Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

16 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

How often does John Harrell make errors? Does he only accept schedules from athletic directors?

I think he accepts schedules only from ADs but there are occasional errors. The football schedule for Franklin Community shows that on August 27 the Grizzly Cubs are to play both Shelbyville (who they have played since the beginning of time)  and Mount Vernon (Fortville) who they have never played.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, Payne said:

The football schedule for Franklin Community shows that on August 27 the Grizzly Cubs are to play both Shelbyville (who they have played since the beginning of time)  and Mount Vernon (Fortville) who they have never played.

Franklin's schedule shows them playing Mount Vernon-

https://widget.eventlink.com/?c=[{"i":"5fbe4ca4-8eea-4bfa-aca6-3eaffa5bdba9","t":"Football (Boys Fr)","c":"%2345D4FF","f":"%23000000"} ,{"i":"9a5b7b81-6754-4285-81e7-bda00a567fa6","t":"Football (Boys JV)","c":"%2345D4FF","f":"%23000000"} ,{"i":"a2af1a95-78b0-4b4c-8f1f-533afcc01f0e","t":"Football (Boys V)","c":"%2345D4FF","f":"%23000000"}]&t=da7ea463-4de8-4340-80bf-7a556ef62088&z=America%2FNew_York

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

2019 best frosh team I saw combined with a solid JV team. I didn’t see any Frosh/JV games in 2020. It will be interesting to see who this job attracts. Best luck to Coach Weber in his future endeavors, always liked the guy. 

15 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

His record at BNL is deceiving, since he played a significantly harder schedule than BNL played in the Szabo era. 

Floyd Central Schedule 2021

@Louisville Male

Louisville Manuel

Silver Creek

Seymour

@Jeffersonville

@Columbus East

Bedford North Lawrence

Jennings County

@New Albany

Im guessing about 5-4 or 4-5 with that schedule. Big rebuilding year. Talent will have to carry them because experience is very minimal.

Edited by Fkfootball

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central Schedule 2021

@Louisville Male

Louisville Manuel

Silver Creek

Seymour

@Jeffersonville

@Columbus East

Bedford North Lawrence

Jennings County

@New Albany

Im guessing about 5-4 or 4-5 with that schedule. Big rebuilding year. Talent will have to carry them because experience is very minimal.

We know Male is a tough out, but Dupont Manual will be as well. They only played 5 games this last year and were 3-2, but they were 9-3 the year before. Like Male, they are a premier magnet school in JCPS. We also know that New Albany returns a lot off of a very competitive team. 

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Looks like Brian Glesing took the job at Shelbyville. Boy, he’s got a lot of work to do there. @Fkfootball

Really?? He was completely out of education this last year after the Paoli situation. Good for him. He is a great coach. He definitely has a tall task ahead there. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

He’s a good program builder. In about 3 years they’ll be competitive.

If he can turn them around in only three years I’ll be extremely impressed. That program went backwards like 100 years when Patrick Parks retired after the 2017 season. They’re 1-29 since then. They squeaked out a one point win against Greenfield-Central in 2018. Other than that, they’ve lost every game by 23 or more. They scored 21 points total in 2019 and 51 points total last year. Their average loss the last three years has been by 52 points.

4 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

We know Male is a tough out, but Dupont Manual will be as well. They only played 5 games this last year and were 3-2, but they were 9-3 the year before. Like Male, they are a premier magnet school in JCPS. We also know that New Albany returns a lot off of a very competitive team. 

Really?? He was completely out of education this last year after the Paoli situation. Good for him. He is a great coach. He definitely has a tall task ahead there. 

In my personal opinion, I really dislike them playing those two particular schools. However, it isn’t up to me. I realize what playing schools like that does to prepare your team. But if that is a recurring schedule, then FC could look at several 0-2 starts. Add in the fact that they can’t even get within 2 Touchdowns of Columbus East, and the season to season records will be very modest at best. I’ve come to terms with the fact that FC has talent on par with teams in Floyd/Clark County and some surrounding counties. But they can’t compete with upper tier programs. It’s just the way it is. That’s no slight to coach Bragg and his staff because they’re highly competent, but untill that school can consistently start spitting out 6”3 300 LB lineman, it’s going to be hard to beat teams like Male and East. They had 1 stud this year but he was just 1 guy.

Edited by Fkfootball

On 1/27/2021 at 1:16 PM, billybob said:

BNL should be on the rise  Many returning starters. Coach Weber laid a solid foundation it is now time to build on that foundation. Best of luck to Coach Weber 

They have a ways to go. I wasn’t real impressed with them last season. They play extremely sloppy. Now, their QB is pretty good. He bailed them out on many occasions. 

On 1/26/2021 at 9:21 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

If he can turn them around in only three years I’ll be extremely impressed. That program went backwards like 100 years when Patrick Parks retired after the 2017 season. They’re 1-29 since then. They squeaked out a one point win against Greenfield-Central in 2018. Other than that, they’ve lost every game by 23 or more. They scored 21 points total in 2019 and 51 points total last year. Their average loss the last three years has been by 52 points.

It may take longer than 3 years. But Laville, Clarksville, and Floyd Central were a DISASTER, when he took those teams over. And by year 3, they were big winners. He’s a great “fundamentals” coach. They’ll block well. They won’t turn it over much.

57 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

They have a ways to go. I wasn’t real impressed with them last season. They play extremely sloppy. Now, their QB is pretty good. He bailed them out on many occasions. 

It may take longer than 3 years. But Laville, Clarksville, and Floyd Central were a DISASTER, when he took those teams over. And by year 3, they were big winners. He’s a great “fundamentals” coach. They’ll block well. They won’t turn it over much.

I just hope he sticks it out for more than a year this time. I don’t know what happened at Jeffersonville or Paoli, and I won’t assume anything, but I hope he and Shelbyville are a good match. 

It’ll be interesting to see if Vince Lidy is able to maintain what Mike Kirschner built up at Mount Vernon. If so, Shelbyville’s ceiling in the Hoosier Heritage Conference will be third place. If not, Shelbyville’s ceiling will be second place behind New Palestine. 

2 hours ago, starbacker said:

Concerning Steve Weber it is at least in the rumor mill that he was forced to resign as they were not going to offer him a contract for next season. Can anyone verify this?

Unless it’s actually public information, it’s probably the better course not to use the “rumor mill” as a source when referring to peoples’ jobs on the GID.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starbacker said:

Concerning Steve Weber it is at least in the rumor mill that he was forced to resign as they were not going to offer him a contract for next season. Can anyone verify this?

No, but I cannot imagine why the board would non-renew him. Weber played a significantly tougher schedule, led turf deployment at BNL Stadium, and unified the MS football programs, all of which needed to be done earlier. 

11 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I don’t know what happened at Jeffersonville or Paoli, and I won’t assume anything, but I hope he and Shelbyville are a good match. 

Some people are always looking for their next school. 

19 hours ago, Bobref said:

Unless it’s actually public information, it’s probably the better course not to use the “rumor mill” as a source when referring to peoples’ jobs on the GID.

I understand that, but he did resign as Head Coach that is certain and although Bedford is a 5A school it’s only so because of massive consolidation, it’s a small town. 

In addition there have been some very strange decisions made by the school board in the past few years (not athletically speaking) if you live in Lawrence County you would for sure know that. 

Finally, I asked that in defense of Coach Weber meaning he is a man of impeccable character and integrity.  He’s put his blood, sweat and tears into building a program in a town (school corporation) in which it’s difficult to do so. The reason is asked the question is that he’s on the cusp of a very good run with what he’s built there and I hate to see that he’s not going to be around to reap the rewards of the hard work put in by him and his staff. 

Just curious as to what happened as it doesn’t make sense and I was hoping to get an answer in a forum that has people that actually know in it instead of locals saying otherwise.

• Thanks 2