Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Wabash River Conference Thread (WRC)

On 8/9/2022 at 2:10 PM, NorthKnox94 said:

we scrimmaged with FC in july and they had 20ish

I was toad it’s up to lie 30’s now. I was hanging out at the Attica McDonald’s and a source said he saw about 16 for Attica but it looked like several girls were there. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 1:52 PM, wvigo13 said:

West Vigo is on the road the first two weeks at WRC schools South Vermillion and Parke Heritage. Looking forward to renewing the rivalry with SV. Not too sure what to expect in either game but it should be fun!

I wasn't on hand to witness but heard through the grapevine that RP gave the vikings some trouble and maybe a little more at their scrimmage. Did anyone witness?

10 hours ago, Air bud said:

I wasn't on hand to witness but heard through the grapevine that RP gave the vikings some trouble and maybe a little more at their scrimmage. Did anyone witness?

I also heard RP/West Vigo was a very competitive scrimmage. Very Physical. With maybe the Panthers having the advantage in the passing game?

However, I also heard both were without their starting QB's and RB's. Both teams will be fairly young this year with some older guys in key positions. 

9 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Maybe this is the year

Also heard the Panthers had nearly 150 kids playing football K-12, with nearly 40 each on the Jr. High and high school rosters. 

15 hours ago, Air bud said:

I didn't even know we scrimmaged RP. Must have been at the Eastern Greene thing.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:44 AM, Ballhawk said:

What's the over/under on how long until they burn their bridges and pi** everyone off at NP?  There's usually a reason why coaches job hop so much.  It sounds like with his son it truly proves the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Hope it works out for the Cougars.

Ok Ballhawks, I had to hit several McDonald’s to put all this together so here’s what I got.

First for Scott. It’s his first HC job. Where’d he job hop from? He was “released “ from Seegers last year before the season ended along with the HC. Can’t hop a job if you don’t have one STATE LAW!

For the legend. HC for 30 years with 4 schools. I kinda suck at math but that’s about 7 and a half years a school. Take out a year at Lafayette Jeffs and it’s 9.333333. He left Seegers to be AD at Fountain Centrals. He was assistant for 4 years before Rick Malones had to step down. He didn’t leave either school because they were pissed, although Seegers was mad he left the middle of the school year. FC people weren’t mad he went to Jeffs. He earned a shot at a big school. Heard different reasons why he left. With the Woofs I think he got pushed out there. He was hired to win a state title with the 2 schools consolidated. I was toad they threw a lot of money his way and were pissed they only got out of the sectional one time. 
Not everyone stays at a school for 50 years. I swear to God they don’t. 

15 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Ok Ballhawks, I had to hit several McDonald’s to put all this together so here’s what I got.

First for Scott. It’s his first HC job. Where’d he job hop from? He was “released “ from Seegers last year before the season ended along with the HC. Can’t hop a job if you don’t have one STATE LAW!

For the legend. HC for 30 years with 4 schools. I kinda suck at math but that’s about 7 and a half years a school. Take out a year at Lafayette Jeffs and it’s 9.333333. He left Seegers to be AD at Fountain Centrals. He was assistant for 4 years before Rick Malones had to step down. He didn’t leave either school because they were pissed, although Seegers was mad he left the middle of the school year. FC people weren’t mad he went to Jeffs. He earned a shot at a big school. Heard different reasons why he left. With the Woofs I think he got pushed out there. He was hired to win a state title with the 2 schools consolidated. I was toad they threw a lot of money his way and were pissed they only got out of the sectional one time. 
Not everyone stays at a school for 50 years. I swear to God they don’t. 

It's always sunny in Attica, isn't it Donnie?  You should get a job as their promoter.

I have a little more insight than I care to share, so let's get on with the season.  Good luck to everyone.  Hope they can all put a product on the field.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disdain 2

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

It's always sunny in Attica, isn't it Donnie?  You should get a job as their promoter.

I have a little more insight than I care to share, so let's get on with the season.  Good luck to everyone.  Hope they can all put a product on the field.

Same, @Ballhawk Same.  

• Haha 2
  • Disdain 2

Does anyone care where the Moores went? They weren’t doing anything where they were, PH amounted to nothing. Seeger should be called The Seeger Almosts. Could they have given the Knights a better opponent ?  Geez.   The WRC used to be a strong conference. ……. Used to be 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

I know stuff too, I swear to God I do. 

25 minutes ago, Hoosier21 said:

Does anyone care where the Moores went? They weren’t doing anything where they were, PH amounted to nothing. Seeger should be called The Seeger Almosts. Could they have given the Knights a better opponent ?  Geez.   The WRC used to be a strong conference. ……. Used to be 

Well several people have mentioned them so it’s at least crossed someone’s mind. I bet you were president of the Brian Moore fan club until he left and I’ll say it right to your face 

8 minutes ago, Ugminer said:

So at Park heritage do they accept cash at gate.  or is it like linton now an only accept either card or that online crap?

I checked twitter and they haven't sent out any ticket links this year so I think it's safe to assume you can buy tickets at the gate with cash.

I am late to the party.. which I regret.... but why is QB Johnson not playing?  honestly I saw several Juniors who contributed last year... NOT on the roster

this year.  I know PH loses a lot but this sure makes it tough on a new coach!

Miners have several areas of concern.... especially on defense at LB replacing Eslinger Brenneman and Smith...and others.  Also the DB area lost 3 of 4 starters.

Offensively.. again Eslinger to replace but Gennicks is back at qb, and Hunter Johns looks to move to RB from WB.... he has the burst and the heart, maybe not the size of Eslinger...  this creates a vacuum at WB where some youngters will get a shot.  Webb is back at WR, and Coach Oliver's son Paul already looks good as a freshman on both sides of the ball.  The strength will be the offensive line.   3 starters return, but also another who started week 1 and was injured and didn't come back til sectionals... and another kid who broke his leg the week before week one who would of also seen action.   Weakness is depth.  I am sure coaches will be getting younger guys in there to get reps in varsity when possible.   I know that a lot of moves were made defensively shifting guy to new spots, but they looked good in the scrimmage.   Gotta stay healthy!

21 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

I am late to the party.. which I regret.... but why is QB Johnson not playing?  honestly I saw several Juniors who contributed last year... NOT on the roster

this year.  I know PH loses a lot but this sure makes it tough on a new coach!

Miners have several areas of concern.... especially on defense at LB replacing Eslinger Brenneman and Smith...and others.  Also the DB area lost 3 of 4 starters.

Offensively.. again Eslinger to replace but Gennicks is back at qb, and Hunter Johns looks to move to RB from WB.... he has the burst and the heart, maybe not the size of Eslinger...  this creates a vacuum at WB where some youngters will get a shot.  Webb is back at WR, and Coach Oliver's son Paul already looks good as a freshman on both sides of the ball.  The strength will be the offensive line.   3 starters return, but also another who started week 1 and was injured and didn't come back til sectionals... and another kid who broke his leg the week before week one who would of also seen action.   Weakness is depth.  I am sure coaches will be getting younger guys in there to get reps in varsity when possible.   I know that a lot of moves were made defensively shifting guy to new spots, but they looked good in the scrimmage.   Gotta stay healthy!

Johnson and his mother moved to Alabama and he is enrolled at school there.  The others on the team from last year that are no longer there have since moved back to the school/s they transferred from.  This will be an entirely different looking PH team than the previous seasons.  Expect a running clock very early in this one.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:20 PM, CheapSeats said:

Johnson and his mother moved to Alabama and he is enrolled at school there.  The others on the team from last year that are no longer there have since moved back to the school/s they transferred from.  This will be an entirely different looking PH team than the previous seasons.  Expect a running clock very early in this one.

yes... I learned a lot of back story whilst sitting in the booth pre-game.  I knew they lost a bunch of talent with graduation, but didn't realize they had so many non-return players who contributed last year.  It was a whole new team and style of play.  I don't think anyone on the roster had a catch last year... and I think one kid had one carry rushing the ball last year.  Obviously the QB was a newcomer.  A lot of young players thrown in the fire...   but nobody was hurt, and towards the end I think they got more confidence (course against our JV kids).  I liked #14 Bordeaux...I think they need utilize him in a short passing game with his size.  Rector really had no chance passing as Linton ate up the PH line.  The lack of pass threat just unleashed the rush defense which smothered the Wolves from the get go.  Offensively Linton scored twice on 4 plays to start the game.  I had the O line of Linton with 28 pancake blocks.  But I think PH will be much improved as the season evolves.  Those young backs will learn, the QB...  the line...    I know they have West Vigo coming next...  but I hope the fans continue to back them and just know these sophs putting in the time now will lead to a solid programs if they stick with it.  I am not fond of the kids who just decide not to play because things look bad....I think that's weak.  I never saw the Johnson kid at QB... but I see his 2021 numbers... but I wouldn't hesitate to say his opposition in Alabama isn't going to be WRC level talent.   I wish good luck to him...  and to Parke Heritage.  Maybe it;s gonna be a rough year and not what they've been used to since  the consolidation... but they went out and took the lumps and keep playing to the end.  I didn't see any quit.  I'll be pulling for them.