Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Giving it up

Yes, it’s time. Time to give it up. Call it a day. Head on down the road. Vamoose. Take off.

You won’t have ole gonzoron to kick around any more, I’m movin’ on. I’m rollin’ on. I’m flyin’ too high for your little ole sky.

When I first joined the GID 12 years ago, it was to bash P/P’s, one in particular. I got schooled on that by a guy whose main mode of transportation is a John Deere tractor. Once I saw the light, I let all that go.

When an opening came up in the OOB after a crash, I was all over it. Most of my post count came from those glory days, ah the good ole days.

They always say “you’ll know when it’s time” and they were right.

I’m going with more positive reactions than anyone in GID History. I know, I know, I’m listed as 3rd in reputation points, but that’s just due to all the downvotes I received in the process. If you all would be so kind, I can still make it to the top with your cooperation in downvoting that guy in the striped shirt and The Professor every chance you get. Thank you for your support.

After driving one of my children to an athletic event or team practice for 35 out of the last 40 years, that era has ended also. I’m gonna have a lot of time on my hands.

No more waiting at the school burning up gas in the winter and summer, no more phone calls saying ‘practice is over early’, no more cries of ‘you left me at the rest area’, no more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I’m old. I’m tired. Get off my lawn.

Sincerely,

Gonzo

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

After driving one of my children to an athletic event or team practice for 35 out of the last 40 years, that era has ended also. I’m gonna have a lot of time on my hands.

Gonna have to figure out how to monetize that.

51 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

No more waiting at the school burning up gas in the winter and summer, no more phone calls saying ‘practice is over early’, no more cries of ‘you left me at the rest area’, no more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

You're lucky ... you were at a school where no one on the team had a peanut allergy.

52 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

See you in a couple of weeks if it's like the retirements that we've seen in the past.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Yes, it’s time. Time to give it up. Call it a day. Head on down the road. Vamoose. Take off.

You won’t have ole gonzoron to kick around any more, I’m movin’ on. I’m rollin’ on. I’m flyin’ too high for your little ole sky.

When I first joined the GID 12 years ago, it was to bash P/P’s, one in particular. I got schooled on that by a guy whose main mode of transportation is a John Deere tractor. Once I saw the light, I let all that go.

When an opening came up in the OOB after a crash, I was all over it. Most of my post count came from those glory days, ah the good ole days.

They always say “you’ll know when it’s time” and they were right.

I’m going with more positive reactions than anyone in GID History. I know, I know, I’m listed as 3rd in reputation points, but that’s just due to all the downvotes I received in the process. If you all would be so kind, I can still make it to the top with your cooperation in downvoting that guy in the striped shirt and The Professor every chance you get. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Gonzo

✌️ 

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

downvoting that guy in the striped shirt

????? Seriously, what are these “reputation points” of which you speak? I’ve never even looked at that in all my years on the GID. Is it like the coaches’ vote? 🤣😅

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

You don't pay attention to those either?

Those are quite important to the Eastbrook folk.

Enjoy your retirement.  Eventually I'll go this same route with all message board and social media interaction as well.  

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yep, I gotta stop believing folks can and will change.

No more giving @DT hell after this 72 hour hiatus though…

And I'M the guy who doesn't recognize sarcasm?

I'll do whatever I want. You should just worry about you, not gonzoron. 

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

And I'M the guy who doesn't recognize sarcasm?

I'll do whatever I want. You should just worry about you, not gonzoron. 

Worry is the wrong term.  Don’t flatter yourself.

Just put me back on ignore (yeah right, lol) and go back to 80+ percent of your posts being non-football related while you lecture everyone on their grammar mistakes and passive aggressive nonsense.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Worry is the wrong term.  Don’t flatter yourself.

Just put me back on ignore (yeah right, lol) and go back to 80+ percent of your posts being non-football related while you lecture everyone on their grammar mistakes and passive aggressive nonsense.

`````rent free.jpg

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Donnie Baker said:

Multiple posts say otherwise, I swear to God they do!

He's gotta keep his post count up. 80% of his are either responding to mine or talking about me and I'll say it to his face.

• Haha 2