Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I looked at it the other day. We would either be the smallest 5A or largest 4A by enrollment 

Yeah the enrollments that were put out two years ago prior to the current cycle have East at 1,475 students which is the 62nd highest in the state. When throwing the success factor into things, that puts us right on the edge of 4A and 5A depending on how many teams they plan on having in each of those classes next year. 4A currently has 62 teams and 5A oddly has 33. Not sure why 5A needs to have more than 32 when 4A has a couple of spots to fill in for a full 64 team bracket.

• Like 2

Enrollment/Classification News

We’re now in the part of the tournament where success factor points get handed out with each win. Keep an eye on these as it will have an impact on who’s in what classification next year. 6 points in a cycle moves you up a classification . If you’re already playing up, 2 points keeps you in that classification for the next two-year cycle.

6A schools

- Columbus East (0 points) will remain in 6A with a semi-state appearance. Anything short of that drops them back to 5A.

5A schools

- New Palestine (4 points) has already met the 2 point threshold required to remain in 5A. However, they can move up to 6A with a semi-state appearance.

- Fort Wayne Dwenger (2 points) has already met the 2 point threshold required to remain in 5A. However, they can move up to 6A with a state title.

- Valparaiso (3 points) can move up to 6A with a state finals appearance.

- Cathedral (1 point) can remain in 5A with a sectional title. A loss this Friday drops them back to 4A.

4A schools

- Evansville Memorial (4 points) has already met the 2 point threshold required to remain in 4A. However, they can move up to 5A with a semi-state appearance.

- East Noble (3 points) can move up to 5A with a state finals appearance.

- Hobart (2 points) can move up to 5A with a state title.

- Mount Vernon (Fortville) can move up to 5A with a state title.

As far as enrollments go, here are the schools that could move up or down a classification based on the enrollment info for the current classification cycle.

Lowest 6A enrollments (excluding Columbus East)

Warsaw 2,103

Lafayette Jeff 2,063

Columbus North 2,063

Chesterton 2,063

Zionsville 2,055

Highest 5A enrollments

Valparaiso 2,054

Jeffersonville 2,035

Fort Wayne Northrop 2,032

Harrison (West Lafayette) 1,979

Castle 1,965

Lowest 5A enrollments (excluding New Palestine, Fort Wayne Dwenger, and Cathedral)

Fort Wayne North 1,550

Seymour 1,522

Munster 1,521

Mishawaka 1,477

BNL 1,471

Highest 4A enrollments 

Huntington North 1,459

Greenfield-Central 1,453

Martinsville 1,435

Northridge 1,397

Pendleton Heights 1,383

Evansville Reitz 1,378

Mooresville 1,372

Fort Wayne Wayne 1,369

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Warsaw 2,103

Lafayette Jeff 2,063

Columbus North 2,063

Chesterton 2,063

Zionsville 2,055

Highest 5A enrollments

Valparaiso 2,054

Jeffersonville 2,035

Castle 1,965

A couple of edits to make here. 
Zionsville is actually the largest 5A school with 2,055 students. They played in 6A during the 2019 season but were dropped to 5A for the 2020 season as a result of Elkhart forming and being a much larger school. That threw me off when looking at the enrollment figures.

Also, the IHSAA messed up Fort Wayne Snyder’s classification listing. They are a 5A-sized school playing up in 6A. This list came out prior to the IHSAA’s ruling that 2 points kept you up a class rather than 3 points (which explains the error). Therefore, the 2 points total Snider got in the 2017 and 2018 seasons kept them in 6A for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. Currently, Snider has 0 points but can remain in 6A with a semi-state appearance. Anything short of that drops them back to 5A.

So frustrated.  I felt bad for Henry Hesson last Friday great senior QB and grounded by contact tracing. A great high school career coming to an end without getting to play in your final game or know that you were playing in your final game the week before. 

I could not imagine the pain of not playing because you “might” come down with COVID.  Now my least two favorite phrases “contact-tracing” and “seating charts”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Enrollment/Classification News

We’re now in the part of the tournament where success factor points get handed out with each win. Keep an eye on these as it will have an impact on who’s in what classification next year. 6 points in a cycle moves you up a classification . If you’re already playing up, 2 points keeps you in that classification for the next two-year cycle.

6A schools

- Columbus East (0 points) will remain in 6A with a semi-state appearance. Anything short of that drops them back to 5A.

5A schools

- New Palestine (4 points) has already met the 2 point threshold required to remain in 5A. However, they can move up to 6A with a semi-state appearance.

- Fort Wayne Dwenger (2 points) has already met the 2 point threshold required to remain in 5A. However, they can move up to 6A with a state title.

- Valparaiso (3 points) can move up to 6A with a state finals appearance.

- Cathedral (1 point) can remain in 5A with a sectional title. A loss this Friday drops them back to 4A.

4A schools

- Evansville Memorial (4 points) has already met the 2 point threshold required to remain in 4A. However, they can move up to 5A with a semi-state appearance.

- East Noble (3 points) can move up to 5A with a state finals appearance.

- Hobart (2 points) can move up to 5A with a state title.

- Mount Vernon (Fortville) can move up to 5A with a state title.

As far as enrollments go, here are the schools that could move up or down a classification based on the enrollment info for the current classification cycle.

Warsaw 2,103

Lafayette Jeff 2,063

Columbus North 2,063

Chesterton 2,063

Zionsville 2,055

Highest 5A enrollments

Valparaiso 2,054

Jeffersonville 2,035

Castle 1,965

Lowest 5A enrollments (excluding New Palestine, Fort Wayne Dwenger, and Cathedral)

Fort Wayne North 1,550

Seymour 1,522

Munster 1,521

Mishawaka 1,477

BNL 1,471

Highest 4A enrollments 

Huntington North 1,459

Greenfield-Central 1,453

Martinsville 1,435

Northridge 1,397

Pendleton Heights 1,383

Evansville Reitz 1,378

Mooresville 1,372

Fort Wayne Wayne 1,369

Seymour had two anomaly classes a few years back, like over 100 students larger than normal classes. That being said, younger classes are starting to come in, I would expect Seymour to stay 5A for the foreseeable future, but they could drop to 4A for one cycle. I know they are looking at several options to deal with growing enrollment, including building a new 5/6 grade building. The growth is largely Hispanic, last figure I heard was 32% of enrollment.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

So frustrated.  I felt bad for Henry Hesson last Friday great senior QB and grounded by contact tracing. A great high school career coming to an end without getting to play in your final game or know that you were playing in your final game the week before. 

I could not imagine the pain of not playing because you “might” come down with COVID.  Now my least two favorite phrases “contact-tracing” and “seating charts”. 

The fact that they nearly beat Brownsburg has to be tough. The kid is probably thinking they’d have won if he had played.