Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana's Top High School Recruits Say NO to Tom Allen and Indiana Hoosier Football

4 hours ago, DT said:

4. IU staff turnover is the worst in the Big Ten and probably near the bottom in the Power 5 conferences.  This hurts recruiting, especially when Purdue has maintained good staff continuity under Brohm.

Lol.

Purdue went 4-8 and 2-4 the two years prior to last years breakout season. Purdue is on their 3rd defensive coordinator in 4 years and this offseason was the first time since 2019 where they haven’t fired the position. Purdue has gutted its position coaches on the defensive side of the ball multiple times in the last few years.

IU’s had two coordinators take head coaching positions elsewhere two of the last three years. That’s a good thing. IU fired OC Sheridan (thank God) and Charlton leaving for UNC allows Allen to go back to calling plays on the defensive side of the ball. McCullough left Notre Dame which isn’t surprising at all. Allen just plucked the defensive line coach from your savior PJ Fleck and hired RB and WR coaches who were coaching in the NFL last year.

Per usual, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Your blind hatred for Allen in favor of Brohm has clouded your judgement.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol.

Purdue went 4-8 and 2-4 the two years prior to last years breakout season. Purdue is on their 3rd defensive coordinator in 4 years and this offseason was the first time since 2019 where they haven’t fired the position. Purdue has gutted its position coaches on the defensive of the ball multiple times in the last few years.

IU’s had two coordinators take head coaching positions elsewhere two of the last three years. That’s a good thing. IU fired OC Sheridan (thank God) and Charlton leaving for UNC allows Allen to go back to calling plays on the defensive side of the ball. McCullough left Notre Dame which isn’t surprising at all. Allen just plucked the defensive line coach from your savior PJ Fleck and hired RB and WR coaches who were coaching in the NFL last year.

Per usual, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Your blind hatred for Allen in favor of Brohm has clouded your judgement.

I dont hate TA.  Terrific guy.  Lousy D1 HC.  2-10/0-9 is what drives my judgement.  

Just now, DT said:

I dont hate TA.  Terrific guy.  Lousy D1 HC.  2-10/0-9 is what drives my judgement.  

Ok.

So are you going to walk back your comment about coaching turnover?

2 minutes ago, DT said:

IU had almost 30 guys go out with season ending injuries last year. That type of record should be expected when you play that tough of a schedule.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Ok.

So are you going to walk back your comment about coaching turnover?

IU had almost 30 guys go out with season ending injuries last year. That type of record should be expected when you play that tough of a schedule.

Absolutely not.  The staff has been a revolving door.  That negatively impacts home state recruiting and relationship building.    

5 minutes ago, DT said:

Absolutely not.  The staff has been a revolving door.  That negatively impacts home state recruiting and relationship building.    

Purdue has 4 first year coaches this year and 2 second year coaches. That’s more than IU. 

“This hurts recruiting, especially when Purdue has maintained good staff continuity under Brohm”.

Again, you’re a joke.

Purdue has 4 first year coaches this year and 2 second year coaches. That’s more than IU. 

“This hurts recruiting, especially when Purdue has maintained good staff continuity under Brohm”.

Again, you’re a joke.

Right, I'm a joke.  And once again, you're hanging like a thread to every word I write, ready with a thoughtful response.  Continue on lad. 

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

And Purdue’s hasn’t???

Three defensive coordinators in three years isn’t a revolving door? Explain please.

I could care less about the PU staff.  This is about IU.  Why the spin?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

I’ll go all day calling out your BS. Happy to do it.

Have at it dude.  

5 minutes ago, DT said:

could care less about the PU staff.  This is about IU.  Why the spin?

Because you just flat out lied about Purdue maintaining good staff continuity. Not only is that not true, it was rebuffed in a matter of 20 seconds.

My one tip, if you want people to take you seriously, at least get your facts straight.

IU lost one noteworthy staff member last year: Deland McCullough. There was nothing IU could do to prevent him from going to Notre Dame.

Edited by Footballking16

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Because you just flat out lied about Purdue maintaining good staff continuity. Not only is that not true, it was rebuffed in a matter of 20 seconds.

My one tip, if you want people to take you seriously, at least get your facts straight.

IU lost one noteworthy staff member last year: Deland McCullough. There was nothing IU could do to prevent him from going to Notre Dame.

I could care less whether people take me seriously or not on this site.  Im here for one reason and one reason only.  

I think you mean couldn’t care less.

Clearly you care, hence your nearly half-dozen short lived farewells.

My departures and returns here have always been good for business.  No one moves the needle like DT.  

On 7/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, Guest said:

Jeff Brohm .491 coaching record at Purdue.  Tom Allen .448 record at IU.

Yeah....Brohm is certainly in another league.....🙄

Oh yeah, Brohm's teams don't play in the Big 10 East.....

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What about the 8 win season the year before?

Impressive and definitely the Hoosiers' ceiling.  Wins over Ball State, UConn and Eastern Illinois got them nearly halfway there.

Which is why the Hoosiers should schedule 3 cupcakes annually.

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

Just curious. Why didn't covid affect Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Ohio State?

Those teams don’t need help.  They are talented as hell.  Also, they had very few stars opt out.

If you don’t think that the Hoosiers benefited from playing in empty stadiums on the road (Wisconsin/O$U) and teams that had stars opt out (Penn State/Michigan) I don’t know what to tell you.

A highlight of the Hoosiers season was them coming back and making the final score respectable in the Horseshoe…

And some 2021 preseason publications even had the gall to insinuate that Hoosiers were ascending and were a threat to Ohio State.

Edited by temptation

29 minutes ago, temptation said:

Those teams don’t need help.  They are talented as hell.  Also, they had very few stars opt out.

If you don’t think that the Hoosiers benefited from playing in empty stadiums on the road (Wisconsin/O$U) and teams that had stars opt out (Penn State/Michigan) I don’t know what to tell you.

A highlight of the Hoosiers season was them coming back and making the final score respectable in the Horseshoe…

And some 2021 preseason publications even had the gall to insinuate that Hoosiers were ascending and were a threat to Ohio State.

I agree that bad teams benefit from empty stadiums and good teams suffer from them. I'm not saying that covid didn't have any effect, you'd have to be a moron to believe so. I'm just wondering what the forementioned teams did that Michigan and Penn State did not. 

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

I agree that bad teams benefit from empty stadiums and good teams suffer from them. I'm not saying that covid didn't have any effect, you'd have to be a moron to believe so. I'm just wondering what the forementioned teams did that Michigan and Penn State did not. 

Had the majority of their 4/5 star players not opt out.

Michigan and Penn State were also not as talented as those four teams you mentioned thus depended upon their home field advantage more so than they did.

Hell, Michigan went 0-3 at HOME.

Edited by temptation