Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

My Highlanders are getting some good pub this off-season. Can’t wait till August.

@FloydCentralFB has some talent on their roster.
Graduated some really good players headed to play in college. In their 2021 class, they have some kids with  
offers & more on the way. QBPolk & RB Wright were impressive at @INShowcase1.
OL Michalski is a prospect. #INPreps

1 hour ago, billybob said:

I think Wright should graduate early and go on to college 

I see this happen a lot. 

I had the opportunity to sit at a wedding reception with my daughter and several of her former travel teammates at a wedding last summer. The discussion got around to all the things they missed in high school because of their commitment to their sport and playing at the next level. It was sure interesting to listen to, I hesitate to say that any of them regretted anything, I think they all just felt like they missed out on something. All of them talked about missing Football homecomings, dances, school activities, social activities, etc. It was very interesting to listen to. College will still be there in the fall, you only get one shot at this.  

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

https://indianapreps.wordpress.com/2020/03/30/stock-is-rising-fast-for-zenuae-michalski/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

If FC can just find a few more guys like this, we might be able to make some serious noise!

That's pretty awesome. With RB Wright also having a BGSU offer, that's two guys with sure fire D1 offers. Full ride D1 guys out of Floyd have not happened very often over the years. Congrats to the two and the program. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:56 PM, boilerfan87 said:

That's pretty awesome. With RB Wright also having a BGSU offer, that's two guys with sure fire D1 offers. Full ride D1 guys out of Floyd have not happened very often over the years. Congrats to the two and the program. 

Coach Bragg is obviously a very good Head Coach and he also walked into the program at a good time. FC has had the good fortune lately of putting out some really talented athletes. Obviously some of that credit goes to the coaches. It’s exciting to see kids like Zen Michalski, Wenkers Wright, and Tristan Polk playing there right now. Obviously our number 1 priority is keeping people safe and healthy. I do hope we’ll get to see Football this fall. I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Seymour is headed back to rebuilding while they are currently rebuilding lol. We can’t keep a coach here. 

Kelly is out- agreed to move to HSE to be their new head coach. Moving to a more target rich environment. Disappointing really, but not unexpected. 

it seems the going rate for Seymour coaches is 3-4 years, then get out while you can. 

hiring new coaches, or at least good young ones seems to be a bad model for Seymour. Spend 3-4 years building rapport and use as a springboard to bigger program. It not working. Shattuck to the new power in the north at Elkhart, and now Kelly to HSE. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:24 PM, TIFootball said:

Well, Seymour is headed back to rebuilding while they are currently rebuilding lol. We can’t keep a coach here. 

Kelly is out- agreed to move to HSE to be their new head coach. Moving to a more target rich environment. Disappointing really, but not unexpected. 

it seems the going rate for Seymour coaches is 3-4 years, then get out while you can. 

hiring new coaches, or at least good young ones seems to be a bad model for Seymour. Spend 3-4 years building rapport and use as a springboard to bigger program. It not working. Shattuck to the new power in the north at Elkhart, and now Kelly to HSE. 

If I were Seymour, I would hire someone off of Columbus East staff. I would imagine they have a lot of good Asst coaches and the proximity to Seymour is a fit so they may not need to relocate. I was always an advocate of hiring HCs that had considerable HC experience, but seeing how good a job coach Bragg has done being elevated from an Asst, has made me like going that route now as well. Seymour has shown recently that they have enough good talent to compete in the HHC. Just need the right guy that will stick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Tribune-

http://www.tribtown.com/2020/04/21/madison_to_depart_hhc_at_end_of_202021_school_year/

“Football will have the most dramatic impact in regards to scheduling since there are limited games compared to other sports," Bronkella said. "We do not intend to drop all HHC schools in all sports. We do like the idea of dropping them in throughout the sports that have a large number of games."

Who will Madison keep?

On 5/16/2020 at 11:30 AM, DanteEstonia said:

Just from my perspective, I don’t see them wanting to play FC anymore, because they haven’t had any Athletic success against us recently. I can say the same for the other 2 River Schools against them. However, due to proximity, those might be teams they will want to keep. Jennings County as well. BNL is a LONG way away from Madison.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Just from my perspective, I don’t see them wanting to play FC anymore, because they haven’t had any Athletic success against us recently. I can say the same for the other 2 River Schools against them. However, due to proximity, those might be teams they will want to keep. Jennings County as well. BNL is a LONG way away from Madison.

Indeed.  BNL is a long way from Madison.  Conference affiliation should not mean long bus rides.  Although it would be bad on a Friday night, think of other sports such as volleyball and wrestling whose matches are held during the school week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I would also assume that the remaining seven HHC schools would resume a round-robin schedule. Since BNL already plays THS, there wouldn't be room for Madison. 

59 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Indeed.  BNL is a long way from Madison. 

By Indiana standards 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I would also assume that the remaining seven HHC schools would resume a round-robin schedule. Since BNL already plays THS, there wouldn't be room for Madison. 

By Indiana standards 🙂

Is the HHC going to pick up any schools?

16 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I really don’t see Madison and BNL playing each other anymore.

I don't disagree with you, I am just telling you what I was told. BNL sticks out as someone I was told and I remember that because I was surprised. But I could be remembering wrong. JC & Seymour for sure. 

11 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

When do Kentucky schools have non-District games? That’s going to be a big factor for FC, NA, and JEFF.

It is generally the first 6 weeks or so of their schedule, depending on the size of their district. Some districts have just 4 teams, so only 3 games that they will typically play at the end of the season. Others have 6, so that will usually be the last 5 weeks of the season. 

I did see FC picked up Cincinnati Elder for week 3. Quite a step up in competition. Good for them. They already play Kentucky powerhouse, Male, during week 1. 

• Like 2