Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

20 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

Trust me they saw it and I didn’t tell them.  Parker is looking for you😂

Good good, the point got across. Best player saw the message. I’m sure it got delivered. Chase alright? Saw he went down in the 3rd I believe it was. Hopefully just a cramp 

2 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Good good, the point got across. Best player saw the message. I’m sure it got delivered. Chase alright? Saw he went down in the 3rd I believe it was. Hopefully just a cramp 

Cramp he recovered the fumble down near the goal line after that. All good. Good win.  Gotta take care of business from here. Agree with your comment about my alma mater.  CG.  Lord. 

• Like 1

Week 7

Bedford NL at Columbus East 

Jennings County at Floyd Central 

Madison at Jeffersonville

New Albany at Seymour 

I think Madison/Jeff and NA/Seymour are both tough calls this week. Madison has found their offense and Seymour has improved as well, with both Jeff and NA riding losing streaks. 

36 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Week 7

Bedford NL at Columbus East 

Jennings County at Floyd Central 

Madison at Jeffersonville

New Albany at Seymour 

I think Madison/Jeff and NA/Seymour are both tough calls this week. Madison has found their offense and Seymour has improved as well, with both Jeff and NA riding losing streaks. 

Completely agree with everything said here. Same picks. Same analysis.

• Like 1

I think one thing that gets lost in all this, hopefully by week 7 teams have been steadily improving. Perhaps we don't really see that watching the home team every week and whoever they may be playing. We had a pretty good team Friday night, we also had them week 2. From week 2 to week 6 they had gotten a LOT better in my opinion. They won both games, played a lot better opponent in week 2, but still you can tell, they're much crisper, block a little better, tackle a little better, everything is just sharper. 

Best of luck to everyone in week 7, we're in the home stretch, I never figured we'd have gotten this far. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I think one thing that gets lost in all this, hopefully by week 7 teams have been steadily improving. Perhaps we don't really see that watching the home team every week and whoever they may be playing. We had a pretty good team Friday night, we also had them week 2. From week 2 to week 6 they had gotten a LOT better in my opinion. They won both games, played a lot better opponent in week 2, but still you can tell, they're much crisper, block a little better, tackle a little better, everything is just sharper. 

Best of luck to everyone in week 7, we're in the home stretch, I never figured we'd have gotten this far. 

HHC game or were you outside of the HHC? I could never be an official lol. 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Only HHC team we had/have all season is Seymour week 1. Seem to be touring the MSC and EIAC this season, with some CI, SIAC, and Circle City mixed in. Come tournament time who knows.

Do you have a favorite stadium to officiate in? If so, what is it and what makes it so great?

7 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Do you have a favorite stadium to officiate in? If so, what is it and what makes it so great?

Never really thought much about that, always enjoy going places that take care of the stripes, some really seem to take pride in it. What can I say, most officials are prima donnas, a program, a clean towel, some water, a candy bar, something to eat after the game are really appreciated. As I said some schools really take pride in this, some schools clearly view us as a necessary evil, and don’t put much effort into it. 

As far as stadiums, in no particular order:

East Central

Roncalli

Enlow Field

CG

Linton

Heritage Hills

New Albany

Gibson Southern

Jasper, though I miss the pregame pop in from Coach Brewer in the locker room. 

***Reitz Bowl*** has been on my bucket list, we were suppose to be there this year, but a software glitch screwed the pooch, we will be there next year.

Brownstown can be fun for big games with the crowd on Elm Street. 

I like different stadiums for different reasons, some are just cool stadiums, some have a very football savvy crowd, some have a big crowd regardless of the game. Nothing more fun for me than a tournament game or a big rivalry game with full stands, temp bleachers, and stacked about 3 deep all around the track. Friday nights are fun for me regardless of where we are or what game we’re doing, but some do have a cherry on top.

Working at larger venues does have a novelty, but the novelty wears off quickly for me. Game times are off, it’s not on the schools’s campus, and you’re kinda left to fend for yourself. LOS isn’t bad, but you need three goats and a Sherpa to get to the dressing room. RCA was probably my fave as far as working the game. The old Cardinal Stadium at the Fairgrounds in Louisville was a dump with a horrible surface. Our dressing room was thru the first base dugout, and as soon as you walked out the door you were literally in livestock stalls. 

• Like 1

Some of you probably already realized this but we’ll be getting brand new conference schedules starting next year. Games will be reordered once again and all nine weeks of the regular season will contain at least one HHC team playing a non-conference game. It’ll be interesting to see how each team fills in those open weeks. We could be seeing matchups we’ve either never seen before or matchups we haven’t seen in a long time. On the flip side, I wonder if teams might struggle finding an opponent for those open weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

Games will be reordered once again and all nine weeks of the regular season will contain at least one HHC team playing a non-conference game. It’ll be interesting to see how each team fills in those open weeks. We could be seeing matchups we’ve either never seen before or matchups we haven’t seen in a long time.

22bb8b66c56032af16c3980beac59294368c1a0f.jpeg