Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Just now, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central was awful in basketball for like 15 years and hired Todd Sturgeon and now they have a top 10 program in the state. They had a decent football program under Brian Glesing but I think they’re going to another level under coach Bragg and his staff. Coaching matters as long as the kids will listen to it. We have good kids at FC. They have good kids in Columbus.

You also have a D1 type of quarterback, a D1 running back, and a big D1 offensive lineman.  Did Bragg develop them or did he inherit tremendous athletes.  

4 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

To some extent but talent is talent. Athletic ability and size goes a tremendous way in high school.  I would argue coaches teach discipline and respect for the game but if you don’t have enough athletes and size you cannot win consistently. Can not convince me otherwise 

Multiple coaches win without "enough" athletes and especially size, regularly. I'm trying to convince you of anything. 

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central was awful in basketball for like 15 years and hired Todd Sturgeon and now they have a top 10 program in the state. They had a decent football program under Brian Glesing but I think they’re going to another level under coach Bragg and his staff. Coaching matters as long as the kids will listen to it. We have good kids at FC. They have good kids in Columbus.

Yep. Sturgeon is fantastic. 

Edited by btownqbcoach

4 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

You also have a D1 type of quarterback, a D1 running back, and a big D1 offensive lineman.  Did Bragg develop them or did he inherit tremendous athletes.  

I think it’s both. Yes Tristan Polk, Wenkers Wright, and Zen Michalski are very athletic, very talented, and very HARD WORKING, kids. But coach Bragg is a really good Head Coach. And looking at the guys he has on staff, I’d say they’re pretty good themselves. It takes coaching, talent, and hard work, to win football games. That formula hasn’t changed in 50 years.

• Like 1

This weeks matchups.

Jeffersonville vs Seymour- I like the Owls in this one at home. Jeffersonville is pretty bad and we know Seymour will at least play hard. Seymour by a score of 21-7.

BNL vs Bloomington North-My upset pick of the week. I like coach Weber and I feel like BNL gets a signature win at home every year. This will be the one. Stars by a score of 27-21.

East vs North-This is a big one. I think East gets back on track and gets McDonald going in this game. East scores with 30 seconds left to take the lead. East wins by a score of 21-14.

South Dearborn vs Madison-SD put almost 40 on Seymour. I’m cheering for Madison but I’m going with SD by a score of 35-21.

Jennings County vs Brown County-Brown County is 1-0. I don’t think either team is good but Brown County probably wins this one. BC by a score of 28-14.

New Albany vs Eastern Hancock-Trap game for NA. Playing at Eastern Hancock the #13 team in 2A. EH is no slouch. They won their conference last year. The Dogs look very much improved and I think they get this one in a nail biter. NA by a score of 34-28.

Floyd Central vs Providence-The last matchup between what used to be a Heated Rivalry. The Highlanders are at home. I predict a big game from Tristan Polk and Floyds very solid defense. Highlanders roll here 42-14.

33 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

This weeks matchups.

Jeffersonville vs Seymour- I like the Owls in this one at home. Jeffersonville is pretty bad and we know Seymour will at least play hard. Seymour by a score of 21-7.

BNL vs Bloomington North-My upset pick of the week. I like coach Weber and I feel like BNL gets a signature win at home every year. This will be the one. Stars by a score of 27-21.

East vs North-This is a big one. I think East gets back on track and gets McDonald going in this game. East scores with 30 seconds left to take the lead. East wins by a score of 21-14.

South Dearborn vs Madison-SD put almost 40 on Seymour. I’m cheering for Madison but I’m going with SD by a score of 35-21.

Jennings County vs Brown County-Brown County is 1-0. I don’t think either team is good but Brown County probably wins this one. BC by a score of 28-14.

New Albany vs Eastern Hancock-Trap game for NA. Playing at Eastern Hancock the #13 team in 2A. EH is no slouch. They won their conference last year. The Dogs look very much improved and I think they get this one in a nail biter. NA by a score of 34-28.

Floyd Central vs Providence-The last matchup between what used to be a Heated Rivalry. The Highlanders are at home. I predict a big game from Tristan Polk and Floyds very solid defense. Highlanders roll here 42-14.

I don’t think East wins this game.  May start 0-3 for the first time in who knows how long.  I also think Huffman has another big game and East struggles to establish the run due to inability to throw consistently. 

Edited by Fogertyputmein

22 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I don’t think East wins this game.  May start 0-3 for the first time in who knows how long.  I also think Huffman has another big game and East struggles to establish the run due to inability to throw consistently. 

I hear you. That was just my prediction.

2 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Gaddis’ first two seasons (2001 & 2002)  at East were the last time East started a season 0-3.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Mad props for EH picking up this game. EH has not seen the athletes NA brings. The trip home will be a lot shorter than the trip up there.

For the NA fans making the trip.......right before you fall off the edge of the Earth, the school will be right there. Should be dining in Greenfield right off 70.

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Mad props for EH picking up this game. EH has not seen the athletes NA brings. The trip home will be a lot shorter than the trip up there.

For the NA fans making the trip.......right before you fall off the edge of the Earth, the school will be right there. Should be dining in Greenfield right off 70.

Mozzi Pizza

• Like 1

Frozen -- I will disagree with you on one just for fun. I don't know what kind of team South Dearborn is, but I think Jeff should have the upper hand on Seymour as a result. As is often the case, I would not be surprised if it went the other way, though. 

Bloomington North at BNL

Columbus East at Columbus North

Jeffersonville at Seymour

Jennings County at Brown County

New Albany at Eastern Hancock

Providence at Floyd Central 

South Dearborn at Madison 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Frozen -- I will disagree with you on one just for fun. I don't know what kind of team South Dearborn is, but I think Jeff should have the upper hand on Seymour as a result. As is often the case, I would not be surprised if it went the other way, though. 

Bloomington North at BNL

Columbus East at Columbus North

Jeffersonville at Seymour

Jennings County at Brown County

New Albany at Eastern Hancock

Providence at Floyd Central 

South Dearborn at Madison 

Jeffersonville is SOOO down right now. They lost their starting QB before the season. Their defense offered a little bit of resistance against Wenkers Wright. But their offense is a mess. They looked way out of sync. I just felt the Owls would win at home. One thing you can always say about Seymour, is that they will play their ***es off.

FC is ranked #7 in 5A now. Assuming they can beat Providence and NA, and possibly upset Cincinnati Elder next week. I wonder how high they could be ranked coming into the game at home vs East? Could that possibly be the most hyped up game that East has had vs a HHC team since 2006? I’m still not sure how FC would matchup with them, but hype wise, it could be large. It’s a shame we can’t pack the stadium with FC and East fans.

24 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Jeffersonville is SOOO down right now. They lost their starting QB before the season. Their defense offered a little bit of resistance against Wenkers Wright. But their offense is a mess. They looked way out of sync. I just felt the Owls would win at home. One thing you can always say about Seymour, is that they will play their ***es off.

Seymour is being coached by Tyson Moore who graduated from Columbus East in 2011. Played for Bob Gaddis and is the son of Center Grove’s head coach, Eric Moore. I know he’s only 27 but I feel like he knows what it takes to build a winning program. Seymour could be a threat in the HHC if he sticks around.

34 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

FC is ranked #7 in 5A now. Assuming they can beat Providence and NA, and possibly upset Cincinnati Elder next week. I wonder how high they could be ranked coming into the game at home vs East? Could that possibly be the most hyped up game that East has had vs a HHC team since 2006? I’m still not sure how FC would matchup with them, but hype wise, it could be large. It’s a shame we can’t pack the stadium with FC and East fans.

You need to come down out of the clouds.  Upset Elder in The Pit?  Ask Cathedral how easy that is. You will be lucky to stay within 3 touchdowns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

You need to come down out of the clouds.  Upset Elder in The Pit?  Ask Cathedral how easy that is. You will be lucky to stay within 3 touchdowns.

You might be correct. That’s why I used the word “upset.” Elder is a powerhouse no doubt. But I’ve heard from some people that they’re “down” this year. It’s a tough challenge definitely. It would be one of the best wins in our schools history.

Curious to know what you guys think. 

With Madison leaving the conference at the end of the school year, would you guys want the conference to remain at seven teams or return to eight teams? Or would you get even crazier and want to shoot for nine or ten teams? I know the SIAC and SAC each have ten members and play a conference-only schedule in the regular season.

Please don’t post anything about the teams or schools that should or shouldn’t join the conference. We’ve already discussed that a million times. I just want to know how many teams you think should be in the conference. 

6 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m kind of leaning that way too. I like the freedom of scheduling a third non-conference opponent.

It also allows for games within the conference to be moved easier. Imagine if the Jeff/FC game was moved to Week 1 permanently. They now have three dates after Week 1 to use for non-con games.