Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Mid Southern Conference Thread (MSC)

Mid-Southern Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Brownstown Central 6-0 1.000   11-1 0.917   3A 31
Silver Creek 4-1 0.800   5-4 0.556   4A 23
Charlestown 5-2 0.714   7-3 0.700   3A 31
Salem 3-2 0.600   6-3 0.667   3A 32
Scottsburg 3-3 0.500   6-4 0.600   3A 31
North Harrison 2-5 0.286   4-6 0.400   3A 32
Corydon Central 0-6 0.000   0-9 0.000   3A 32
Eastern (Pekin) 0-4 0.000   0-7 0.000  

2A 3

BC stands head and shoulders above this group with several climbers looking to close the gap on Reed May's Braves. 

5 minutes ago, Cameojoe said:

Should be a fun season. I’ve been off of here for a few years but found my way back. Wonder if any of my old buddies are still here 

Well well well..... look who's back. As far if any of us are still around? Uh...couple of us. 😂

• Like 1

This conference has some of the best coaching in the state.  Reed May at Brownstown is a HOF Coach with one of the highest winning percentages in state history.  Dave Papenhaus at SC, Kyle Mullin at Scottsburg and Blair Thompson at Salem are all young , rising coaches who could be leading bigger programs in the future.  Charlestown's Jason Hawkins and Mark Williamson at North Harrison are veteran coaches who know how to win.  Solid group puts this league on a good footing.

Coach Thompson is good. We haven't beat them since 2016. Last years beatdown was worst I can remember. I wont cheer for them but can't deny they are trending in right direction. Makes me sick....😂😂

On 7/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, WWFan said:

Well well well..... look who's back. As far if any of us are still around? Uh...couple of us. 😂

Alright! My old dub dub friend. Yeah it’s been a while. The old site deleted my stuff and I kinda just forgot about this place for a while 

12 hours ago, Cameojoe said:

Alright! My old dub dub friend. Yeah it’s been a while. The old site deleted my stuff and I kinda just forgot about this place for a while 

Well you were gone during Creeks best seasons. If they drop off it must be your fault. Haha. I do love how they schedule non conference now. 

On 7/5/2022 at 7:27 PM, DT said:

This conference has some of the best coaching in the state.  Reed May at Brownstown is a HOF Coach with one of the highest winning percentages in state history.  Dave Papenhaus at SC, Kyle Mullin at Scottsburg and Blair Thompson at Salem are all young , rising coaches who could be leading bigger programs in the future.  Charlestown's Jason Hawkins and Mark Williamson at North Harrison are veteran coaches who know how to win.  Solid group puts this league on a good footing.

I know a few bigger schools that could use guys like them.

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I know a few bigger schools that could use guys like them.

If were a big 5A southern Indiana school looking to make a change in the near future, I would start with Papenhaus and Mullin on my short list.  

On 7/7/2022 at 6:54 AM, WWFan said:

Well you were gone during Creeks best seasons. If they drop off it must be your fault. Haha. I do love how they schedule non conference now. 

I moved out of state a couple of years ago. So I missed the basketball titles and all lol. Maybe me leaving was good for the school.

• Haha 1

MSC is always tough.  History says Btown is the favorite till someone knocks them off their throne!!  I know they are young, but May has them ready every season.  Creek has athletes, so I believe it is a 2 horse race.  A slew of even teams and question marks from there.  Corydon has skill kids that are very good, probably some of the best in the conference, question mark will be up front across the line.  Charlestown is always a threat, Hawkins is a good coach and seems to find the W's as the season progresses.  NH can compete with that offense, can the D find enough stops.  Salem lost a bunch of seniors, but has some potential players, can they get past the middle of the pack?  Scottsburg could be the surprise team in the MSC in my opinion.  They have improved year after year with coach Mullins, will this season be their breakout year?  Eastern is another one that is hard to call, big upfront, numbers could be an issue however.  We shall see as pre season heats up in the next couple weeks.  Should help everyone get a feel as to where they are.  So looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Cameojoe said:

I wonder how long b-town will be able to run the conference being in 2A

Hey....you. yea you. We went back to the PLAC/MSC combo thread for pick ems....ya know....if ya wanna watch me win. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cameojoe said:

I wonder how long b-town will be able to run the conference being in 2A

Moving down a class doesn't hurt BC. They've ran it in 2A before and it helps them move through the tourney without having to face Lawrenceburg, Gibson, Southridge, or Heritage Hills.

The big question is how long until SC joins the HHC. Their numbers will explode when the new school is finished.