Hoosier Hills Conference

Final HHC Pick ‘Em Standings:

@boilerfan87 41/52 (.788)

@Frozen Tundra 39/52 (.750)

@mamasa 36/51 (.706)

@starbacker 33/49 (.673)

@Fkfootball 25/34 (.735)

@Olympian06 8/11 (.727)

Congrats to @boilerfan87 on another victory. Not sure if this is the second or third year in a row but I feel like you’re undefeated at this either way. Maybe we can actually give you some competition next year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Bob Gaddis has announced his retirement after 20 years at East and 42 years overall. He is the sixth winningest coach in Indiana history with a record of 330-143. As East heads into its 50th season of football, it will be looking for its third head coach.

Maybe now the rest of the conference will have a chance? 🤣

Who are we kidding? The East train will roll on no matter who they hire. I know they have some well-qualified internal candidates. 

15 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Big shoes to fill for sure. I don't have a lot of faith in Newell when it comes to sports, but really hope they get a high class replacement.

They won’t have to look far if they choose the right guy.... he stands about 6’6 and weighs close to 300lbs... (guesses on both). I’m guessing Bob will have a say in the hiring process no matter who it is 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

They won’t have to look far if they choose the right guy.... he stands about 6’6 and weighs close to 300lbs... (guesses on both). I’m guessing Bob will have a say in the hiring process no matter who it is 

Not sure it will be that guy. Probably one of the top two.  The other has been running the defense for the last several years 

47 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

They’ll hire a good coach. But who knows if he will be as good as Gaddis?

Legends are always tough to replace.  Hobart did not win a sectional for 20 years after Don Howell retired. 

Franklin Central won 4 state titles from 1980-1990 and was runner up 3 times under Chuck Stephens and has won 1 sectional since.  (Rise of Warren Central has not helped)

3 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Legends are always tough to replace.  Hobart did not win a sectional for 20 years after Don Howell retired. 

Franklin Central won 4 state titles from 1980-1990 and was runner up 3 times under Chuck Stephens and has won 1 sectional since.  (Rise of Warren Central has not helped)

Talent level will be down as well. Lost 32 Seniors. All skill mostly gone.  Defensive stars gone for the most part.  

16 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

What does Floyd have to replace and what do they return?

They lost a ton. Polk, Wright, and Michalski are the headliners. They lost Hatfield, Rodgers, and Hyatt on their O-line. That’s a lot of size. They lost Kaleb Quenichet their #1 WR that was injured. Caleb Slaughter their TE/MLB. A lot on defense. Colin Cummins. Trace Richards. Andrew Spurgeon. Trent Allen. Luke Medlock. Blake Zehnder. A few other depth guys. That’s the bad news.

The Good news is, they have some guys back I like. Zac Hutslar WR/S. Brandon Fessel OL. Jake Hausz WR. Eli Branham WR/S. Gavin Harvey DE. Max Grangier K. 
Jaxon Farley WR/DB. Walker Jacobi P/DL.

QB position is intriguing. I’m not a coach on their staff so I can’t answer any QB battle situations, but they have a kid that will be a Sophomore named Tristan Robertson that they are EXTREMELY high on. The QBs at Highland Hills are pretty well regarded too. FC should be in good shape at QB.

Not real sure about RB? They have a JR named Jace Robinson. I would say he should be in the mix. Not sure what’s coming up from JV?

I’ve heard good things about what they have coming up but obviously you can’t just graduate a class like this and bounce back easily. Some programs do. Not sure if FC is there yet? Coach Bragg and his staff will continue to build as they have been doing.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

If Miller leaves it would be the single worst loss East could have taken outside of Gaddis leaving. 

I am not sure I agree. I think Coach Hilly becomes the offensive coordinator too. Vogel has really been leading the team to a great degree over the last several years.  Don’t get me wrong. It is a great staff and Gaddis is a legend. Moving back to 5A will help East as talent will be down. 

8 hours ago, Fogertyputmein said:

I am not sure I agree. I think Coach Hilly becomes the offensive coordinator too. Vogel has really been leading the team to a great degree over the last several years.  Don’t get me wrong. It is a great staff and Gaddis is a legend. Moving back to 5A will help East as talent will be down. 

Line play pushed East over the edge when Miller came around.. both state championships were anchored by extremely high level line play. The offenses were high level running juggernauts.