Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference Thread (MIC)

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not so sure you can pat yourself on the back for avoiding an argument that you voluntarily dragged the other person in to.

You don’t understand sarcasm.  

Try to keep up here dude.  You just show up here daily looking for a fight it seems.

Edited by temptation

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

You don’t understand sarcasm.  

Try to keep up here dude.  You just show up here daily looking for a fight it seems.

I’ll be sure to keep my sarcasm sensors on high alert when reading your future posts.

Guess they didn’t pick up on any of the sarcasm in your 3k+ other posts.

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Maybe you should just routinely downvote me, like @gonzoronsuggested. 😂🤣

Nah, you’re good.  

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I’ll be sure to keep my sarcasm sensors on high alert when reading your future posts.

Guess they didn’t pick up on any of the sarcasm in your 3k+ other posts.

You injected yourself into a conversation from another thread between me and another user that required prior knowledge and tried to flex your muscle like a tough guy without context…and failed miserably like usual.

Edited by temptation

17 hours ago, DT said:

Have all 4 indicated they are dropping CA and CG after the 2022 contracted games have been fulfilled?  I believe WC and BD have both indicated their desire to keep playing Hounds and Trojans in non con play.

Warren does not want to play the Trojans. They are working hard to get them off of their schedule.

15 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I thought Warren Central was dropping Center Grove after this season. Am I missing something here?

You are correct.

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

Warren does not want to play the Trojans. They are working hard to get them off of their schedule.

For political reasons or competitive reasons?

31 minutes ago, BTF said:

It has to be political. A can't imagine a program like Warren shying away from competition. 

Oh, it’s completely political but will be spun in the opposite direction.

I can already see the Tweet…

Edited by temptation

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Wasn’t that the case when Warren was one of 6 MIC members to unanimously vote out Carmel and Center Grove???

Of course they’re shying away from competition.

I understand the overall picture. Suburban schools always have and always will dominate country club sports. It's an unfair fight. It's a complicated issue. But from a football standpoint? Warren could still schedule CG if they wanted to, but it's pretty clear they don't want to. So is it political or is it competition? The million dollar question.

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

I understand the overall picture. Suburban schools always have and always will dominate country club sports. It's an unfair fight. It's a complicated issue. But from a football standpoint? Warren could still schedule CG if they wanted to, but it's pretty clear they don't want to. So is it political or is it competition? The million dollar question.

It’s a competitive issue dressed up in political theater. I think that’s painfully obvious. Unfortunate situation when you have doorknobs in leadership roles. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 7:45 PM, temptation said:

You injected yourself into a conversation from another thread between me and another user that required prior knowledge and tried to flex your muscle like a tough guy without context…and failed miserably like usual.

Seriously??  😆🤪

tutsie is back as d-coord at warren so the grit and toughness should be back

new o-coord as well with great experience, warren the next few years will be LOADED...its alot of hate for the far east side and thats to be expected. i also saw someone said the athletes arent there anymore which is so far from the truth....WC has NEVER shy'd away from comp, especially CG or Carmel....truth be told, they, CG and Carmel, dont want to play the MIC schools and yes its political AND comp. ive sat in on plenty discussions from former coaches at all the schools.

patterson has LC on the UP, LN IS LN, mallory will do whatever he wants, BD will be BD, and NC, well, when is basketball season?!?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

new o-coord as well with great experience, warren the next few years will be LOADED...its alot of hate for the far east side and thats to be expected. i also saw someone said the athletes arent there anymore which is so far from the truth....WC has NEVER shy'd away from comp, especially CG or Carmel....truth be told, they, CG and Carmel, dont want to play the MIC schools and yes its political AND comp. ive sat in on plenty discussions from former coaches at all the schools.

patterson has LC on the UP, LN IS LN, mallory will do whatever he wants, BD will be BD, and NC, well, when is basketball season?!?

Nice pot shot at the previous coordinators…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

What happened the previous d coordinator? Who is the new O coordinator?

On 7/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, DT said:

Carmel and CG should really show some scheduling intestinal fortitude by refusing to play any further games against any MIC school that voted them out of the conference.  Its a matter of principle.  As difficult as it may be to find good local competition, it makes no sense to be publicly humiliated and kicked out of your conference, but go on playing as if nothing ever happened.  

The football coaching staffs of Ben Davis and Carmel and Center Grove have good personal relationships. I believe that is why thse rivalries have continued. Plus, BD/Carmel predates the MIC back to the 50's. They regularly started playing in 1981. I, for one, am glad that these games are continuing. Especially the Carmel series. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

The football coaching staffs of Ben Davis and Carmel and Center Grove have good personal relationships. I believe that is why thse rivalries have continued. Plus, BD/Carmel predates the MIC back to the 50's. They regularly started playing in 1981. I, for one, am glad that these games are continuing. Especially the Carmel series. 

BD is not the big scheduling draw it used to be.  Nobody from out of state is breaking down the walls to play BD.  Penn walked away years ago.  I doubt any of the current 3 head coaches will still be in their posts in 3 years.  New people with new ideas and new attitudes are coming in.  Old school football people, in both athletics and administration, are disappearing quickly.  It was new gen admins who voted CA and CG out of The MIC.  

6 hours ago, DT said:

BD is not the big scheduling draw it used to be.  Nobody from out of state is breaking down the walls to play BD.  Penn walked away years ago.  I doubt any of the current 3 head coaches will still be in their posts in 3 years.  New people with new ideas and new attitudes are coming in.  Old school football people, in both athletics and administration, are disappearing quickly.  It was new gen admins who voted CA and CG out of The MIC.  

I’ll take you up on that bet. You really think that Ben Davis, Carmel, and CG will have new coaches in just 3 years? Come on now. Simmons is there to stay and is plenty young, Hebert is there to stay, and Moore has not lost in 2 years. I believe he is there for longer than 3 years.

6 hours ago, DT said:

I’m not sure you want to use Penn as an example to prove your point.  They are a shell of their former selves.  That decision now looks more so like a business decision for them and not due to BD “not being a scheduling draw.”

9 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I’ll take you up on that bet. You really think that Ben Davis, Carmel, and CG will have new coaches in just 3 years? Come on now. Simmons is there to stay and is plenty young, Hebert is there to stay, and Moore has not lost in 2 years. I believe he is there for longer than 3 years.

Not all three.  No way.

21 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Indiana Fan

I consider you to be one of the most astute, respected and admired members of the GID Forum.

Im surprised by your response here.

Lets look at the facts :

Carmel :

Hebert is entering his 8th season.  Carmel coaches last on average  approx 7 seasons based on history  A bit like Notre Dame.  Super high profile, high expectations and demands, and burns coaches out eventually.  

Charles Waverly (1950-1950) 1-3-1
Charles Wave Myers (1951-1952) 12-3-2
unknown (1953-1955) 6-9-3
Dick Lamb (1954-1972) 22-26
Ron Hallam (1956-1956) 2-7
Dick Nyers (1958-1967) 69-24-5
Eric Clark (1968-1969) 15-5
Dick Dullaghan (1973-1979) 64-12
Jim Belden (1980-1996) 174-34
Keith Fiedler (1997-2004) 64-34
Mo Moriarity (2005-2009) 58-14

Kvin Wright (2010-2014)

54-10

John Hebert (2015-2021) 68-23
OVERALL 609-204-11

Ben Davis

Coach Simmons has the poorest winning % in Ben Davis modern football history, and i 1 game over .500 after 4 seasons.  I dont believe the BD admin is ready to accept this as the new standard.  

Coach Record
Bert Red Haviland (1937-1942) 15-29-4
Leo Lentz (1943-1943) 0-7
Chuck Stuckey (1944-1944) 1-7
Ralph Crock (1945-1948) 7-23-2
Lou Parnell (1949-1955) 31-26-1
John Masariu (1956-1958) 11-17
Woody Baker (1959-1960) 4-14-1
Trent Gipson (1961-1962) 2-18
Bill McClain (1963-1969) 19-48-3
Bob Britt (1970-1972) 6-23-1
Bob Wilbur (1973-1983) 59-53
Dick Dullaghan (1984-2003) 213-42
Tom Allen (2004-2006) 25-12
Mike Kirschner (2007-2017) 95-36
Jason Simmons (2018-2021) 25-24
OVERALL 513-379-12

Center Grove

Coach Moore is on a year to year arrangement, dependent primarily on his health.  

Edited by DT

1 hour ago, DT said:

Indiana Fan

I consider you to be one of the most astute, respected and admired members of the GID Forum.

Im surprised by your response here.

Lets look at the facts :

Carmel :

Hebert is entering his 8th season.  Carmel coaches last on average  approx 7 seasons based on history  A bit like Notre Dame.  Super high profile, high expectations and demands, and burns coaches out eventually.  

Charles Waverly (1950-1950) 1-3-1
Charles Wave Myers (1951-1952) 12-3-2
unknown (1953-1955) 6-9-3
Dick Lamb (1954-1972) 22-26
Ron Hallam (1956-1956) 2-7
Dick Nyers (1958-1967) 69-24-5
Eric Clark (1968-1969) 15-5
Dick Dullaghan (1973-1979) 64-12
Jim Belden (1980-1996) 174-34
Keith Fiedler (1997-2004) 64-34
Mo Moriarity (2005-2009) 58-14

Kvin Wright (2010-2014)

54-10

John Hebert (2015-2021) 68-23
OVERALL 609-204-11

Ben Davis

Coach Simmons has the poorest winning % in Ben Davis modern football history, and i 1 game over .500 after 4 seasons.  I dont believe the BD admin is ready to accept this as the new standard.  

Coach Record
Bert Red Haviland (1937-1942) 15-29-4
Leo Lentz (1943-1943) 0-7
Chuck Stuckey (1944-1944) 1-7
Ralph Crock (1945-1948) 7-23-2
Lou Parnell (1949-1955) 31-26-1
John Masariu (1956-1958) 11-17
Woody Baker (1959-1960) 4-14-1
Trent Gipson (1961-1962) 2-18
Bill McClain (1963-1969) 19-48-3
Bob Britt (1970-1972) 6-23-1
Bob Wilbur (1973-1983) 59-53
Dick Dullaghan (1984-2003) 213-42
Tom Allen (2004-2006) 25-12
Mike Kirschner (2007-2017) 95-36
Jason Simmons (2018-2021) 25-24
OVERALL 513-379-12

Center Grove

Coach Moore is on a year to year arrangement, dependent primarily on his health.  

I’ll place the current odds in 2025 at:

Hebert:  30 percent chance

Simmons:  70 percent chance

Moore:  50 percent chance

in terms of LEAVING.