid season for the Highlander’s though, who will return most of its core, including Wenkers Wright and QB Tristan Polk, next season, so I expect them to have a chance at a Regional next year as well.

Coach Bragg is doing a nice job building his program. The foundation looks to be solid and the future is bright. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Coach Bragg is doing a nice job building his program. The foundation looks to be solid and the future is bright. 

The community loves him. He’s a keeper.

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Congrats to both teams on making it this far. Safe travels to floyd and their fanbase.  Looking forward to see how this one  plays out. 

Appreciate your kind words. You’re class, as is BSHS.

• Like 1

Bloomington South 40

Floyd Central 14

Final

Competitive game for 1 half. FC outscored 27-0 in the 2nd half. Wenkers Wright tried to play on a bad ankle but he just wasn’t himself and that was costly. South was clearly the better team though and I tip my hat to them and wish them luck next week. FC had a great season finishing 9-3 and return several starters for next season. That’s it for the HHC. Better luck next season.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Bloomington South 40

Floyd Central 14

Final

Competitive game for 1 half. FC outscored 27-0 in the 2nd half. Wenkers Wright tried to play on a bad ankle but he just wasn’t himself and that was costly. South was clearly the better team though and I tip my hat to them and wish them luck next week. FC had a great season finishing 9-3 and return several starters for next season. That’s it for the HHC. Better luck next season.

FC played a very good first half and was error-free in that I don't recall any penalties and they didn't have any turnovers. South was having problems with their short passing game, especially the swing passes and short passes to the flanks, and they were committing some major penalties. South appeared to get stronger as the game wore on, while FC seemed to run out of gas in the 2nd half. FC does have a good team and deserves all of the kudos for having a great season. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...