Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Patoka Lake Athletic Conference (PLAC)

PLAC Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Springs Valley 3-0 1.000   9-2 0.818   1A 48
Perry Central 4-1 0.800   7-3 0.700   1A 48
Paoli 3-1 0.750   7-3 0.700   2A 39
Mitchell 1-3 0.250   3-6 0.333   2A 39
West Washington 1-3 0.250   4-5 0.444   1A 48
Crawford County 0-4 0.000   2-6 0.250  

2A 40

Mitchell reloads with a new staff and the Top 3 look to battle it out again in 2022.  

On 7/3/2022 at 5:43 AM, DT said:
PLAC Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Springs Valley 3-0 1.000   9-2 0.818   1A 48
Perry Central 4-1 0.800   7-3 0.700   1A 48
Paoli 3-1 0.750   7-3 0.700   2A 39
Mitchell 1-3 0.250   3-6 0.333   2A 39
West Washington 1-3 0.250   4-5 0.444   1A 48
Crawford County 0-4 0.000   2-6 0.250  

2A 40

Mitchell reloads with a new staff and the Top 3 look to battle it out again in 2022.  

Disappointing end for the commodores last year.

Yes, it was.  We were a young team last year, only graduating 5 seniors, 3 starters on offense and 3 on defense.

This year we moved up to 2A and into Sectional 40 with perennial powerhouse Mater Dei as well.  But we have a great group of kids back who played a lot of football last year and we are looking to compete for sure! 

Should be an interesting season. Valley lost a ton. I'm curious how they bounce back. Not sure how much paoli lost but they have their running back still so I'm sure they will be good. Should be an interesting season. 

3 hours ago, WWFan said:

Should be an interesting season. Valley lost a ton. I'm curious how they bounce back. Not sure how much paoli lost but they have their running back still so I'm sure they will be good. Should be an interesting season. 

JQWL would know for sure but I think Paoli lost something like 17 seniors.  But they will reload I am sure.

WW after a year under their new coach is looking to get back to the top of the heap as well.

Valley lost a bunch but have some good kids around and Coach Lowe had them playing last year!

Mitchell is the big question mark.  New coach, new offense, new defense, new culture...they have had some potential in the past few years and just haven't been able to put it together.

Paoli lost quite a bit from last year. Looking to replace 4 out of 5 OL, 2 Slotbacks, 2 WRs and a QB offensively. Defensively, we are replacing 2 out of 3 DL, 2 out of 4 LBs, and all 4 DBs. But every school is replacing guys. We did scrimmage Jeffersonville and Salem right before break. I don't think there were any surprises in what we saw. We were missing some guys we really wanted to look at to see if they could give us some depth but the guys on the field looked like they knew what was going on.

• Like 2

Dang WW Fan, no love for the Senators? LOL.  I believe they might surprise some people.  We shall see.  If I was ranking the conference right now, I see it as this:

1.  Perry

2.  Paoli

3.  Valley

4.  WW

5.  Mitchell

6.  CC

It is so hard to predict in the off season, especially after last season and no JV games to speak of, so it is hard to say how much your young players are going to be able to impact your teams.  I do believe WW has a good crop of young players that can impact their season, it is just going to come down on how much they have improved during the off season.  Good luck to all the PLAC teams. 

1 hour ago, salemalumpres said:

Dang WW Fan, no love for the Senators? LOL.  I believe they might surprise some people.  We shall see.  If I was ranking the conference right now, I see it as this:

1.  Perry

2.  Paoli

3.  Valley

4.  WW

5.  Mitchell

6.  CC

It is so hard to predict in the off season, especially after last season and no JV games to speak of, so it is hard to say how much your young players are going to be able to impact your teams.  I do believe WW has a good crop of young players that can impact their season, it is just going to come down on how much they have improved during the off season.  Good luck to all the PLAC teams. 

Trying to be as unbiased as possible. Haha. They return all but 2..maybe 3 starters and still almost all Jr/So. A year in the weightroom should help. They had no outside run game or much of a passing game last year (which hurts my soul). Ill be curious if they tweak the offense at all. Team also played better then some scores indicate but man when the wheels fell off they really collapsed. Obviously all first year starters last year after losing every starter off back to back semi state teams. I like alot of the kids. Chase, Holloway, Strother, Cruz...I could go on about a bunch. Just gotta hope year 2 is smoother and they are faster and stronger. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, WWFan said:

Rock Creek has been removed from Harrells. Leaves WW with an apparent week 6 opening. I assume it's numbers related. Also would cut us out a sectional opp. 

I was told no football this year for the Rock Creek HS and Junior High programs.

12 hours ago, JQWL said:

I was told no football this year for the Rock Creek HS and Junior High programs.

You hate that for the program, but it also really puts a lot of teams in a pinch at the last minute. I hope the teams are able to fill their open weeks. I did see at least Clarksville was able to fill their open date with Greenwood Christian. Salem has week 5 open and now so does South Decatur. Maybe that could work out. 

On 7/12/2022 at 1:24 PM, salemalumpres said:

1.  Perry

2.  Paoli

3.  Valley

4.  WW

5.  Mitchell

6.  CC

Two clear favorites in Paoli and Perry.

3-5 will be interesting to see between Valley, WW, and Mitchell.

Can CC shock some people? Over the summer the rumor was going around about them having a large number of kids out.

For the 'jackets, they will replace some skill pieces. Losing Mundy hurts, but Kale England did get some reps throughout the season at QB. The strength of this crew will be in the trenches. 

Huge Coach Kling fan! Kids love him and he has a plan. He's doing a great job building up the youth and JH programs as well. Excited to see what this will look like 2-3 years down the road. 

1 hour ago, Bluejacket1 said:

Two clear favorites in Paoli and Perry.

3-5 will be interesting to see between Valley, WW, and Mitchell.

Can CC shock some people? Over the summer the rumor was going around about them having a large number of kids out.

For the 'jackets, they will replace some skill pieces. Losing Mundy hurts, but Kale England did get some reps throughout the season at QB. The strength of this crew will be in the trenches. 

Huge Coach Kling fan! Kids love him and he has a plan. He's doing a great job building up the youth and JH programs as well. Excited to see what this will look like 2-3 years down the road. 

Agree about the future here too. WW Jr High last year went 5-1-1. 2 cancelations due to covid. Our loss was to Crawford County so maybe that's a positive sign for them. I do know our youth league has 80+ kids signed up this year (grades 3-6). They are forming 4 teams. Not sure how our varsity or JR high will be this year but definitely seem to have a great foundation forming. 

That's good to hear about mitchell and from what pictures I've seen the new facilities are going to be amazing!! Can't wait to visit there again. 

• 2 weeks later...