Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 North Central Conference Thread (NCC)

North Central Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Harrison (West Lafayette) 5-0 1.000   8-2 0.800   5A 12
Lafayette Jefferson 6-1 0.857   7-4 0.636   6A 1
Indianapolis Tech 4-2 0.667   6-5 0.545   6A 6
Kokomo 4-2 0.667   8-3 0.727   5A 12
Logansport 3-2 0.600   5-3 0.625   4A 18
Marion 4-3 0.571   4-5 0.444   4A 20
Anderson 2-2 0.500   2-5 0.286   5A 12
McCutcheon 1-5 0.167   1-8 0.111   5A 12
Muncie Central 1-6 0.143   1-9 0.100   4A 21
Richmond 0-7 0.000   2-9 0.182   4A 21

Lafayette schools beginning to dominate NCC play.  Rest of conference in catch up mode.  

On 7/3/2022 at 12:38 AM, DT said:
North Central Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Harrison (West Lafayette) 5-0 1.000   8-2 0.800   5A 12
Lafayette Jefferson 6-1 0.857   7-4 0.636   6A 1
Indianapolis Tech 4-2 0.667   6-5 0.545   6A 6
Kokomo 4-2 0.667   8-3 0.727   5A 12
Logansport 3-2 0.600   5-3 0.625   4A 18
Marion 4-3 0.571   4-5 0.444   4A 20
Anderson 2-2 0.500   2-5 0.286   5A 12
McCutcheon 1-5 0.167   1-8 0.111   5A 12
Muncie Central 1-6 0.143   1-9 0.100   4A 21
Richmond 0-7 0.000   2-9 0.182   4A 21

Lafayette schools beginning to dominate NCC play.  Rest of conference in catch up mode.  

1. Jeff

2. Kokomo 

3. Harrison

58 minutes ago, temptation said:

Arsenal Tech just announced this upcoming school year will be its final in the NCC citing “travel issues.”

Could it be happening @DT?

I think so

37 minutes ago, DT said:

I think so

Can you name a sport not named basketball in which they’d compete for a conference title?

Hell, did they even compete for a conference title in anything in the NCC?

Couldn’t even field full squads in some sports, lol.

Edited by temptation

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

Can you name a sport not named basketball in which they’d compete for a conference title?

Carmel and Center grove accounted for approx 75% of the conference titles in the MIC.  

BD and WC have had the same problems fielding teams that tech would have.

It would probably be in the best interests of the New MIC to drop many sports from the current menu due to excessively low participation.

Tennis, Golf, X country, swimming.  Are any of these really necessary?  All very expensive to participate and train for.

North Central could compete independently in all of these sports.  

Thats a lot of dollars that MIC schools can funnel back in to their main participation sports.  

We are going to see athletic menu cutbacks coming soon.  Might as well start with The New MIC

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

It appears they finished third in the NCC in Football last year if that graphic above is correct.

How far has McCutcheon fallen? 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

It appears they finished third in the NCC in Football last year if that graphic above is correct.

McCutcheon will show considerable improvement this year under new Coach Josh Strasser

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

And they didn’t play the top two teams in the conference and lost by four touchdowns to the team that finished fourth…

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, DT said:

McCutcheon will show considerable improvement this year under new Coach Josh Strasser

I guess....

Perplexing how a team in the upper half of 5A in terms of enrollment and less than 50% F/R/L can go 1-8, especially in that conference. No place to go but up though. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DT said:

Tennis, Golf, X country, swimming.  Are any of these really necessary?  All very expensive to participate and train for.

What!?!?!?

XC has to have the absolute LOWEST $$ OVERHEAD of any sport!

🤡

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I guess....

Perplexing how a team in the upper half of 5A in terms of enrollment and less than 50% F/R/L can go 1-8, especially in that conference. No place to go but up though. 

They don’t work as hard or want it as much as Cathedral does in the off-season obviously…though according to you, no one does.

McCutcheon has had  few very down football classes, while their competitors have improved significantly over the past several seasons (Harrison/Jeff/WLF/Kokomo/Logan) 

Longtime Coach Ken Frauhiger stepped down and Coordinator Strasser was named to the open position.  

Check out Strasser interview link below where he addresses state of the program and go forward plans.  

https://www.facebook.com/page/107360041590757/search/?q=mccutcheon

5 hours ago, temptation said:

On the boys' side, they won NCC title in soccer in 2018 and 2019.  In everything else, nothing since 1960 or so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DT said:

At 1-8 last season, considerable improvement will be pretty much anything unless they catch COVID again.

The will likely be, at best, 1-6 by the end of September.  That 1 will likely come against Muncie Central ... a team that went 1-9 last season.  The two in October are likely to be 50/50 and that includes AT who everyone is talking about being outclassed who beat McCutcheon at McCutcheon last season.  They are likely looking at 2-7 by the tourney with a little luck in October and 3-6 with a major bit of luck.  And that's where the luck ends as they will face Decatur Central, Plainfield, or Harrison in Round 1 of the tourney.  Basically hope to roll a 13 with two regular die.

They may get better in the future and may start in building this season, but would not expect to see what would be considered "considerable improvement" being a major luck scenario that sees 3-7 with wins over AT, Marion, and Muncie Central and, more likely a result that probably ends up 2-8. 

21 minutes ago, foxbat said:

At 1-8 last season, considerable improvement will be pretty much anything unless they catch COVID again.

The will likely be, at best, 1-6 by the end of September.  That 1 will likely come against Muncie Central ... a team that went 1-9 last season.  The two in October are likely to be 50/50 and that includes AT who everyone is talking about being outclassed who beat McCutcheon at McCutcheon last season.  They are likely looking at 2-7 by the tourney with a little luck in October and 3-6 with a major bit of luck.  And that's where the luck ends as they will face Decatur Central, Plainfield, or Harrison in Round 1 of the tourney.  Basically hope to roll a 13 with two regular die.

They may get better in the future and may start in building this season, but would not expect to see what would be considered "considerable improvement" being a major luck scenario that sees 3-7 with wins over AT, Marion, and Muncie Central and, more likely a result that probably ends up 2-8. 

Most coaches in it for the long run would be thrilled to improve to 3 wins from 1 win in year one.  MAC has neither she speed and skill of Jeff nor the size of Harrison.  Strasser knows exactly what he is getting in to.  He probably also sees this conference blowing up in the near future and wants a seat at the table when the new league is created.  

8 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol.

FRL is your only talking point and your whole schtick and reason for being here. You rehash it in every thread you post in.

You made the parameters, not me.

Let me rephrase…

the passive aggressive way in which you MOCK and downplay FRL consistently.

You really do have some great traits/characteristics and know your stuff.  You should show that side of yourself more often.

Edited by temptation

10 hours ago, DT said:

Most coaches in it for the long run would be thrilled to improve to 3 wins from 1 win in year one.  MAC has neither she speed and skill of Jeff nor the size of Harrison.  Strasser knows exactly what he is getting in to.  He probably also sees this conference blowing up in the near future and wants a seat at the table when the new league is created.  

Given that outside of last season, McCutcheon hasn't been the victim of a 3-win-or-less season since 2012, I'm thinking that "thrilled" isn't the way I would look at a 3-win season if I were McCutcheon.  Those three wins would require McCutcheon to beat AT, Marion, and Muncie Central.  For a little context:

• AT is the team that folks have been talking about in other threads as being so bad and that they should go to the MIC for other-than-football reasons.  In the four meetings with Tech since 1994, McCutcheon is 3-1; dropping last season's match, at home, 34-28.  Given the shade thrown at Tech in other threads, a win over Tech by McCutcheon would be fairly status quo.
  • Since 2014, McCutcheon is 8 for 8 on beating Muncie Central.  If you toss in the old Muncie South, then they have met 12 times with McCutcheon holding a commanding 11-1 lead in the series ... their last loss coming to Muncie south in 2000.  A win there would/should be status quo. 
  • Marion and McCutcheon have met four times since 1994.  The series is tied 2-2 with Marion winning the last two in 2021 and 2020; outscoring the Mavs 25.5 to 6.6 across those two games.  Picking up a win over Marion wouldn't be status quo, at least based on the last two seasons, and fits into my major-bit-of-luck scenario leading to a 3-win season.

While three wins would be good for the start of the Strasser era, I just don't see it as being anything in the realm of considerable improvement ... again since McCutcheon hasn't seen a 3-win-or-less season since 2012, they will likely consider considerable improvement being an even or winning season and getting some wins against teams other than Muncie Central, Anderson, and Richmond.  Incidentally, I would be quite surprised if Coach Strasser's spending any time at all right now conjecturing about the fate of the NCC and grabbing a piece of the Iron Throne in a new Westeros.  As you pointed out, he knows what he's getting into and right now, and I expect that he's spending pretty close to 100% of his time working on his Xs and Os and Jimmies and Joes and not a whole bunch of time playing negotiating strategies of where a team that he just inherited might be able to curry favor in a yet-to-exist league ... maybe the AD might be thinking about it, but I suspect that Coach Strasser's focus is 100% on the team and this season.

17 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Given that outside of last season, McCutcheon hasn't been the victim of a 3-win-or-less season since 2012, I'm thinking that "thrilled" isn't the way I would look at a 3-win season if I were McCutcheon.  Those three wins would require McCutcheon to beat AT, Marion, and Muncie Central.  For a little context:

• AT is the team that folks have been talking about in other threads as being so bad and that they should go to the MIC for other-than-football reasons.  In the four meetings with Tech since 1994, McCutcheon is 3-1; dropping last season's match, at home, 34-28.  Given the shade thrown at Tech in other threads, a win over Tech by McCutcheon would be fairly status quo.
  • Since 2014, McCutcheon is 8 for 8 on beating Muncie Central.  If you toss in the old Muncie South, then they have met 12 times with McCutcheon holding a commanding 11-1 lead in the series ... their last loss coming to Muncie south in 2000.  A win there would/should be status quo. 
  • Marion and McCutcheon have met four times since 1994.  The series is tied 2-2 with Marion winning the last two in 2021 and 2020; outscoring the Mavs 25.5 to 6.6 across those two games.  Picking up a win over Marion wouldn't be status quo, at least based on the last two seasons, and fits into my major-bit-of-luck scenario leading to a 3-win season.

While three wins would be good for the start of the Strasser era, I just don't see it as being anything in the realm of considerable improvement ... again since McCutcheon hasn't seen a 3-win-or-less season since 2012, they will likely consider considerable improvement being an even or winning season and getting some wins against teams other than Muncie Central, Anderson, and Richmond.  Incidentally, I would be quite surprised if Coach Strasser's spending any time at all right now conjecturing about the fate of the NCC and grabbing a piece of the Iron Throne in a new Westeros.  As you pointed out, he knows what he's getting into and right now, and I expect that he's spending pretty close to 100% of his time working on his Xs and Os and Jimmies and Joes and not a whole bunch of time playing negotiating strategies of where a team that he just inherited might be able to curry favor in a yet-to-exist league ... maybe the AD might be thinking about it, but I suspect that Coach Strasser's focus is 100% on the team and this season.

What's been the downfall of McCutcheon?

Jeff and Harrison are continuing on an upward trajectory and West Lafayette is one of the best public school programs in the state. 

38 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Nice piece of writing .  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I get the sense Strasser intends to embark on a total program overhaul, top to bottom and everything in between.  The roster is devoid of talent and depth and will take time to rebuild.  I dont think they are in any hurry.