Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Madison. Here is a little blurb about them.

Virtually everything that could go wrong for Madison did on Friday, a comedy of errors that took the Cubs from what could have been their first win of the season to an embarrassing blowout loss.

There were interceptions (three of them) and fumbles (three more), a blocked punt returned for a touchdown and another botched snap on a punt that ended with a safety. Four unsportsmanlike penalties and 120 yards in penalties were just the icing on the cake. About the only thing that went right for Madison was when officials mercifully decided, on the last play of the game, to wipe a second safety off the board.

Im not trying to be harsh here. But this doesn’t seem like a team that is well coached. I mean, I know they have a shortage of talent and have for a while, but you would think Madison could find a coach that can teach fundamentals. I thought after week 1 they would be improved but it seems they’re going backwards. I know they’re leaving the HHC, but does it matter? They can’t hardly beat anyone. You would think they could find a good 1-A coach or something that would come there. Heck, I’m sure East has some Assistants that would do better there.

10 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Im not trying to be harsh here. But this doesn’t seem like a team that is well coached. I mean, I know they have a shortage of talent and have for a while, but you would think Madison could find a coach that can teach fundamentals. I thought after week 1 they would be improved but it seems they’re going backwards. I know they’re leaving the HHC, but does it matter? They can’t hardly beat anyone. You would think they could find a good 1-A coach or something that would come there. Heck, I’m sure East has some Assistants that would do better there.

This is where I have issues, you have no clue what you're talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Kill me now 1

Madison has very little history to speak of in football. During the last coaching search, the applicant pool was very limited. Given its history and at the time, status in the HHC, there wasn't much to be desired about the position. Coach Wilson was very qualified for the position. He has one year and a few games under his belt as an HC. Turning around a program doesn't happen over night, nor does it happen in less than two years. Once they leave the HHC, they will have some more opportunities for competition on their level and you can judge the program in year 4-5. Give it time. 

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

Madison has very little history to speak of in football. During the last coaching search, the applicant pool was very limited. Given its history and at the time, status in the HHC, there wasn't much to be desired about the position. Coach Wilson was very qualified for the position. He has one year and a few games under his belt as an HC. Turning around a program doesn't happen over night, nor does it happen in less than two years. Once they leave the HHC, they will have some more opportunities for competition on their level and you can judge the program in year 4-5. Give it time. 

Fair points indeed. It’s definitely not a shot at them. I would just personally like to see them do better. Communities like that could benefit from a good HS Football team.

11 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

It’s definitely not a shot at them.

But this doesn’t seem like a team that is well coached. 

“but you would think Madison could find acoach that can teach fundamentals.”

You would think they could find a good 1-A coach or something that would come there.”

I’m no English major but I’d say those are shots at them. Coach Wilson was a coordinator at an HHC school prior to being name HC at Madison. He’s a young coach, never been a HC, he’s growing as a coach and learning on the fly at being a HC. Madison has socio-economic issues that other schools in the HHC don’t have. Regardless of your shots, I have seen some good things from Coach Wilson. That may not necessarily translate to wins at this point, but wins are not necessarily the sole measuring stick of HS coaches.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Ultimately, as this is Madison's last year in the HHC, does their performance matter?

8 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Ultimately, as this is Madison's last year in the HHC, does their performance matter?

I think this is completely an opinion type of response, but I would say yes. Being competitive this year can provide a positive momentum boost for the program going forward. Plus, they will still play at least Jennings and Seymour going forward.  Maybe even BNL. I am not positive. So it's not like they won't see some of these teams again. I am not for certain about Mitchell, SD or Paoli. 

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Fair points indeed. It’s definitely not a shot at them. I would just personally like to see them do better. Communities like that could benefit from a good HS Football team.

And herein lies the issue Impartial_Observer, et al have with you. You make a statement, then when called upon it, walk it back. It was a shot. A direct one. It's completely unnecessary and does no good. Do you not think that program wants to be better and do well for its community? Of course it does. Not everyone can win. When you have a near full conference slate, someone will be at the bottom of it. Always. Since they will be an independent in the future, they will have some more opportunities than they have previously. 

2 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

And herein lies the issue Impartial_Observer, et al have with you. You make a statement, then when called upon it, walk it back. It was a shot. A direct one. It's completely unnecessary and does no good. Do you not think that program wants to be better and do well for its community? Of course it does. Not everyone can win. When you have a near full conference slate, someone will be at the bottom of it. Always. Since they will be an independent in the future, they will have some more opportunities than they have previously. 

It was also absurd to ask if their performance mattered or not

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

I will say it once more so it sinks in. I was not trying to criticize them. I was discussing their current football situation.

1 minute ago, Fkfootball said:

I will say it once more so it sinks in. I was not trying to criticize them. I was discussing their current football situation.

It is also possible, that perhaps I read someone else’s opinion and change my opinions. That happens in life. You obviously know what you’re talking about.

Before @Fogertyputmein rips my head off lol, the East defense outside of penalties has been good. Defensive penalties killed East in field position some tonight. 

Jeff is 5-12 for 24 yards in the air, 20 carries for 54 yards. 78 total yards.

Columbus East is 1-3 for 7 yards in the air, 25 carries for 348 yards. 355 total yards.

Don’t expect East to score much more this game, a lot of new faces will get some playing time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central 42

New Albany 13

Half

I am extremely disappointed. I expected this to be a heck of a game. I’m going to be polite about this. Floyd is just a mile ahead of their rival.

I don’t think many expected this to be a game. New Albany hasn’t been able to stop anyone this year with the D they have. They almost lost to a 2A school a few weeks ago. I think they gave up 45+ to them lol. 

• Like 1