Perry Meridian

Southport

Decatur Central

Arsenal Tech (yes, them too)

Chatard

Roncalli

Brebeuf 

Guerin

This will be the New Circle City Conference.

Columbus North and BHSS will fill the spots left by Decatur Central and Perry Meridian; BHSN will go to the HHC. 

#Realigned

I really hope Terre Haute builds an East Vigo HS. I've wanted this for a VERY LONG TIME. 

Talk to some DC people.  Find out if they are unhappy in The MSC.

I thought I made it pretty clear regarding the PM-SP situation.

9 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Let's go all-in on this:

Perry Meridian

Southport

Decatur Central

Arsenal Tech (yes, them too)

Chatard

Roncalli

Brebeuf 

Guerin

This will be the New Circle City Conference.

Columbus North and BHSS will fill the spots left by Decatur Central and Perry Meridian; BHSN will go to the HHC. 

#Realigned

I really hope Terre Haute builds an East Vigo HS. I've wanted this for a VERY LONG TIME. 

This is what I believe it should be. I'd put BHSN in Mid-State though. Keep them with BHSS.

Just now, Indiana Fan said:

This is what I believe it should be. I'd put BHSN in Mid-State though. Keep them with BHSS.

However, Decatur would never leave Mid-State. Or Perry probably either. 

Just now, DanteEstonia said:

That would be a nine-team Mid-State.

I would be fine with 9. I don't think that is too big of an issue.

Just now, Indiana Fan said:

However, Decatur would never leave Mid-State. Or Perry probably either. 

You have to remember that Perry Meridian and Southport have the same school board. Madison's school board made the call to withdraw from the HHC. Perry Meridian's school board could order them to be in the same conference as Southport. 

6 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

9-team conferences are unstable. The Mid-Southern and Hoosier Crossroads both suffered during their 9-team days. 

Why is that?  Please explain.

8 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

You have to remember that Perry Meridian and Southport have the same school board. Madison's school board made the call to withdraw from the HHC. Perry Meridian's school board could order them to be in the same conference as Southport. 

Oh I 100% agree that Perry and Southport should be in the same conference. 

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

Oh I 100% agree that Perry and Southport should be in the same conference. 

They were together in Conference Indiana for 20 years

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

The non-conference opening differs every week for every team, creating scheduling problems. 

i see   makes sense

There was serious consideration and talks about 4 years ago or so about a new conference forming with Southport, Perry, FRanklin Central, New Pal. Those were the schools who were attempting to get something started. Not sure how serious or how far along they got. Franklin Central then joined the HCC and it pretty much ended all talks or plans of this.

Just now, DT said:

I see   makes sense

The Mid-Southern has an independent school, Providence, in the area, and that allowed them to fill a gap in most schedules. The Hoosier Crossroads was a 9-team conference for one year, and it produced some interesting match-ups. Since most teams in Indiana play non-conference games in Weeks 1 and 2, there are fewer teams to play as the season progresses. 

2 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

There was serious consideration and talks about 4 years ago or so about a new conference forming with Southport, Perry, FRanklin Central, New Pal. Those were the schools who were attempting to get something started. Not sure how serious or how far along they got. Franklin Central then joined the HCC and it pretty much ended all talks or plans of this.

Unfortunately, and whether deserved or not, FC. PM and SP are viewed as the poor step children of the 6A schools in the Indy area.  None of the three schools actually have the clout to pull in other schools and creatre a new conference.  Basically, they have gotten the leftovers.  PM is the last team of 8 to round out the Mid State.  Same with FC and the HCC.  Southport is the last Indy school affiliated with Conference Indiana after watching DC/LC/PIKE/PM/FC/MV  all leave   Fortunately SP has a good working relationship with the Indy PPs so the Circle City could be a possible landing ground should CI implode.

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

More realignment talks? oof 

Let's look at this another way-

Jennings County is 60% the size of Jeffersonville, the largest school in the HHC. Their neighbor and longtime rival, Madison, recently left the conference. Meanwhile, Bloomington North, a former HHC member, is in a conference that may collapse soon. What would you discuss?

14 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

The idea is to make the HHC better, not worse. 

A) I'm not sure the HHC can get "worse" as a football conference. They would certainly be competitive in mens/womens basketball and baseball. 

B) In the final Sagarin ranking for 2020 CE finished 25th, Silver Creek was 67th, ahead of FC(73) and well ahead of NA(121), Jeff(148), Seymour(171), BNL(189) and JC(244).

C) Silver Creek plays both FC and Jeff next year, so I guess we'll see if they can be competitive in football.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, Fkfootball said:

Silver Creek won’t go to the HHC. They like being the big fish in a little pond.

They've said that?

On 4/29/2021 at 2:21 PM, Dawgs_Dad said:

A) I'm not sure the HHC can get "worse" as a football conference. They would certainly be competitive in mens/womens basketball and baseball. 

B) In the final Sagarin ranking for 2020 CE finished 25th, Silver Creek was 67th, ahead of FC(73) and well ahead of NA(121), Jeff(148), Seymour(171), BNL(189) and JC(244).

C) Silver Creek plays both FC and Jeff next year, so I guess we'll see if they can be competitive in football.

SC replaced a very impressive SR class. Still have talent though.