Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Hoosier Hills Conference


Recommended Posts

I have turned it off at 49-0 with 6:23 left in the half. 

 

a few notes, Bedford is extremely small ( I know they are young) but they are AT LEAST 2 years away from even having a chance on being competitive against East. East looks solid tonight, have basically done whatever they have wanted. East continues to live in the weight room. Hope both schools can stay injury free. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

56-7. 1:22 left. 

Just one of those games. Gaddis could snap his fingers and East would put up 100 with no issue tonight. 
 

This 2nd half is why East is so good. 100% backups and backups of backups playing against the Bedford 1st stringers. It’s never a rebuild, only a reload. Valuable learning experience for the guys that don’t see the field much. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Just one of those games. Gaddis could snap his fingers and East would put up 100 with no issue tonight. 
 

This 2nd half is why East is so good. 100% backups and backups of backups playing against the Bedford 1st stringers. It’s never a rebuild, only a reload. Valuable learning experience for the guys that don’t see the field much. 

You guys will dominate untill Gaddis retires and maybe after that. We literally had a big O-Line last week with a likely Ohio State commit, and Illinois State RB, and a QB that might play D-2 and still couldnt make it a game. That coaching staff develops players up there as good as any that I’ve seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

You guys will dominate untill Gaddis retires and maybe after that. We literally had a big O-Line last week with a likely Ohio State commit, and Illinois State RB, and a QB that might play D-2 and still couldnt make it a game. That coaching staff develops players up there as good as any that I’ve seen.

Backup QB for East in Duncan is going to be a problem. Getting some great reps in the 2nd half and has taken some for big yards and a TD. He’s another running QB. East JV held pretty strong in the 2nd half only being outscored 14-7.

 

Columbus East - 63

BNL - 20

Final 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Backup QB for East in Duncan is going to be a problem. Getting some great reps in the 2nd half and has taken some for big yards and a TD. He’s another running QB. East JV held pretty strong in the 2nd half only being outscored 14-7.

 

Columbus East - 63

BNL - 20

Final 

Always enjoy a game at East. Glad I was able to get a ticket. Gaddis is first class and runs a first class program and their fans could be obnoxious not losing a conference game in 14 years but they aren’t. 
 

BNL needs to hit the weight room but I’m saying they won’t so nothing will change. You’d think a group of you g men would get tired of losing to East somewhere in the HHC but evidently not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, starbacker said:

Always enjoy a game at East. Glad I was able to get a ticket. Gaddis is first class and runs a first class program and their fans could be obnoxious not losing a conference game in 14 years but they aren’t. 
 

BNL needs to hit the weight room but I’m saying they won’t so nothing will change. You’d think a group of you g men would get tired of losing to East somewhere in the HHC but evidently not. 

That’s the sad part. New Palestine credited their 35 point 4A semi-state loss at Columbus East in 2013 as the driving force that got the program where it is today. It showed them what it took to be an elite program and motivated them to hit the weight room hard.

And that was just one loss. I would’ve thought by now some of the other HHC teams would’ve figured that out after multiple losses to East. Not trying to seem like I’m looking down my nose at the other seven schools because I’m not. I’m just disappointed because a lot of the HHC schools have the potential to be able to compete with East but I feel like there’s a lack of commitment on their part.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I thought it was funny that Floyd put up 55 on Jennings and only had 140 total yards. Has that ever happened before? They kept scoring on pick 6’s, Fumble Return TD, Punt Return TD. Their offense was barely on the field. Jennings is just bad all the way around. 

Which is why I thought there was no way they win a game this season. Then Connersville came to town last week and decided to give the game away by committing over 100 yards of dumb penalties.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Week 8

 

Floyd Central at Bedford NL 

Jeffersonville at Jennings County

Madison at New Albany 

Seymour at Columbus East 

 

Madison/NA is tough to pick as well as Madison seems to be playing. It should be a good game. Jeff should get on track at JC. The others seem like no contest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Week 8

 

Floyd Central at Bedford NL 

Jeffersonville at Jennings County

Madison at New Albany 

Seymour at Columbus East 

Hard to gain any ground on you when I agree with your picks. But, as Chris Stapleton sang, I’ve got nobody to blame but me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Floyd Central at Bedford NL 

Jeffersonville at Jennings County

Madison at New Albany 

Seymour at Columbus East

Going with Madison as I’m trying to make up some ground. Btw why is the gentleman who hasn’t picked all the games ranked #3. Those other 11 games should be counted as a L

Imagine if we had money on the line 😂

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, starbacker said:

 

Floyd Central at Bedford NL 

Jeffersonville at Jennings County

Madison at New Albany 

Seymour at Columbus East

Going with Madison as I’m trying to make up some ground. Btw why is the gentleman who hasn’t picked all the games ranked #3. Those other 11 games should be counted as a L

Imagine if we had money on the line 😂

 

Eh. It ain’t that serious. I just order them by percentage because I know life gets in the way sometimes. Also, the less games you make picks on them more it hurts your percentage when you miss one.

If we had money on the line then @boilerfan87 would win. We started this pick ‘em thing last year and he had the best percentage last year too. I’m afraid he’s going to win every year. Seems smarter than the rest of us 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Eh. It ain’t that serious. I just order them by percentage because I know life gets in the way sometimes. Also, the less games you make picks on them more it hurts your percentage when you miss one.

If we had money on the line then @boilerfan87 would win. We started this pick ‘em thing last year and he had the best percentage last year too. I’m afraid he’s going to win every year. Seems smarter than the rest of us 😂

LOL I don't know about all that. This stuff can be a real crap shoot. I just don't have an allegiance to a particular team so I can be neutral in my picks. You all have to make the homer call sometimes and I get that! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, starbacker said:

 

Floyd Central at Bedford NL 

Jeffersonville at Jennings County

Madison at New Albany 

Seymour at Columbus East

Going with Madison as I’m trying to make up some ground. Btw why is the gentleman who hasn’t picked all the games ranked #3. Those other 11 games should be counted as a L

Imagine if we had money on the line 😂

 

I’m not suprised you took this dig.

19 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Eh. It ain’t that serious. I just order them by percentage because I know life gets in the way sometimes. Also, the less games you make picks on them more it hurts your percentage when you miss one.

If we had money on the line then @boilerfan87 would win. We started this pick ‘em thing last year and he had the best percentage last year too. I’m afraid he’s going to win every year. Seems smarter than the rest of us 😂

Well he was a Varsity Head Coach. So it’s safe to say his High School Football knowledge is extremely good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Week 8

 

Floyd Central at Bedford NL-The Veteran Highlanders taking on the youthful Stars. I think this game will be much closer than expected. BNL up there can be tricky. Hopefully it doesn’t rain. I’ll say Highlanders 28-14.

Jeffersonville at Jennings County-The Red Devils have been able to beat really bad teams. And the Panthers are a really bad team. If there is one HHC team I want to really improve, it’s JC. I like that area. I’ve got the Red Devils by a score of 42-7.

New Albany at Madison-The Dogs can score. And the Cubs are better. It will be a game of pay dirt. But NA at home, with their speed will be too much. I’ve got the Dogs by a score of 37-28.

Seymour at Columbus East-The Owls continue to get better. Unfortunately, so do the Gaddis led Olympians which should be expected by now. The 2nd best team in the conference lost by 4 TDs at home to East. This one won’t be close either. The Os by a score of 45-0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I’m not suprised you took this dig.

Well he was a Varsity Head Coach. So it’s safe to say his High School Football knowledge is extremely good.

You took that as a dig...relax 🙄

Edited by starbacker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...