Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tom Allen /Staff Deathwatch Begins in Bloomington

16 hours ago, temptation said:

Nah, not as fun.  Challenging each other is what keeps message boards alive, no?

Speaking in generalities, I think our country would be a much better place if we took the time to challenge one another and sit down and surround ourselves and hold meaningful discussions with folks with different opinions than those we hold.  Far too many people not willing to do so.

This message board is a prime example.  Far too many times we attack the messenger (myself included) and not the message.

It’s such an easy trap to fall into.

And no one is attacking DT personally. Just didn’t agree with his position. Kind of what you are talking about. 

Piece of advice…just because you can get in the fray, doesn’t mean you should. DT is a grown man. He can handle the discussion without your rush to defend him. These posts are nothing compared to many “conversations” on this board with others. I’m a DT fan…just not agreeing with his comments this time. 

Watching from the stands sometimes isn’t a bad thing. Great learning opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

And no one is attacking DT personally. Just didn’t agree with his position. Kind of what you are talking about. 

Piece of advice…just because you can get in the fray, doesn’t mean you should. DT is a grown man. He can handle the discussion without your rush to defend him. These posts are nothing compared to many “conversations” on this board with others. I’m a DT fan…just not agreeing with his comments this time. 

Watching from the stands sometimes isn’t a bad thing. Great learning opportunity. 

Not when I’m more qualified than half the folks on the sidelines…😉

IU isn’t going anywhere unless it’s by choice. There are lesser teams in terms of viewership and revenue producers than IU who would be shown the door first.

As far as Purdue goes in owning the city of Indianapolis, I don’t think IU is missing out on much in terms of potential. Tibbs has the potential to be a deep threat weapon down the road but the rest of Berglund, Heldt, McWilliams, Theinemam, and Burhenn have pretty meh offer lists, mostly MAC and G5 schools. Mickens and Lauck would have been solid gets but the competition is fierce. 

Rightfully, people are down on IU after last years debacle. They hit the portal hard this off-season and I think they have some solid pieces to work with. Brutal schedule again this year but hopefully this is the last of the division imbalance. If they can get decent QB play out of the Mizzou transfer, they’ll be more competitive than you think. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

McCulley was moved to wr. question is not only who will start at qb, but the backups since, unless the OL is much better, will be a revolving door of hits. The more hits, the less good throws to a receiver the coaches say they really like.