Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

8 minutes ago, FCFBFanatic said:

If we are comparing Floyd Central Wrestling to Jennings County wrestling history please allow me to educate.  Floyd Central has 32 sectional team championships compared to Jennings 22.  Floyd has won regionals 14 times compared to Jennings 3. Floyd Central is the Team State Champion in 3A and also has been runner up.  Jennings qualified in 2016.  If you want to compare individuals Floyd Central has had 34 State place winners, 7 being State Champions, another 49 have qualified for the state tournament.  Jennings County has had 17 State place winners, 1 being a State champion, along with 22 qualifiers.  
Glad to have them and East in our conference to challenge us, but know your history.  

I wasn’t comparing FC and JC’s wresting programs, but I will consider myself an educated.  Do you feel like FC’s dominance in wrestling is superior genetics?

19 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I wasn’t comparing FC and JC’s wresting programs, but I will consider myself an educated.  Do you feel like FC’s dominance in wrestling is superior genetics?

Floyd Central is good in Wrestling because of culture and coaching.

I was only using their basketball team as a reference to identity why JC football hasn't been very good.

For the JC fans on here, I'm not someone that is cheering for you guys to not be successful in football. I'd love to see JC be competitive. This conference being competitive is a benefit to everyone. 

The point I was trying to make is that you can't always control the personnel you get in HS athletics. FC had a good football team this season. But they played a bigger and faster Evansville North team and lost. It just happens that way.

• 1 month later...

The IHSAA released the new enrollments yesterday. Figured I’d share the data as to how it pertains to Hoosier Hills Conference schools.

Jeffersonville went from 2,099 students (#29) in the last cycle to 2,141 students (#30) in the new cycle. 

Result: +42 students, -1 spot in school size rankings

Floyd Central went from 1,854 students (#43) in the last cycle to 1,823 students (#43) in the new cycle.

Result: -31 students, no change in school size rankings

New Albany went from 1,787 students (#49) in the last cycle to 1,814 students (#44) in the new cycle.

Result: +27 students, +5 spots in school size rankings 

Seymour went from 1,605 students (#55) in the last cycle to 1,719 students (#51) in the new cycle. 

Result: +114 students, +4 spots in school size rankings 

Columbus East went from 1,534 students (#61) in the last cycle to 1,518 students (#58) in the new cycle.

Result: -16 students, +3 spots in school size rankings 

BNL went from 1,397 students (#69) in the last cycle to 1,242 students (#79) in the new cycle.

Result: -155 students, -10 spots in school size rankings 

Jennings County went from 1,181 students (#84) in the last cycle to 1,169 students (#86) in the new cycle.

Result: -12 students, -2 spots in school size rankings 

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The IHSAA released the new enrollments yesterday. Figured I’d share the data as to how it pertains to Hoosier Hills Conference schools.

Jeffersonville went from 2,099 students (#29) in the last cycle to 2,141 students (#30) in the new cycle. 

Result: +42 students, -1 spot in school size rankings

Floyd Central went from 1,854 students (#43) in the last cycle to 1,823 students (#43) in the new cycle.

Result: -31 students, no change in school size rankings

New Albany went from 1,787 students (#49) in the last cycle to 1,814 students (#44) in the new cycle.

Result: +27 students, +5 spots in school size rankings 

Seymour went from 1,605 students (#55) in the last cycle to 1,719 students (#51) in the new cycle. 

Result: +114 students, +4 spots in school size rankings 

Columbus East went from 1,534 students (#61) in the last cycle to 1,518 students (#58) in the new cycle.

Result: -16 students, +3 spots in school size rankings 

BNL went from 1,397 students (#69) in the last cycle to 1,242 students (#79) in the new cycle.

Result: -155 students, -10 spots in school size rankings 

Jennings County went from 1,181 students (#84) in the last cycle to 1,169 students (#86) in the new cycle.

Result: -12 students, -2 spots in school size rankings 

The way Jeffersonville is growing, I expect them at about 2400 eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Any insight as to if Madison or Jennings County has made their hires yet? Or if they have even started interviewing? Talking to some friends in the southeastern area of the state, its been pretty quiet on their hiring fronts. 

With these new enrollments that came out, will we see the Hoosier Hills start to look differently in make up? 

6 hours ago, RetiredCoach91 said:

Any insight as to if Madison or Jennings County has made their hires yet? Or if they have even started interviewing? Talking to some friends in the southeastern area of the state, its been pretty quiet on their hiring fronts. 

With these new enrollments that came out, will we see the Hoosier Hills start to look differently in make up? 

Haven’t heard a thing about Jennings County. As for Madison, I don’t really keep up with them anymore since they’re no longer in the HHC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,  know the JC guys were getting on me a while back because they thought I was looking down on them. I've been working up in Seymour and North Vernon. Believe me, that is such a nice area. I like NV a lot. Really cool town to drive around. My only issue is that I don't know it very well and I didn't know where all the good eating spots are. Lol.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:32 PM, Fkfootball said:

Hey,  know the JC guys were getting on me a while back because they thought I was looking down on them. I've been working up in Seymour and North Vernon. Believe me, that is such a nice area. I like NV a lot. Really cool town to drive around. My only issue is that I don't know it very well and I didn't know where all the good eating spots are. Lol.

Lakeside Pizza, a couple minutes north of town on State Road 3, has wood fired pizza and a lot of out-of-towners go there for the good pizza, sandwiches, and Brown County wine. Can’t go wrong there.

Crimson Oak is another great spot. I actually just ate there tonight. The food is fancy so it’s a little pricier but it’s so good. Heck, it’s so good that Chris Evans (a.k.a. Captain America) stopped in to eat there last fall. And, no, I’m not kidding.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 5:32 PM, Fkfootball said:

Millers Tavern fish sammy is better than their tenderloin. There I said it. 

On 3/7/2024 at 8:56 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

You can never go wrong with Miller’s Tavern. There’s finer dining, but I fit much better at Miller’s. Thought my LJ was going to get his ass whipped in there one night by an old woman. 

Any good Pizza around there?

On 3/8/2024 at 11:40 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

Lakeside Pizza, a couple minutes north of town on State Road 3, has wood fired pizza and a lot of out-of-towners go there for the good pizza, sandwiches, and Brown County wine. Can’t go wrong there.

Crimson Oak is another great spot. I actually just ate there tonight. The food is fancy so it’s a little pricier but it’s so good. Heck, it’s so good that Chris Evans (a.k.a. Captain America) stopped in to eat there last fall. And, no, I’m not kidding.

I missed this. Lakeside Pizza sounds like a winner. I'm a trucker so it will be soft drinks and water for me only. 

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1