Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

18 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Nothing to do with athletics, this about building a new school that Borden/Henryville had no interest in paying for. And Silver Creek still is not joining the HHC.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central Tailback Wenkers Wright committed to Illinois State. I was hoping he’d wait a little while but with Covid-19 he chose ISU.

That's a top notch FCS program. There's nothing wrong with that. Good for him. Although I recall him having at least an offer from Bowling Green State, which is FBS. They have been terrible, though, so perhaps he wanted to go to a successful program. Congrats and best of luck. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

That's a top notch FCS program. There's nothing wrong with that. Good for him. Although I recall him having at least an offer from Bowling Green State, which is FBS. They have been terrible, though, so perhaps he wanted to go to a successful program. Congrats and best of luck. 

The Trees are quality.  In my warped little mind, I’d like to see them join the MAC.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Absolutely. Spack is a good coach. It’s a great opportunity for sure. I definitely wouldn’t turn it down. It’s close for his family to come see him so I’m sure that’s important.

• 1 month later...

With Floyd Central unable to play Male in week 1 and Jeffersonville unable to play Fern Creek in week 1 due to Kentucky sanctions, FC and Jeff will meet up in week 1 at Wiegleb Stadium. Not gonna lie . Pretty excited about this Floyd Central team. They actually have size for a change. And some high level recruits.

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

With Floyd Central unable to play Male in week 1 and Jeffersonville unable to play Fern Creek in week 1 due to Kentucky sanctions, FC and Jeff will meet up in week 1 at Wiegleb Stadium. Not gonna lie . Pretty excited about this Floyd Central team. They actually have size for a change. And some high level recruits.

Will they play Jeff again week 5? Or try to pick up someone else?

Projected conference standings Top 3. 

1. East (no surprise, the boys have been living in the gym and Parks/McDonald are going to be a handful) 

2. Floyd ( they will be a good team, the issue that they have always had is line play. I expect them to handle everyone except East this year). They always have great athletes but Wright and Co never can get going when the lines are getting blown up.

3. Seymour (They gave East a scare last year in that miserable cold and rainy game) 

8 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Projected conference standings Top 3. 

1. East (no surprise, the boys have been living in the gym and Parks/McDonald are going to be a handful) 

2. Floyd ( they will be a good team, the issue that they have always had is line play. I expect them to handle everyone except East this year). They always have great athletes but Wright and Co never can get going when the lines are getting blown up.

3. Seymour (They gave East a scare last year in that miserable cold and rainy game) 

Well, I’m not predicting a win over East or anything. But I can guarantee you that their lines aren’t getting blown up this year. 

On 7/30/2020 at 7:10 AM, Fkfootball said:

Well, I’m not predicting a win over East or anything. But I can guarantee you that their lines aren’t getting blown up this year. 

We will see. I’ve heard it a million times that it’s Floyd’s year. East is proven and until they are beaten I’m taking East by 14+. Wright might have had 9 carries for 14 yards against East last year. He caught a swing pass against the subs last year and did take it to the house (he has obvious speed). 

East is eventually going to lose, nothing last for ever. I’m surprised it’s almost been 15 years since they last lost a conference game with 99% of them being over midway thru the 2nd quarter. 

Edited by Olympian06

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

We will see. I’ve heard it a million times that it’s Floyd’s year. East is proven and until they are beaten I’m taking East by 14+. Wright might have had 9 carries for 14 yards against East last year. He caught a swing pass against the subs last year and did take it to the house (he has obvious speed). 

East is eventually going to lose, nothing last for ever. I’m surprised it’s almost been 15 years since they last lost a conference game with 99% of them being over midway thru the 2nd quarter. 

I’m not saying it’s “Floyds year.” Or, “we are definitely beating East!” Nothing crazy like that. But they definitely have a tremendous offensive line this year. Zen Michalski is a Mr Football Candidate(Louisville Commit, went from 230 pounds to 285 pounds.) We play Cincinnati Elder pretty early, so that will be a good barometer of whether they can compete with East.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

That is not a shot at Floyd.. I do think it will be Floyd, BNL or Seymour that eventually ends the streak.. 

I never thought you were taking a shot. You’re not saying anything that isn’t true. I love the team we have up here this year, I feel it’s the best we have had overall in 20 years, but will it be enough to hang with East, we won’t know untill October. To be honest, I really don’t even know enough about the other conference teams right now to make any kind of predictions.

Edited by Fkfootball

HHC Predictions based on my very limited current knowledge.

1. East-They have to be put here untill someone usurps them. McDonald is a beast of a Running Back and could be the league MVP.

2. FC-Should be clear cut favorite as the 2nd best team and program in the HHC. Behind Wright, Polk, Michalski, Quenichet and others, FC should be solid on both sides of the ball.

3. New Albany-I’m going with our friends to south. They have some really good young weapons a year older like Winford and Johnson and Coach Cooley can dial up some good Offensive stuff.

4. Seymour-They just find their way into this spot every year.

5. BNL-Big fan of coach Weber. Just don’t think they have the horses right now.

6. Jeffersonville-Were not very good last year. And lost a lot of Seniors. With almost 2500 students. You always wonder when the breakout will come.

7. Jennings County-The played decent last season. Lost a really good QB. I actually feel they have better days ahead.

8. Madison-There is a reason they want out of this Conference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Who has what scrimmages this weekend. East has Martinsville tomorrow morning 

Canceled Scrimmages
Silver Creek at Seymour

Friday Scrimmages 
Jennings County at Brownstown Central 

BNL at Mitchell

Saturday Scrimmages 
Martinsville at Columbus East 
Floyd Central at Madison 
Jeffersonville at Whiteland 
New Albany at East Central

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Fun to see live football today at East.  A little sloppy but some encouraging things were seen. Defense looked ahead of offense today.  Lots of pre snap penalties.  Need to clean it up next week 

Hopefully they improve before the Whiteland game. The Warriors are always really tough.

Hoping I’ll be able to get to some games this year. Depends on the COVID situation obviously.

Whiteland will be stout. Offense will have to move the ball better to control some possession time. Corners looked a bit suspect today but front half and safeties looked good.  Offense just looked unorganized with so many motion and illegal formation penalties 

Edited by Fogertyputmein