Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

300 Mile Rule Changed

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/news media/2021-22/062322.BasketballFormat.pdf

The Committee approved modified restrictions on Indiana schools competing against schools from beyond the 300-mile travel limit. IHSAA schools will now be able to participate against out-of-state schools from beyond the 300-mile limit as long as they are in good standing with their state association, the venue is within the 300 mile limit, is and is sanctioned by the NFHS and IHSAA. Also, Indiana schools may now host out-of-state schools in Indiana from beyond the 300-mile limit as long as they are a member in good standing with their own state association and the event is sanctioned by the NFHS and IHSAA.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Ed's/Center Grove would be a very enticing matchup although that could have taken place prior to the rule change. CG's recent demotion from the MIC could allow this game to happen down the road.

Gorman and IMG would both beat Carmel by 50. 

How about we use the carmel, IMG, Kevin wright combination as a pipeline to get IMG players to Indiana University?

26 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Carmel vs Westfield…oh wait.

CG vs Warren…oh wait

Carmel&CG vs MIC…nope

Carmel&CG vs HCC…nope.

forget the travel rule. Great matchups right around Indy metro area. And these schools don’t want it.

Center Grove and Carmel as independents will now have balance to schedule quality in-state as well as out of state opponents. Out of state matchups featuring premier opponents is good for visibility.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Center Grove and Carmel as independents will now have balance to schedule quality in-state as well as out of state opponents. Out of state matchups featuring premier opponents is good for visibility.

Out of state opponents create scheduling nightmares for JV and Freshmen. I doubt those schools will want too much of that.

2 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Out of state opponents create scheduling nightmares for JV and Freshmen. I doubt those schools will want too much of that.

Center Grove and Carmel's freshman and JV teams will have no problem scheduling games in the event they play a few out of state opponents. 

40 minutes ago, Robert said:

¿Comprendes?  Reread it.  Can't happen. 

Not sure if Gorman is in good standing with the Nevada High School Commission, not sure how you could be when you have players from multiple states attending a parochial school, but the only way it could happen (as I read it) is if Gorman flew all the way to Carmel or the two schools agreed to meet on a neutral field 300 miles from the border.

Either way, not sure I see the draw for Gorman. They have much bigger fish to fry.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not sure if Gorman is in good standing with the Nevada High School Commission, not sure how you could be when you have players from multiple states attending a parochial school, but the only way it could happen (as I read it) is if Gorman flew all the way to Carmel or the two schools agreed to meet on a neutral field 300 miles from the border.

Either way, not sure I see the draw for Gorman. They have much bigger fish to fry.

Yep, if they get within 300 miles of the border and are in good standing...yep.  

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

I was under the assumption that programs like Gorman and IMG weren’t in good standing with their state associations.  Part of the reason they have a National schedule I thought.  

At least that’s the most logical thing to why a high school team can have a full travel schedule across the US lol

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I was under the assumption that programs like Gorman and IMG weren’t in good standing with their state associations.  Part of the reason they have a National schedule I thought.  

At least that’s the most logical thing to why a high school team can have a full travel schedule across the US lol

IMG definitely isn’t, not sure about Gorman but wouldn’t be shocked at all.

9 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central (IN) vs Warren Central (MS) would be a great match-up. I can only dream right?

In 1992, Ben Davis opened the season with Warren Central (Bowling Green, KY) followed by Warren Central (Indianapolis).

Let's have Benjamin O. Davis High School visit Ben Davis!

I would love to see someone play Kimberly, Wisconsin

im not sure how they would stack up but Kimberly is essentially the Ben Davis//Warren Central/Center Grove of Wisconsin. 

Well at least for football powerhouse.  Actual enrollment they are closer to a 5A school 

17 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

The game has to be played in Indiana; but at least it can be played. 

I read it to say that the game has to be played within 300 miles of Indiana.   So, for instance, Carmel could play Don Bosco Prep in Nashville, Tennessee.   

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I would love to see someone play Kimberly, Wisconsin

im not sure how they would stack up but Kimberly is essentially the Ben Davis//Warren Central/Center Grove of Wisconsin. 

Well at least for football powerhouse.  Actual enrollment they are closer to a 5A school 

To see the Papermakers play, you will most likely have to travel to Wisconsin.    They still have a travel restriction for their teams.