Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Hoosier North Athletic Conference Thread (HNAC)

On 7/24/2022 at 9:02 AM, Cheyenne Allen said:

I believe NJSP will go undefeated in the conference. They are returning 10-11 starting seniors. They are the strongest I have ever seen a team be across the board. From freshman to the seniors. They have put the Time in the weight room and most of them have been to several camps this year . Definitely gonna be a awesome season. My hat goes off to Coach Lambert and his coaching staff. They are definitely leading the team in the right direction 

Pretty bold statements. I agree that NJ will have a fantastic season. I just remember hearing/reading similar comments like this from NJ fans on social media and radio coming into the semistate game against AC last year. The game was over by halftime. I think Winamac fans were also saying similar things last year and NJ came in and humbled them. 

My point is it’s pretty early to be declaring “undefeated” and “strongest I’ve ever seen.” Good luck to NJ in what should be a fun season. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 10:28 PM, FlyingHigh said:

Pretty bold statements. I agree that NJ will have a fantastic season. I just remember hearing/reading similar comments like this from NJ fans on social media and radio coming into the semistate game against AC last year. The game was over by halftime. I think Winamac fans were also saying similar things last year and NJ came in and humbled them. 

My point is it’s pretty early to be declaring “undefeated” and “strongest I’ve ever seen.” Good luck to NJ in what should be a fun season. 

we're from Judson son. we luv 2 make bold proclamations.  i just left mark bailey's discount center and they had turtle wax on sale 2 for a $1!  i'll be shining this fiero all night and blastin the alpine.  i might be 12 old styles in, but let me tell you something bout them bj's from north judson.  they ruff, they tuff, and they dont give a *insert expletive*  now i know that them jets had a good year, but that was last year.  we dont live in the past.  if i lived in the past id still be pining over that time wendy bailey broke my heart at the winterballs.  id be worried about my three ex wives all wanting alimony.  I dont have it Sherry. and if i did i wouldnt tell you.  if'n i lived in the past id be sweatin ross rattkey showin up surreptitiously in the middle of the night to claim this here fiero.  WELL IT AINT HAPPENING.  not 2nite; not never!  this fiero is paid for son.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spanky Harper said:

we're from Judson son. we luv 2 make bold proclamations.  i just left mark bailey's discount center and they had turtle wax on sale 2 for a $1!  i'll be shining this fiero all night and blastin the alpine.  i might be 12 old styles in, but let me tell you something bout them bj's from north judson.  they ruff, they tuff, and they dont give a *insert expletive*  now i know that them jets had a good year, but that was last year.  we dont live in the past.  if i lived in the past id still be pining over that time wendy bailey broke my heart at the winterballs.  id be worried about my three ex wives all wanting alimony.  I dont have it Sherry. and if i did i wouldnt tell you.  if'n i lived in the past id be sweatin ross rattkey showin up surreptitiously in the middle of the night to claim this here fiero.  WELL IT AINT HAPPENING.  not 2nite; not never!  this fiero is paid for son.  

My point was more about what seems to be a tendency for NJ fans to put the cart in front of the horse than it was about living in the past. At AC we don’t worry too much about living in the past because we’re ready to compete every year no matter what is lost to graduation.

To each their own. Act as a fan/player/coach as you see fit. I just know the same attitude was shared last year heading into SS. Complete underestimation of their opponents. I don’t think the NJ people had any clue what they were getting into. Maybe it’s different this year.

Enjoy the success that you’ve already made up in your heads. I’m sure after a solid season in 22 (which should apparently end in a state championship according to the NJ fans on GD), NJ will return to winning sectional every 4 years or so. Hope to see the Bluejays again in semistate. 

17 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

My point was more about what seems to be a tendency for NJ fans to put the cart in front of the horse than it was about living in the past. At AC we don’t worry too much about living in the past because we’re ready to compete every year no matter what is lost to graduation.

To each their own. Act as a fan/player/coach as you see fit. I just know the same attitude was shared last year heading into SS. Complete underestimation of their opponents. I don’t think the NJ people had any clue what they were getting into. Maybe it’s different this year.

Enjoy the success that you’ve already made up in your heads. I’m sure after a solid season in 22 (which should apparently end in a state championship according to the NJ fans on GD), NJ will return to winning sectional every 4 years or so. Hope to see the Bluejays again in semistate. 

1st, if you take Spanky’s posts as anything but NJ comedy, then you don’t get the point of his posts.

2nd, NJ could be very good this year. Everyone knows that who pays attention. Luckily, the staff and players do a good job of focusing on one game at a time.

3rd, everyone involved in the program last year knew that Adam’s Central was really tough! I would guess that you guys will be really good again this year. To say that the coaches and players were looking past AC is a false statement. However, there are always fans that look one step ahead, which is what is fun about being a supporter of a team.

Been a few days since we had any posts . . . 

Any first-week happenings in the land of the Hoosier North?

Anybody pick up any move-ins or any incoming freshmen making a run for some playing time?

Just a week away from the scrimmages, ya'll!

Speaking of scrimmages, was driving by a local high school last week and the truck was at the football field.  Not sure if they were replacing lights, or fixing lights, but the truck arm was up and the guy working in the bucket was tending to a bank of lights!

A good sign that Friday Night Lights are drawing near . . . 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 7/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Where’s Andy and the stat boy from Winamacs? They usually have a lot of input. Maybe scouting at McDonald’s, I gotta go 

I've been mostly lurking for a while now. 

I'm curious to see if Pioneer can reload this year.

When I last talked to Coach Lambert's dad, he was very excited about this NJ squad. The NJ/LV game will be a dandy. 

I think this is the most intriguing year in football since the HNAC began.  For the first time Pioneer is not the overwhelming favorite to win the conference title.  And there should be some very solid teams when it comes to tourney time in October.  I agree that Judson and LaVille should be at the top.  But Triton and Pioneer won't be far back.  I'm not sure what Knox returns, but I'm guessing Radke will have them playing good football as well.  

Someone earlier in this thread suggested that Pioneer could actually finish in the bottom half of the conference this year.  Now that would be a shock!  I think in the eyes of other HNAC teams, the loss to LaVille in the sectional last year instantly brought the Panthers back to being "beatable".  I suspect the loss didn't sit well with the returning Pioneer players and they likely worked their backsides off this summer so that doesn't happen again!  So it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.  I'm excited to get things going.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, FlyingHigh said:

Looks like someone got hooked big time 🐠.  Must have turned off his sarcasm detector.  Why do AC fans feel the need to bash someone in an HNAC thread?  Don't you take enough a** whoopins in the playoffs?  

It's entertaining to see how the HNAC folks are so much more active now that the Pioneer demon has been exorcised.  At least it makes for some interesting reading material.

In the immortal words of Donnie Baker - I gotta go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

It's entertaining to see how the HNAC folks are so much more active now that the Pioneer demon has been exorcised.  At least it makes for some interesting reading material.

Really?  Very quiet around here compared to many seasons at this point.  

22 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Really?  Very quiet around here compared to many seasons at this point.  

Hey FinePrint . . . 

Yeah, I'm noticing the crickets as well.

The only scrimmage I could not find was North Judson-San Pierre.

Caston at Northfield

North Miami at Culver Community

Knox at Tippecanoe Valley

LaVille at Prairie Heights

Northwestern at Pioneer

Manchester at Triton

Winamac at Rochester

Anyone out there know who North Judson-San Pierre scrimmages?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 8/11/2022 at 10:18 AM, Ballhawk said:

Looks like someone got hooked big time 🐠.  Must have turned off his sarcasm detector.  Why do AC fans feel the need to bash someone in an HNAC thread?  Don't you take enough a** whoopins in the playoffs?  

In the immortal words of Donnie Baker - I gotta go!

I hate to say it, but I haven't been this intrigued by a Pioneer season in quite some time. At least this year the majority of it won't be a foregone conclusion. 

Rival HNAC fans won't be treated by any D1 prospects this season. However, The PIT has been renovated with a new set of home bleachers, as well as a press box that is actually bigger than a janitor's closet. I haven't been able to visit it up close yet, but it does look nice from SRs 16 and 35. This is great news for assistant coaches, as they won't have to sit with the fans anymore.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Where’s Andy and the stat boy from Winamacs? They usually have a lot of input. Maybe scouting at McDonald’s, I gotta go 

The only thing that I'll be scouting for at Mickie D's is one of those returning steak, egg, and cheese bagels for my wife.