Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Whats Up With "Wolves" as the Hot New Nickname

Michigan City Rogers and Elston consolidated and became the Michigan City Wolves.

Rockville and Turkey Run consolidated and became the Parke Heritage Wolves

Hammond High absorbed Clark and Gavit and became the Hammond Central Wolves?

Elkhart Memorial and Central consolidated and became the Elkhart Lions.  Thank you Elkhart. 

WTF???

Is Indiana suddenly being run over by starving packs of ravenous Wolves?

More generic mascots/nicknames.  *Yawn*  Almost as bad is the insistence to insert the color black into school athletic uniforms where black has never been one of that school's colors in the first place.  Makes them edgy and tough, I guess.

well... I never ever understood how we got two "Thunderbirds" in the same neck of the woods (North Central-Farmersburg & Eastern Greene).  I mean...it's fairly uncommon.. or it was back then these schools formed from consolidating area schools...  NC in 1957 and EG in 1961... so I guess NC beat them to the punch... but wonder why someone at EG didn't realize the nickname was nicked.    

On 6/22/2022 at 11:04 PM, DT said:

Michigan City Rogers and Elston consolidated and became the Michigan City Wolves.

Rockville and Turkey Run consolidated and became the Parke Heritage Wolves

Hammond High absorbed Clark and Gavit and became the Hammond Central Wolves?

Elkhart Memorial and Central consolidated and became the Elkhart Lions.  Thank you Elkhart. 

WTF???

Is Indiana suddenly being run over by starving packs of ravenous Wolves?

Michigan City High School student l body was given a list of nicknames to vote on when Elston and Rogers consolidated and Wolves was selected.  I thought they should have become the Cohos as for decades Michigan City has been renounced as the Coho fishing capitol of the Midwest.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Michigan City High School student l body was given a list of nicknames to vote on when Elston and Rogers consolidated and Wolves was selected.  I thought they should have become the Cohos as for decades Michigan City has been renounced as the Coho fishing capitol of the Midwest.

I was teaching at Elston the last year before the consolidation and was at the high school for a few year after.  I remember voting for the school colors.  Navy was the choice and the students got to pic the secondary color.  Teal, white and gray were the choices.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Maybe leaders are just looking for the LEAST offensive moniker left?

The Running Beige Peaceniks.

Well, maybe "beige" took it too far. The Running Clear Peaceniks.

Tbh, the "running" moniker may be in violation of the ADA. All right, the In Motion and/or Static Clear Peaceniks.

Ok, so "peaceniks" does exclude the warmongers among us. Ok, I got it: The In Motion and/or Static Clear Peaceniks for War and/or Temporary Cease Fires.

Crap... is "clear" excluding those who are opaque and/or translucent?

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

Honestly that mascot captures most of us growing up in southern/central Illinois. Should just be a wide swath of teams called the cornjerkers. Or The Corn Leaf Cuts. Either or.

We played Milford many times back in the 90s. Always the worst 2 hour bus ride home.

2 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Honestly that mascot captures most of us growing up in southern/central Illinois. Should just be a wide swath of teams called the cornjerkers. Or The Corn Leaf Cuts. Either or.

We played Milford many times back in the 90s. Always the worst 2 hour bus ride home.

If you can’t have fun in a town named after milfs you gotta be a queer, I swear to God you do. I gotta go 

• Haha 5