Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I don’t think he gets down off the hill very often or understand there’s a whole world playing Football out there.

I’m not exactly sure what I said that was so wrong? I said “possibly upset Elder.” Everything is a possibility. Is it likely? I mean if the chances are 0 then they should keep the busses parked next week. You either hate me or you hate FC. Because your take is horrible. I am well aware of who Cincinnati Elder is and their Head Coach Doug Ramsey.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Stick with seven. 

Agreed because of what Tundra said. 

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

It also allows for games within the conference to be moved easier. Imagine if the Jeff/FC game was moved to Week 1 permanently. They now have three dates after Week 1 to use for non-con games. 

In a typical year, scheduling out of conference games will be much easier the first few weeks of the season because that is when most teams have open dates, including bordering states. Obviously, we had a wrench thrown in that this year, but generally that will be much easier weeks 1-3. 

On 8/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central vs Providence-The last matchup between what used to be a Heated Rivalry. The Highlanders are at home. I predict a big game from Tristan Polk and Floyds very solid defense. Highlanders roll here 42-14.

Why are they not continuing the rivalry game and who will FC pick up instead? 

4 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

It also allows for games within the conference to be moved easier. Imagine if the Jeff/FC game was moved to Week 1 permanently. They now have three dates after Week 1 to use for non-con games. 

I’d like your comment but I’ve apparently used up my small quota of those for the day 🙄

Just now, boilerfan87 said:

Agreed because of what Tundra said. 

In a typical year, scheduling out of conference games will be much easier the first few weeks of the season because that is when most teams have open dates, including bordering states. Obviously, we had a wrench thrown in that this year, but generally that will be much easier weeks 1-3. 

Why are they not continuing the rivalry game and who will FC pick up instead? 

I haven’t heard much about that. Coach Bragg said it was a mutual decision to part ways. 

44 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Curious to know what you guys think. 

With Madison leaving the conference at the end of the school year, would you guys want the conference to remain at seven teams or return to eight teams? Or would you get even crazier and want to shoot for nine or ten teams? I know the SIAC and SAC each have ten members and play a conference-only schedule in the regular season.

Please don’t post anything about the teams or schools that should or shouldn’t join the conference. We’ve already discussed that a million times. I just want to know how many teams you think should be in the conference. 

I would prefer at least 8. I do like having the rivalry game and maybe another to prepare for conference. 

Edited by Fogertyputmein

30 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

In a typical year, scheduling out of conference games will be much easier the first few weeks of the season because that is when most teams have open dates, including bordering states.

The SIAC moved all of their non-con games to Weeks 1 and 2 awhile ago- Memorial and Mater Dei ended up having to play each other in Week 2 because they couldn't find opponents. 

17 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

The SIAC moved all of their non-con games to Weeks 1 and 2 awhile ago- Memorial and Mater Dei ended up having to play each other in Week 2 because they couldn't find opponents. 

They’re a ten team conference now so they no longer play non-conference games

5 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

What do you mean by that?

The SIAC expanded because the Big 8 was going to collapse, and the Big 8 was going to collapse because Mt. Carmel was going to withdraw. Mt Carmel was going to withdraw because Illinois was going to change their playoff format. 

Illinois didn't change their playoff format- the plan was scrapped. 

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I’m not exactly sure what I said that was so wrong? I said “possibly upset Elder.” Everything is a possibility. Is it likely? I mean if the chances are 0 then they should keep the busses parked next week. You either hate me or you hate FC. Because your take is horrible. I am well aware of who Cincinnati Elder is and their Head Coach Doug Ramsey.

I don’t hate you or FC. I meant exactly what I said, much like most fans you see your team and whoever they play on any given Friday night. As I said, there’s a whole world out there playing Football. Mad props to FC for picking them up. I’m quite familiar with the GCL, worked many games with their teams.

6 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Ha! No hate.  In fact, to answer your premise, if you do make it through Elder, then FC will be ranked in the top 3, along with New Pal and Cathedral. It will be an experience either way, so parking the buses should never be an option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Ha! No hate.  In fact, to answer your premise, if you do make it through Elder, then FC will be ranked in the top 3, along with New Pal and Cathedral. It will be an experience either way, so parking the buses should never be an option.

I was talking about Impartial Observer. That guy has always had it out for me. I’m not expecting FC to win at Elder. I’ve heard they are a little down so I’m hoping for a competitive game. I haven’t said anything ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I was talking about Impartial Observer. That guy has always had it out for me. I’m not expecting FC to win at Elder. I’ve heard they are a little down so I’m hoping for a competitive game. I haven’t said anything ridiculous.

???

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

No. He just calls you on your blatant homerism and unrealistic, outlandish statements. 

• Like 4
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

If they are "a little down" then you may be only 21 points shy.

13 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

No. He just calls you on your blatant homerism and unrealistic, outlandish statements. 

Being a fan of your school isnt “homerism.” What exactly have I said that was unrealistic or outlandish? Nothing. Notta.

10 hours ago, Staxawax said:

If they are "a little down" then you may be only 21 points shy.

I have no idea man? I’ve never seen them play a game and I have no idea what their current team looks like. I do know that Peyton Ramsey’s brother is their QB and that’s probably not good for their opponents if he’s anything like his brother.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I will never apologize to any of you, for being an optimistic fan. It beats the alternative.

Nah it ain’t that...you are just a reflection of the entire fan base at Floyd so we take it out on you. 

BNL will have 3 starters out tomorrow night as a COVID precaution for close proximity to a confirmed case. 🙄

Also starting center out for the next 4 weeks as well. 

Going to be difficult with 4 Freshmen staring tomorrow night. 

5 hours ago, starbacker said:

Nah it ain’t that...you are just a reflection of the entire fan base at Floyd so we take it out on you. 

BNL will have 3 starters out tomorrow night as a COVID precaution for close proximity to a confirmed case. 🙄

Also starting center out for the next 4 weeks as well. 

Going to be difficult with 4 Freshmen staring tomorrow night. 

Haha. Man we are known for being a pretty friendly and hospitable fanbase. I’ve been to every football and basketball venue in the HHC and I’ve never had an issue. I’m pretty complimentary of my school, all the other schools, and all coaching staffs. Because I believe we “might” be able to hang around with 1 or 2 of the better teams on the schedule, doesn’t make me an asshole. Sorry, not sorry.

Edited by Fkfootball

Bloomington North at BNL

Columbus East at Columbus North

Jeffersonville at Seymour

Jennings County at Brown County

New Albany at Eastern Hancock

Providence at Floyd Central 

South Dearborn at Madison 

I truly don't think East will win, but I just can't pick against them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Haha. Man we are known for being a pretty friendly and hospitable fanbase. I’ve been to every football and basketball venue in the HHC and I’ve never had an issue. I’m pretty complimentary of my school, all the other schools, and all coaching staffs. Because I believe we “might” be able to hang around with 1 or 2 of the better teams on the schedule, doesn’t make me an asshole. Sorry, not sorry.

I’ve never had an issue with any fan base in the HHC. I do enjoy you thinking that every year FC is going to challenge East. 

THIS IS THE YEAR!!!

Sincerely I just enjoy picking on you and hope for a healthy year and the opportunity for these young men to get to play.  I root against no high school kid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, starbacker said:

I’ve never had an issue with any fan base in the HHC. I do enjoy you thinking that every year FC is going to challenge East. 

THIS IS THE YEAR!!!

Sincerely I just enjoy picking on you and hope for a healthy year and the opportunity for these young men to get to play.  I root against no high school kid. 

I never really pick us to beat East. But usually being the 2nd best team in the conference, if we can’t challenge them, then who could?

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1