Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tom Allen /Staff Deathwatch Begins in Bloomington

https://inpreps.com/2022/07/01/commitment-tracker-june-recap/?fbclid=IwAR3TGtrrdB2FAEXkEVXqWTBndsTTCP_Sme88o0d906yMZVUgD9FRhYam8_Q

Looks like Allen and his staff are giving up on recruiting the home state.

Brohm and his Purdue staff are cleaning house in Indianapolis.  

IU staff is a turnstile with coaches coming and going

Last years 2-10 / 0-9 debacle casts a huge pall over this program.

It was even suggested today that with the next round of conference realignment, that Indiana might be asked to leave the Big Ten to make room for other stronger football programs.

Indiana's recent 4star recruits, highly celebrated, have been busts and have made little to no impact.

I look for a repeat of last year, with Allen and complete staff shown the door in November.

Never too early to start chatter about potential new HC prospects.

Edited by DT

7 minutes ago, DT said:

https://inpreps.com/2022/07/01/commitment-tracker-june-recap/?fbclid=IwAR3TGtrrdB2FAEXkEVXqWTBndsTTCP_Sme88o0d906yMZVUgD9FRhYam8_Q

Looks like Allen and his staff are giving up on recruiting the home state.

Brohm and his Purdue staff are cleaning house in Indianapolis.  

IU staff is a turnstile with coaches coming and going

Last years 2-10 / 0-9 debacle casts a huge pall over this program.

It was even suggested today that with the next round of conference realignment, that Indiana might be asked to leave the Big Ten to make room for other stronger football programs.

Indiana's recent 4star recruits, highly celebrated, have been busts and have made little to no impact.

I look for a repeat of last year, with Allen and complete staff shown the door in November.

Never too early to start chatter about potential new HC prospects.

Over/under 4.5 wins this fall?

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

All that I’ll say is that IU football has some deep-seated cultural issues.  And these are clearly affecting their recruiting.

Please elaborate.

15 hours ago, DT said:

Would love read the comments by your source....please provide.

IU holds their own in the Big 10 and overall NCAA with their overall sports program....

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/6/3/general-iu-athletics-in-14th-place-in-learfield-img-college-directors-cup-standings-after-fall-winter-sports-seasons.aspx

4 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I have my reasons.

Lame. 

Dont bring it up unless your willing to discuss it 

Bad look for you

38 minutes ago, DT said:

Lame. 

Bad look for you

Apparently we didn’t pay the premium insider fee to get the scoop.

Nothing like saying something, by really saying nothing…just for attention.

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Apparently we didn’t pay the premium insider fee to get the scoop.

Nothing like saying something, by really saying nothing…just for attention.

Id like to hear what he has to say.  They have some D1 kids down in Evansville that are not on IUs radar.  Why not?  What cultural issues could possibly be standing in the way of a top kid from Memorial making his way to Indiana?  

Edited by DT

3 hours ago, DT said:

Lame. 

Bad look for you

no darn different that you alleging IU is being asked to leave the conference and not providing a source, let alone a credible source.

Bad look for you

6 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

no darn different that you alleging IU is being asked to leave the conference and not providing a source, let alone a credible source.

Bad look for you

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/usc-and-ucla-to-big-ten-whats-next-for-pac-12-notre-dame-acc-big-12-with-realignment-just-getting-started/

Jump down to the section titled : Addition and Subtraction?

16 hours ago, DT said:

Well, one guy from CBS renders an opinion near the end of an article, it must be true, right?  BTW, you failed to mention he listed both IU AND Purdue.  

Both schools aren’t going anywhere. 

19 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Well, one guy from CBS renders an opinion near the end of an article, it must be true, right?  BTW, you failed to mention he listed both IU AND Purdue.  

I never said they were.  I simply posted that it was mentioned as a possibility by another source.  You jumped to conclusions.  And I didnt "FAIL" to mention PU.  I omitted them purposely. 

17 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Bad look for you

Dennis Dodd is a very credible source.  He probably has more readers than any other sportswriter in America given his arrangement at CBS.  

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

All he said was that it was “suggested” dude.  Relax.

5 hours ago, DT said:

I never said they were.  I simply posted that it was mentioned as a possibility by another source.  You jumped to conclusions.  And I didnt "FAIL" to mention PU.  I omitted them purposely. 

I know you omitted them purposely. Called sarcasm. Nice media touch. 

Its an opinion, with no credible research or source to back it up. It’s called hot air.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

All he said was that it was “suggested” dude.  Relax.

And it’s called challenging on a forum. Something you do constantly. 

DT doesn’t need you to enter the fray. Stay in your lane. 

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I know you omitted them purposely. Called sarcasm. Nice media touch. 

Its an opinion, with no credible research or source to back it up. It’s called hot air.

And it’s called challenging on a forum. Something you do constantly. 

DT doesn’t need you to enter the fray. Stay in your lane. 

Challenge Dodd then, not the messenger.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, temptation said:

Challenge Dodd then, not the messenger.

LOL....don't think I need to obtain your or anyone else to post, do I?

I believe I was pretty clear about one man's opinion.  I asked DT for his source for his comment below, and he finally provided it.  DT conveniently left Purdue out of the same opinion quote from Dodd.  I pointed that out.

image.thumb.png.16405bfa9e228788c8a14a71100f3def.png

Look, we get it...you are a DT fan as am I...but that doesn't mean we can't challenge each other.  I certainly don't need your blessing to post ANYTHING.  Again, stay in your lane...DT is a big boy and he can fend for himself.  You can always contact a moderator or simply put me on block.

20 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I believe I was pretty clear about one man's opinion.  I asked DT for his source for his comment below, and he finally provided it.  DT conveniently left Purdue out of the same opinion quote from Dodd.  I pointed that out.

Look, we get it...you are a DT fan as am I...but that doesn't mean we can't challenge each other.  I certainly don't need your blessing to post ANYTHING.  Again, stay in your lane...DT is a big boy and he can fend for himself.  You can always contact a moderator or simply put me on block.

Nah, not as fun.  Challenging each other is what keeps message boards alive, no?

Speaking in generalities, I think our country would be a much better place if we took the time to challenge one another and sit down and surround ourselves and hold meaningful discussions with folks with different opinions than those we hold.  Far too many people not willing to do so.

This message board is a prime example.  Far too many times we attack the messenger (myself included) and not the message.

It’s such an easy trap to fall into.

Edited by temptation

24 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I dont see how adding Purdue into my comments would have changed anything nor altered the message.  Frankly PU is on a much better looking course right now than are the Hoosiers.  In this day and age of competitive balance and level playing fields, its a bit shocking when a team goes 0-9 in conference play, and a fair question to ask if they really belong. 

16 hours ago, DT said:

I dont see how adding Purdue into my comments would have changed anything nor altered the message.  Frankly PU is on a much better looking course right now than are the Hoosiers.  In this day and age of competitive balance and level playing fields, its a bit shocking when a team goes 0-9 in conference play, and a fair question to ask if they really belong. 

Be honest…you have a bias against Allen and IU. You find one opinion with zero basis and run with it. And when you do, you leave out the other school mentioned for conference elimination, which happens to be the other state Big 10 school. The same school you’ve been high on their recent recruiting. 

It’s you prerogative to post what you wish….just accept that not everyone is always going to buy it.