Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider returns a QB that has started for 2 years and a very good back in Levell (sp?). Not sure how much returns from the O & D line though. North Side could be very dangerous, nationally rated, big WR. They almost took Snider out last year in first game of the season and I'm expecting another close game to start this season. Never under estimate Dwenger. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Snider returns a QB that has started for 2 years and a very good back in Levell (sp?). Not sure how much returns from the O & D line though. North Side could be very dangerous, nationally rated, big WR. They almost took Snider out last year in first game of the season and I'm expecting another close game to start this season. Never under estimate Dwenger. 

Heard DWenger lost a bunch of kids to transfer to caroll?? Anyone know if this is true? But fw can’t be underestimated but I think Mishawaka takes them out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Heard DWenger lost a bunch of kids to transfer to caroll?? Anyone know if this is true? But fw can’t be underestimated but I think Mishawaka takes them out 

The cavemen have always been tough. They still run the triple option? Never seen a hook and ladder run to perfection b4 watching them...still shocked more programs don't regularly use it..

6 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Not sure about the kids transferring to Carroll. Dwenger's quarterback jumped ship to join forces with one of the country's best wide receivers at North Side. But in return, they got a stud D1 transfer from Northrop who plays on both sides of the ball. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Not sure about the kids transferring to Carroll. Dwenger's quarterback jumped ship to join forces with one of the country's best wide receivers at North Side. But in return, they got a stud D1 transfer from Northrop who plays on both sides of the ball. 

But do they have a QB that can throw the ball good enough??? 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

This is Dwenger we're talking about, they reload. Jason Garrett is a proven coach and I have no doubt he'll have the Saints ready. 

2 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Honest question:

Do you NEED to throw the ball to win in high school football?

I’m fully prepared to defend my stance of “not really”.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

Honest question:

And I am fully prepared to defend my stance ‘it depends.’ Lol

Regarding 5A, I would say yes you need to be able to throw it. But the 1, 2, and 3A levels it is possible to win without throwing the ball. 

As teams get bigger and the ability to to two platoon gets easier, I say no. At 1A where a team has the same 11 guys who get minimal defense practice, a good rush attack is tough. But at the bigger classes (take Noblesville for example) when an opponent has bigger DL and all 11 can work on a defense game plan all week, the threat of a pass has to be there. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

And I am fully prepared to defend my stance ‘it depends.’ Lol

Regarding 5A, I would say yes you need to be able to throw it. But the 1, 2, and 3A levels it is possible to win without throwing the ball. 

As teams get bigger and the ability to to two platoon gets easier, I say no. At 1A where a team has the same 11 guys who get minimal defense practice, a good rush attack is tough. But at the bigger classes (take Noblesville for example) when an opponent has bigger DL and all 11 can work on a defense game plan all week, the threat of a pass has to be there. 

True, guess we sort of agree.  Fully prepared to admit I’m wrong or ask for help with my memory here but outside of last year’s Gibson Southern squad I’m struggling to remember a recent state championship team that had an unstoppable air attack as their base offense.

Either way it’s rare.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BTF said:

Who was kid that left the Bruins?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Honest question:

Pioneer and RCHS are a couple of examples of teams that wouldn't even throw the ball to the ref after the play was over and were successful.

33 minutes ago, jakone said:

Also in the SAC Luers Da'von Doughty transfers to North Side. Ouch.

Things are getting interesting. Maybe time to start an SAC Outlook 2022 thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Honest question:

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I’m curious if you guys literally mean not throwing the ball at all or if you mean rarely throwing the ball. I ask because the 2017 Columbus East 5A state championship team rarely threw the ball due to their three-headed rushing attack. There were a couple of key moments in the state title game where they had to complete a pass to keep a drive alive (one of which turned into a TD) but, for the most part, that was a run-heavy team.

4 hours ago, temptation said:

True, guess we sort of agree.  Fully prepared to admit I’m wrong or ask for help with my memory here but outside of last year’s Gibson Southern squad I’m struggling to remember a recent state championship team that had an unstoppable air attack as their base offense.

Either way it’s rare.

What about Warren Central? I remember that the Warriors used to rarely throw the football back when I was in high school. The 2018 team was very much an aerial team. And this is a 6A team. Previously was in 5A before the addition of a sixth class

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

What about Warren Central? I remember that the Warriors used to rarely throw the football back when I was in high school. The 2018 team was very much an aerial team. And this is a 6A team. Previously was in 5A before the addition of a sixth class

That squad averaged 256 yards per game rushing and had a 3000+ yard rusher in Romier Elliott.

People were pissed Bell didn’t win Mr. Football when Elliott actually had the bigger gripe.

Edited by temptation