Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference Thread (MIC)

34 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Center Grove would have been the best team in either state last year but Michigan has some very good top end teams. Michigan produces a ton of top end talent however, much more than Indiana.

Indiana has a population of less than 7 million. Michigan has almost half again as many.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:02 AM, DT said:

BD is not the big scheduling draw it used to be.  Nobody from out of state is breaking down the walls to play BD.  Penn walked away years ago.  I doubt any of the current 3 head coaches will still be in their posts in 3 years.  New people with new ideas and new attitudes are coming in.  Old school football people, in both athletics and administration, are disappearing quickly.  It was new gen admins who voted CA and CG out of The MIC.  

Penn did not walk away. They dropped Ben Davis because they had to pick up Mishawaka. They wanted to come back after a couple of years, but BD opted to go with a long term deal with Pike to play week 2. Of course, a couple of years later Pike joined the MIC. BD then signed Avon. Penn wanted to continue to play BD, but the Giants wanted schedule stability.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:13 PM, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

tutsie is back as d-coord at warren so the grit and toughness should be back

Surprises me that Mike Kirschner would hire Steve Tutsie. It was my understanding that they did not have a particularly close relationship, but maybe I'm wrong. Interesting.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:02 AM, DT said:

I doubt any of the current 3 head coaches will still be in their posts in 3 years.  New people with new ideas and new attitudes are coming in.  Old school football people, in both athletics and administration, are disappearing quickly.  It was new gen admins who voted CA and CG out of The MIC.  

Boy, a lot to process here. I do think Coach Moore's health will be the determining factor, but barring some major collapse, I don't see Simmons or Hebert as in trouble. The "new gen" admins...what a joke. John Clark had been at Ben Davis for 49 years when he retired in June and had been assistant AD or AD for appoximately 20. The BD principal has been here longer than me as a teacher and admin.

What happened was that Center Grove and Carmel made it clear that they had applied for membership in the HCC in December. This was after several denials. Then, they got voted out. They were on the way out. The rest of the MIC said, here's the door. This idea that some "new gen" admins were at work here is silly. They left the MIC because they wanted to leave the MIC for other opportunities, but, as it turned out, the HCC said no.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Penn did not walk away. They dropped Ben Davis because they had to pick up Mishawaka. They wanted to come back after a couple of years, but BD opted to go with a long term deal with Pike to play week 2. Of course, a couple of years later Pike joined the MIC. BD then signed Avon. Penn wanted to continue to play BD, but the Giants wanted schedule stability.

That game had run its course.  BD was dominating when the series ended

20 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Boy, a lot to process here. I do think Coach Moore's health will be the determining factor, but barring some major collapse, I don't see Simmons or Hebert as in trouble. The "new gen" admins...what a joke. John Clark had been at Ben Davis for 49 years when he retired in June and had been assistant AD or AD for appoximately 20. The BD principal has been here longer than me as a teacher and admin.

What happened was that Center Grove and Carmel made it clear that they had applied for membership in the HCC in December. This was after several denials. Then, they got voted out. They were on the way out. The rest of the MIC said, here's the door. This idea that some "new gen" admins were at work here is silly. They left the MIC because they wanted to leave the MIC for other opportunities, but, as it turned out, the HCC said no.

Attitudes dont change overnite.  And I doubt that BD vote was driven by just the opinions of one man.  

On 7/9/2022 at 2:21 PM, BDGiant93 said:

Several denials huh?  Please tell us more.

• Like 1

ill remember this post when warren surprises alot of folks..... i remember it happening when wright took over, when hart took over, when wright left, when west took over and when kirsch came back. their schedule is tough but i believe in kirsch and especially TUTSIE. and trust me, in the trenches, WC is being dragged through the mud, just like BD, LC, AND the rest of the MIC since the "good ole boy" schools like carmel and CG aint there no more, but we all know why that is....nevertheless, the BEST FB is in the MIC.....GOOD luck to em all

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

ill remember this post when warren surprises alot of folks..... i remember it happening when wright took over, when hart took over, when wright left, when west took over and when kirsch came back. their schedule is tough but i believe in kirsch and especially TUTSIE. and trust me, in the trenches, WC is being dragged through the mud, just like BD, LC, AND the rest of the MIC since the "good ole boy" schools like carmel and CG aint there no more, but we all know why that is....nevertheless, the BEST FB is in the MIC.....GOOD luck to em all

So much to unpack here but I won’t waste my time.

Good luck to Warren this fall.

1 hour ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

Don't worry about temp. He's a known MIC hater on this Forum, especially WC and BD. He took a few days off, but looks like he's back in full force commenting on every comment on the Forum.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Don't worry about temp. He's a known MIC hater on this Forum, especially WC and BD. He took a few days off, but looks like he's back in full force commenting on every comment on the Forum.

“He's a known truth teller on this Forum.”

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Still gonna coach or...?

That’s a great question.  Currently have three coaches (including Kirschner) on the staff with previous head coaching experience.

Common sense would dictate at a school that large that it is impossible to do both of those jobs effectively, no?

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

That’s a great question.  Currently have three coaches (including Kirschner) on the staff with previous head coaching experience.

Common sense would dictate at a school that large that it is impossible to do both of those jobs effectively, no?

You would think that would be a lot for one man's plate. Very interesting development here. 

4 hours ago, temptation said:

“He's a known truth teller on this Forum.”

Fixed it for you.

just had a discussion about you on FB, found out who you are and i cant expect anything less that what ive seen here. But a few coaches and parents warned me about you before i even got on here and even today said the same thing. Its like a hybrid mix of whitlock, bayless, stephen A and sam acho....

3 minutes ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

just had a discussion about you on FB, found out who you are and i cant expect anything less that what ive seen here. But a few coaches and parents warned me about you before i even got on here and even today said the same thing. Its like a hybrid mix of whitlock, bayless, stephen A and sam acho....

Cool.

On 7/12/2022 at 7:18 PM, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

Not sure the significance of your comment, other than a negative attempt to shut someone up that challenges you or you don't agree with.  Pretty bold for someone that I believe is pretty new to the forum.

But then again, what do I know?  I think you referenced two schools that some of my family members attended or currently live in the area as "good old boys".....which is a very interesting stereotype.

Edited by Bash Riprock

14 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not sure the significance of your comment, other than a negative attempt to shut someone up that challenges you or you don't agree with.  Pretty bold for someone that I believe is pretty new to the forum.

But then again, what do I know?  I think you referenced two schools that some of my family members attended or currently live in the area as "good old boys".....which is a very interesting stereotype.

My thoughts also…and I’m not convinced he/she is as certain regarding “who I am” as they think.  Some people only surround themselves with others who hold their same opinions, which is boring to me.

I’ve gone down this road with a couple of other posters.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

My thoughts also…and I’m not convinced he/she is as certain regarding “who I am” as they think.  Some people only surround themselves with others who hold their same opinions, which is boring to me.

Im thinking you should take off the makeup like Gene and Paul and reveal yourself.  

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Oh trust i am, im certain, but thats beyond the point....your bashing of the MIC, especially passive bashing of WC is what i noticed before i even got back on here...but like i said ill note that....

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

good ole boys, and i meant it, id say it with my chest, and on ppv if i could. everybody knows how carmel and CG is, it aint no secret, its been like that since the early 2000's....

1 hour ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

good ole boys, and i meant it, id say it with my chest, and on ppv if i could. everybody knows how carmel and CG is, it aint no secret, its been like that since the early 2000's....

Are you certain "everybody" feels the way you do, or do you need for everyone to feel this way in order to validate your personal feelings?  Regardless, I am sorry you feel the way you do....but not sorry enough to lose much sleep over it.

I have very much enjoyed the competition with WC over a great many years. (from youth to through high school) consider the Warriors to be an excellent program, and will continue to cheer for WC kids as they move from high school to the college ranks.  

22 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Are you certain "everybody" feels the way you do, or do you need for everyone to feel this way in order to validate your personal feelings?  Regardless, I am sorry you feel the way you do....but not sorry enough to lose much sleep over it.

I have very much enjoyed the competition with WC over a great many years. (from youth to through high school) consider the Warriors to be an excellent program, and will continue to cheer for WC kids as they move from high school to the college ranks.  

i can respect you for that, i watched how the "people" of CG and carmel have treated the WC fans over the years, ive heard the comments, ask those on the far east side theyll speak my fellow sentiments. is it everyone at carmel and cg, NO, but a great number...i respect coach moore, but i KNOW how carmel is, especially when wright was there, but glad theyre gone from the MIC.....as one parent said, its too much "urbanism" for their kids