Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

2022 Central Indiana Conference Thread (CIC)

Central Indiana Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Eastbrook 6-0 1.000   11-1 0.917   2A 36
Mississinewa 6-1 0.857   9-3 0.750   4A 20
Oak Hill 5-2 0.714   8-3 0.727   3A 27
Madison-Grant 3-3 0.500   4-6 0.400   1A 43
Frankton 3-4 0.429   3-7 0.300   2A 36
Alexandria 2-4 0.333   4-6 0.400   2A 36
Blackford 1-5 0.167   1-8 0.111   2A 36
Elwood 0-7 0.000   0-9 0.000  

2A 36

Will Eastbrook ever lose another conference game?

• 2 weeks later...

Mississinewa and Eastbrook will again finish 1-2.  Mississinewa started a lot number of sophomore's last year.  Hayden Nelson will be fun to watch as he finished 5th in the 100m State Final.  The 4 ahead of him were all Senior's.  So Mississinewa may have the fastest Senior in the State running the ball.  

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like October 14 will be the game that decides the CIC Champion as this is when Eastbrook visits Mississinewa.  I suspect both teams will have at most 1 loss in the conference and both should be undefeated in conference play coming into this game.  Going to be a good season and I look for Eastbrook and Mississinewa to make a run in the State Tournament.  MG may surprise people in the post season.  Oak Hill could get a break in post season but will challenge Eastbrook and Mississinewa.  

My Conference final standings predictions are

1.  Mississinewa

1.  Eastbrook

3.  Oak Hill

4.  MG

5.  Alex

6.  Blackford

7.  Frankton

8.  Elwood

Let's hear everybody else's thoughts on the final standings.

2 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Why doesn't Lapel join this conference? It would make sense geographically. 

Not sure I know in the past it had to do with them turning down the CIC because they felt it was a weak basketball conference. To say they turned their nose up to the cic is an understatement. Now it is about fit and or going to 10 teams or dropping a team to stay at 8.

18 minutes ago, GV5 said:

Not sure I know in the past it had to do with them turning down the CIC because they felt it was a weak basketball conference. To say they turned their nose up to the cic is an understatement. Now it is about fit and or going to 10 teams or dropping a team to stay at 8.

ACAC could pick up Blackford for Southern Wells & Jay County

14 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Looks like October 14 will be the game that decides the CIC Champion as this is when Eastbrook visits Mississinewa.  I suspect both teams will have at most 1 loss in the conference and both should be undefeated in conference play coming into this game.  Going to be a good season and I look for Eastbrook and Mississinewa to make a run in the State Tournament.  MG may surprise people in the post season.  Oak Hill could get a break in post season but will challenge Eastbrook and Mississinewa.  

My Conference final standings predictions are

1.  Mississinewa

1.  Eastbrook

3.  Oak Hill

4.  MG

5.  Alex

6.  Blackford

7.  Frankton

8.  Elwood

Let's hear everybody else's thoughts on the final standings.

I believe the top 3 are set! 

1a. Ole Miss- lots of speed and returning starters   (9-1)

1b. Eastbrook- Great coaching and always reload from the best youth program in the conference.     (9-1)

3. Oak Hill- Corn fed mules lol j/k Well coached and good weight program.     (7-2)

The rest good luck on figuring out. Each team played each other for the most part well. So I am going to just throw it out there.

4a. MG- Can any of these lower half teams stop their speed? I am not sure.     (5-4)

4b. Frankton- Handled bottom half of cic last year. New coach and new philosophy plus hitting the weights hard with same kids we will see.     (4-5)

5. Alexandria- Have some good coaches in place. Will the kids buy in? also meaning what will the gains be from last year to this year. How much stronger and faster than last year.  Have a real nice incoming freshman group but need some time to grow.     (4-5)

6. Blackford- Well this team relies on #'s and from what I have heard they are struggling. They have a chance to win early with a light front half schedule. Then it will be ugly.    (3-6)

7. Elwood- Another new coach another year. Had some close games with the bottom half of the cic. time will tell but from what I have seen they need to hit the weight room also.     (1-9) potential for 1st win. 

Wish everyone the best of luck and hope I am on the low side on some of these.

44 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

ACAC could pick up Blackford for Southern Wells & Jay County

I agree we will see what happens. Also Eastbrook and Ole miss could look elsewhere. Problem is they are usually only dominant in football but struggle in other sports.

1 hour ago, GV5 said:

I agree we will see what happens. Also Eastbrook and Ole miss could look elsewhere. Problem is they are usually only dominant in football but struggle in other sports.

Eastbrook and MG have dominated in Girls Softball. 

Eastbrook also does well typically in Cross Country, Track, and Golf.  They also won the CIC in baseball this past year.  

Mississinewa has won 5 or 6 straight CIC Tennis titles in boys and several in the Girls.  They also have been very competitive in Baseball (won CIC 2017), Basketball, Soccer (boys and girls), and track.  Mississinewa is a legitimate 4A school and should move to a conference that has more 4A or bigger schools.

Mississinewa and Eastbrook have a lot of talent coming up.  The freshman class at Ole' Miss is loaded.  The sophomore class has just as much talent. Eastbrook always struggle in the lower grades but when they get to high school something hits and they improve a lot.  

Remember the CIC over the last ten years has won Baseball, Basketball, and Softball state titles in different classes.  I look for a few more state titles in the conference over the next few years.  Would love to see Eastbrook and Mississinewa play for the football title in their respective classes soon.  Hopefully if this happens they play the same day and both schools show up to support each other.

• 3 weeks later...

As I see it, it is the same top 3 as last year.

Eastbrook 8-1 (wins conference) - I pick them on history, but I think Ole Miss will push them.  Eastbrook lost some key players last year.  So, the Ole Miss game could be very interesting.  I would not be surprised to see Ole Miss win that game.

Mississinewa 7-2  - They will be an interesting team to watch, with a lot of younger players getting experience last year.  They will be a force again in the CIC, and hopefully will play well in sectionals.

Oak Hill 6-3 - They usually start slow, but beat the bottom of the CIC pretty handily.  That's been their pattern lately.

Alexandria 5-4 - I don't put a lot of stock in them, they've underachieved.  But they have a very elusive QB who will make things interesting.  They will beat the lower teams and have an easier nonconference schedule. 

Madison Grant 5-4 - They are the sleeper to me.  They are a hard nosed group of players and they are getting better.  They should beat the lower teams in the CIC as well.

Frankton 3-6 - I'm not sure where they are at as a program, they had some good moments last year, but not sure where they'll be this year.

Elwood 2-7 - A struggling program which is always resetting.  Maybe they'll eke out a couple of wins, maybe.

Blackford 1-8 - After a couple of years of power football, it's sadly, back to the same old Blackford.  Maybe they get 1 win this year.  Low numbers and low experience could make it an ugly season.

Hoping for a good year, with minimal injuries!!

Edited by Kooldude

On 7/28/2022 at 9:12 AM, Basementbias said:

Why doesn't Lapel join this conference? It would make sense geographically. 

Why would we want them? They turned the CIC down because we didn't have a strong basketball schedule? Now look they keep running basketball coaches off. (Football coach has had great success for with this program. How long before they run him off?) This is seems a little pretentious and not sure that fits well with blue color teams of the CIC. Yea they had few good years in football and basketball but 1 of 2 thing will happen with this school. 

1. The town will grow so much and move them up a bunch of classes.(Hamilton county expansion) athletics won't be able to compete at bigger levels but would look good beating up on dieing towns/schools of the Cic.no gain from anyone. 

Or.

2. They will stay a small school and with most small schools you see maybe 10yers of decent runs then they fall off for awhile. Not sure this is beneficial to CIC teams. We need consistently good teams like when Tipton was in the CIC, Eastbrook,ect.

That was definitely a shock!  Did anyone see the game?  Frankton had an interception return for a TD, but lost a few fumbles.  Tipton had no offense.  

I also thought Alexandria losing to Eastern Hancock and a freshman QB was a surprise.  I expected more points from them and better defense.

Eastbrook goes undefeated in the regular season this year. The Oak Hill game will be close for a half but the Panthers blow it wide open in the 2nd half. Mississinewa gets blown out by 4 touchdowns. The rest of the CIC are bottom feeders. It's sad but that's just reality. Eastbrook got tested by an athletic New Haven team but they kept their heads and stuck with the game plan to seal it with an interception.

As far as the post season, the Panthers stand a better than average chance to take the sectional once again. However, I don't think they have the strength to make any kind of run in the tournament.