Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Week 8

Floyd Central at Bedford NL-The Veteran Highlanders taking on the youthful Stars. I think this game will be much closer than expected. BNL up there can be tricky. Hopefully it doesn’t rain. I’ll say Highlanders 28-14.

Jeffersonville at Jennings County-The Red Devils have been able to beat really bad teams. And the Panthers are a really bad team. If there is one HHC team I want to really improve, it’s JC. I like that area. I’ve got the Red Devils by a score of 42-7.

New Albany at Madison-The Dogs can score. And the Cubs are better. It will be a game of pay dirt. But NA at home, with their speed will be too much. I’ve got the Dogs by a score of 37-28.

Seymour at Columbus East-The Owls continue to get better. Unfortunately, so do the Gaddis led Olympians which should be expected by now. The 2nd best team in the conference lost by 4 TDs at home to East. This one won’t be close either. The Os by a score of 45-0.

Floyd by 28-35 (Floyd is a very good team) 

Jeff by a lot 

New Albany squeaks by.

CE by 35 (Gaddis won’t full throttle an ex player) 

For those who haven’t seen it yet, here are the sectional brackets for all eight HHC teams.

Initial thoughts: For 6A sectional 8, I’m really glad East drew Franklin Central. This is our last year in 6A and I really wanted to play Franklin Central before moving back down to 5A. East played Franklin Central the first four years East was in existence and lost all four games. The last game was in 1975.

For 5A sectional 16, it looks like we’re getting a third Floyd Central vs Jeffersonville matchup. I wonder when the last time is that two teams in the state have met three times in one season. Also, if we’re going by record, this sectional looks like it aligns with how it would’ve been seeded. We’ll know for sure after the week 9 matchup between Jeff and BNL.

For 4A sectional 23, this is a perfect example of why I hate the blind draw. You have three of the top ten 4A teams in the state in this sectional (according to the coaches poll) and all three of them are on the same side of the bracket. One of the toughest sectionals in the state and the championship game will likely be a beat down.

AA825D0B-EC9A-4D81-8557-DF479C39C9D7.jpeg

82C31EB3-5B6B-471E-B69C-1EC30FFC06F7.jpeg

D17F2DE9-F669-4CF5-AE40-2E4EEEE6E782.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

For those who haven’t seen it yet, here are the sectional brackets for all eight HHC teams.

Initial thoughts: For 6A sectional 8, I’m really glad East drew Franklin Central. This is our last year in 6A and I really wanted to play Franklin Central before moving back down to 5A. East played Franklin Central the first four years East was in existence and lost all four games. The last game was in 1975.

For 5A sectional 16, it looks like we’re getting a third Floyd Central vs Jeffersonville matchup. I wonder when the last time is that two teams in the state have met three times in one season. Also, if we’re going by record, this sectional looks like it aligns with how it would’ve been seeded. We’ll know for sure after the week 9 matchup between Jeff and BNL.

For 4A sectional 23, this is a perfect example of why I hate the blind draw. You have three of the top ten 4A teams in the state in this sectional (according to the coaches poll) and all three of them are on the same side of the bracket. One of the toughest sectionals in the state and the championship game will likely be a beat down.

Whoops. Forgot about Seymour and their sectional. For 5A sectional 14, couldn’t have worked out more perfectly. If you had to seed the bracket, these are the matchups you’d get.

1CF67C3F-88F0-46A1-98CC-122818AA0B68.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Do you guys think they’ll put East in the Sectional next year with the other HHC teams? 

31 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Do you guys think they’ll put East in the Sectional next year with the other HHC teams? 

That’s really tough to say right now because we don’t know the new enrollment numbers yet and we don’t know how the success factor will play into it. Teams will be moving up and down and that’ll have an effect on sectional alignments.

Seymour is an absolute mess. Offense is basically run, just throw a pass downfield, throw another pass downfield. I don’t believe they got a first down in the first half outside of East giving them first downs on penalties. 

Columbus East - 56

Seymour - 0

Halftime

East defense has 3 INT’s and 2 fumble recoveries in the first half. 

FC/BNL recap. 

My first trip back to BNL in several years. Really nice weather. The stadium looked good. Friendly people as always. Bedford is one of the more enjoyable road trips. I thought BNL hung in at times. They’re definitely young and undersized. But they moved the ball at times. I really like their QB Brye Lewis. He needs to trust his arm more but he can really scramble and get yards. He’ll be hard to deal with as a Senior. They have a pretty good WR as well. Offensively for FC, they did whatever they wanted. 220 yards for Wenkers Wright and 174 yards passing for Tristan Polk. Wright was really good in this game and almost broke some long house calls. Good win for the Highlanders with Seymour and a Favorable Sectional coming up with a really good chance to host a Regional game.

14 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Week 9

Columbus East at Madison 

Jeffersonville at Bedford NL 

New Albany at Jennings County 

Seymour at Floyd Central 

Only toss up this week looks to be Jeff/BNL. 

Yeah I’m going to have to agree with all four picks once again. I’d like to take BNL but they have really struggled to find the offense the last four weeks. I believe most of the points they scored were against back-ups. Throw in the fact they’re a physically smaller team and that doesn’t bode very well against a team with plenty of size. I personally saw what Jeffersonville’s size did to Jennings County last week and JC is bigger than BNL.