Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

2022 Wabash River Conference Thread (WRC)

Wabash River Conference   Overall   Class
W-L Pct.   W-L Pct.   Sectional
Parke Heritage 6-0 1.000   10-3 0.769   1A 45
Covington 5-2 0.714   8-3 0.727   1A 45
Seeger 4-2 0.667   5-5 0.500   2A 37
North Vermillion 4-3 0.571   5-5 0.500   1A 45
South Vermillion 3-3 0.500   4-6 0.400   2A 37
Fountain Central 2-5 0.286   3-7 0.300   1A 45
Riverton Parke 1-5 0.167   4-7 0.364   1A 45
Attica 0-5 0.000   0-7 0.000   1A 42

Brian Moore stepped down at PH after leading the Wolves on a 5 Year journey to the top of the league.  Half of the conference teams open season with new staffs.  Who is ready to take down PH and assume the mantle at the top of the WRC?

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Hoosier21 said:

Probably gonna be NV or SV. IDK how but NV has been on the field for weeks. I don’t think Covington or Seeger have a shot. They have lost to many players from last year. Not sure about RP

Hoosier21 - I don't follow many of these schools here. What makes you think Parke Heritage and Covington will decline this year and the Vermillion's rising above them? Anything specific on those 4 teams?

When I say this it’s only opinion. No real knowledge of it. 

PH- W/ the loss of their Head Coach and star QB they will step back a bit and no longer lead the WRC. 

COV- New HC, Star QB gone, limited people to fill in at QB, and some players said to be not returning  

NV- They started looking better last season and have continued to build.  I’m sure they will return strong  

SV- Just a guess here, not sure who they have lost

FC- I think Herb King is looking to make a statement with his new team. All the sudden everything at FC is about football and building a team. Although I think they will fall short this year

Attica- Do they even have a team?

RP-  ?

Seeger- I’ve heard they are a complete mess, with limited practice time and a new coaching staff.  They have some strong players, but I think they abandoned their program last year

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hoosier21 said:

When I say this it’s only opinion. No real knowledge of it. 

PH- W/ the loss of their Head Coach and star QB they will step back a bit and no longer lead the WRC. 

COV- New HC, Star QB gone, limited people to fill in at QB, and some players said to be not returning  

NV- They started looking better last season and have continued to build.  I’m sure they will return strong  

SV- Just a guess here, not sure who they have lost

FC- I think Herb King is looking to make a statement with his new team. All the sudden everything at FC is about football and building a team. Although I think they will fall short this year

RP-  ?

Seeger- I’ve heard they are a complete mess, with limited practice time and a new coaching staff.  They have some strong players, but I think they abandoned their program last year

But is anybody good enough to step up and fill the void?   With the Moore Son-Father coaching duo in place, I've got to think NV is the team to watch out for in the WRC.  Brian Moore didnt leave PH after building that program up to sit in the WRC basement .  The Moore's clearly have a plan, and it will probably happen very quickly.  

22 hours ago, Hoosier21 said:

How the mighty have fallen.  Wasn't it just a few short years ago that these two programs were the class of the WRC?

3 minutes ago, DT said:

But is anybody good enough to step up and fill the void?   With the Moore Son-Father coaching duo in place, I've got to think NV is the team to watch out for in the WRC.  Brian Moore didnt leave PH after building that program up to sit in the WRC basement .  The Moore's clearly have a plan, and it will probably happen very quickly.  

You realize the Moore's are at North Putnam not North Vermillion, right?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

How the mighty have fallen.  Wasn't it just a few short years ago that these two programs were the class of the WRC?

Attica hasn’t won the WRC or a sectional since 2000. State runner up that year. 

Seegers hasn’t won the WRC since 2006 or a sectional since 2004 when they won class A. 
I don’t think that’s a few short years, I swear to God I don’t. 

15 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Attica hasn’t won the WRC or a sectional since 2000. State runner up that year. 

Seegers hasn’t won the WRC since 2006 or a sectional since 2004 when they won class A. 
I don’t think that’s a few short years, I swear to God I don’t. 

Thanks,  2000 was the last year I really thought about WRC football.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 1:59 PM, Muda69 said:

I would venture a guess to say that Fountain Central has been the class of the WRC over the long haul.  Occasionally one of the other schools would have a few solid classes and have a good 3-4 year run, but as it is with small schools talent is cyclical and these schools ride the roller coaster.  

My question is has Herb King now tied Brian Moore's record of coaching at the most WRC schools?  He's been at Rockville, Seeger & Fountain Central.  Moore was at Seeger, FC & Parke Heritage.  Does Herbie like Brian's sloppy seconds?

• Haha 2

On 7/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Ballhawk said:

I would venture a guess to say that Fountain Central has been the class of the WRC over the long haul.  Occasionally one of the other schools would have a few solid classes and have a good 3-4 year run, but as it is with small schools talent is cyclical and these schools ride the roller coaster.  

My question is has Herb King now tied Brian Moore's record of coaching at the most WRC schools?  He's been at Rockville, Seeger & Fountain Central.  Moore was at Seeger, FC & Parke Heritage.  Does Herbie like Brian's sloppy seconds?

Herb is actually ahead of Moore, because he was also at Covington. That gives him 50% of the WRC schools! Peaches and Herb rocks on!

41 minutes ago, TheTrain said:

Hearing that FC and Attica have low numbers this year. Both teams may not have enough to field a team. Does anyone know if they are going to have enough players?

Awesome first post, I swear to God it is. If season started tomorrow Attica couldn’t field a hoe team. Everyone should start looking for a replacement on their schedule. 
Second and foremost I was toad the Ponies have mid to high 30’s this year. Peaches and Herbs are bringing the numbers back up. I gotta go 

15 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Awesome first post, I swear to God it is. If season started tomorrow Attica couldn’t field a hoe team. Everyone should start looking for a replacement on their schedule. 
Second and foremost I was toad the Ponies have mid to high 30’s this year. Peaches and Herbs are bringing the numbers back up. I gotta go 

I was told that the scrimmage this week, that FC only had 16 players total. The ones on the sideline looked like junior high size .

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 1:56 PM, Guest said:

But they are not at NV....so it doesn't matter to the WRC....

23 minutes ago, NPCougarNation said:

That was already pointed out Mr. Obvious, I swear to God it was. That guy named Guest was just trying to act like he knew about the WRC and get some stuff going. I gotta go 

10 hours ago, NPCougarNation said:

What's the over/under on how long until they burn their bridges and pi** everyone off at NP?  There's usually a reason why coaches job hop so much.  It sounds like with his son it truly proves the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Hope it works out for the Cougars.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

What's the over/under on how long until they burn their bridges and pi** everyone off at NP?  There's usually a reason why coaches job hop so much.  It sounds like with his son it truly proves the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Hope it works out for the Cougars.

+100!