dave mosbey

PAC Conference 2017-2018

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, Rangerdog said:

Dave , do you know when the preview for all the boys & girls teams are going to be in the Evansville courier ?

Looks like this Sunday

Tell City 57 Perry Central 37

Forest Park 43 Crawford County 37 ( Freshman Curt Hopf  16 points and 7 rebounds in 1st start.)

http://www.spencercountyjournal.com/content/heritage-hills’-roster-has-plenty-athleticism

Click link for full article and I posted a few quotes here.

Hawkins said athleticism is a clear strength of his team and he is confident in his team’s ability to contend for a PAC title.

“It’s no joke that we feel like we have an opportunity to win the conference and the opportunity to make a run at the sectional championship.

“It will not be easy - the PAC might be one of the toughest conferences from top to bottom that I’ve seen since I’ve been a coach.”

As for the sectional, Hawkins said it starts with defending champion Bosse.

“It will be a tall challenge, but I think they are really wanting to compete with that type of team this year,” he said. “I believe if we put in the work we can set ourselves up.

“I don’t feel like we’re that far away from them.”

PAC is looking pretty solid...FP and HH look really good. Expecting NP, TC, GS to have good seasons. Pike playing much better since the 2nd half of Princeton game. Off topic but Princeton may be close to unbeatable by end of the year when everyone is healthy.

http://duboiscountyherald.com/b/as-wins-adds-up-pats-have-size-on-their-side

By HENDRIX MAGLEY
hmagley@dcherald.com

When Heritage Hills boys basketball senior Carter Meunier saw freshman Blake Sisley throw down his first career dunk against North Harrison earlier this season, it made him think of one thing — a younger version of himself.

“I mean, he’s out here dunking already and that’s the best thing you can do to get the crowd into it,” Meunier said with a laugh. “It made me think back to my first dunk (in a varsity game) against South Spencer.”

Through the first five games of his career, Sisley, a 6-foot-7 power forward/center hybrid is averaging 10.4 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game including a season-high 19 points and 13 rebounds in Friday’s win against North Posey.

The Patriots were without Meunier, their other 6-foot-7 big, for the first three games of the season after he had to have knee surgery. Meunier saw his first action of the season Friday and is continuing to shake off the rust after having to miss action including practices that involved contact — something he couldn’t rejoin until two weeks ago.

While Meunier was out, he began to take Sisley under his wing. The lessons that Meunier taught him were mostly just mental tips and ways to keep his confidence high.

“He kept telling me certain things and ways to encourage me to always keep a positive attitude,” Sisley said. “He was doing as much as he could while he was out but it’s good to have him back now.”

Heritage Hills head coach Nate Hawkins knew Sisley was going to be a superb player as soon as he saw him play in middle school but he began to catch a full glimpse of it when he began practicing with the high school team this summer.

“We liked Blake’s upside obviously a lot and he’s very well-rounded. He understands the game and has a very high basketball IQ,” Hawkins said. “Not only can he score the basketball and rebound, but he also can bring the ball up, handles the ball well and recognizes when he’s going to get doubled. I recall a moment in the North Harrison game where he sensed they were going to double him in the post so he kicked it out to Cole Sigler for a wide open three.”

Sisley has already seen his fair share of tough opponents. From Griffen Bauer with Northeast Dubois to 6-foot-11 sophomore Noah Hupmann of Evansville Day, the players and skill levels Sisley has faced have been of a wide variety.

The biggest change Sisley had to get used to was the uptick in intensity from playing middle school basketball.

“Definitely the speed is one of the biggest changes,” he said. “Guys are much quicker and stronger in varsity basketball.”

Meunier has also had to readjust to the everyday grind after being out for the majority of the offseason and the first three games of the season.

“It’s hard to come back when you haven’t played in so long,” said Meunier, who’s played in 50 career games for the Patriots while averaging six ppg and 3.8 rebounds per game. “I’m just working on getting my confidence back and getting back in the lineup. I’ve got a lot of work to do, though.”

After going scoreless in his first game back against North Posey, Meunier added six points in the Patriots 55-35 victory over Hancock County (Ky.) on Tuesday.

While Sisley and Meunier haven’t spent many minutes together on the court, Hawkins knows once that happens there will be some exciting moments for the Patriots.

“Hopefully there will be some spots where we can play both of those guys at the same time,” Hawkins said. “They both can play on the perimeter depending on the matchups and we’ve been very excited to let those kids work together so we can get to high-low some people and exploit some mismatches.”

Hawkins knew that Meunier could get down on himself at times but he’s sensed a positive outlook in him this season that he hadn’t seen as much before — something he thinks Sisley may be partially responsible for.

“I think he’s grown on that aspect of basketball in general and he’s just started to put his arm around Blake when things are going well and even when they’re not going so well,” Hawkins said. “I think it’s helped them both along the way a lot.”

The Patriots are sitting pretty right now with an unblemished 5-0 record through the first few weeks of the season.

And even though there’s still a long way to go, with Meunier slowly getting back to full health and Sisley showing his potential there’s a reason to be excited in Lincoln City.

“(Sisley) is such a good player and I can’t wait until me and him get to play even more together,” Meunier said. “Two 6-foot-7 kids? That should be pretty fun to watch

Scores involving PAC teams tonight.

Gibson Southern 74 South Spencer 55

North Posey 72 Evansville Mater Dei 66 OVERTIME

Pike Central 67 Vincennes Rivet 51

Tecumseh 45 Tell City 39.

PAC Standings

Forest Park 1-  0  6-  0

Heritage Hills 1-  0  6-  0

Gibson Southern 1-  0  3-  1

Tecumseh  1-  0  4-  3  

Pike Central 1-  0  2-  2 

Tell City  1-  2  4-  2 

North Posey  0-  1  4-  1

South Spencer  0-  1  1-  3

Southridge 0-  2  2-  3

South Spencer beat Tecumseh, 52-46 Tuesday. Both teams are now 1-1 in conference play.  

There are now 4 teams tied at the top at 1-0: FP, GS, HH, and PC.

SS enters the break at 3-3. Tec falls to 4-4.

(GS beat NP 46-38 in the Toyota Classic Tuesday, but that game does not count as a conference game.)

After a tough loss to GS on Tuesday, North Posey gets a hard-earned win at Mt. Carmel tonight, 59-58.

North Posey battled, but ultimately came up short, at Princeton in the 3rd Place Game of the Toyota Classic, 67-58.  

Princeton will be a very tough out in 3A come March.  

Vikings will take a 5-3 record into the 2018 portion of the season.  

As of January 7.

Conference Standings

image.png.8e2fbd5cfbf15e5d8f7c0e141c1f9c7f.png

Sagarin Ratings

image.png.89aa724c3377fd4a27d2b47ab140aa6c.png

Tecumseh @ North Posey game scheduled for last night has been postponed and rescheduled for Jan. 23rd.

Heritage Hills lost 3 games.

Heritage Hills at Pike Central scheduled for last night postponed to  next Tuesday the 16th

Mount Vernon at Heritage Hills Girls scheduled this afternoon canceled and won't be made up. ( Girls also lost JV game Tuesday because Gibson Southern rescheduled  the Gibson / Princeton Boys game to Tuesday and moved the HH-GS girls up to 5:30  and canceled both JV games.

Also Boys game VS, Tecumseh was postponed with no makeup date set yet.

North Posey @ Forest Park game has been postponed.  Make-up date TBD.

Read that HH/Tecumseh game has been rescheduled for Jan. 22nd. 

HH-PC is now listed as February 10th  the same date that the rescheduled  Boonville at Pike game was suppose to be played on.

North Posey at Forest Park game has been rescheduled for February 15th. 

North Posey over South Spencer, 78-52.  Vikings will host Southridge tonight. 

Heritage Hills beat Southridge 66-54 game was originally listed as 67-54 but scoreboard was wrong. Patriots trailed by 9 at halftime but dominated the 2nd half.

Patriots had 2 dunks in the game one by Blake Sisley and point guard Simon Scherry had his first after a steal. 

HH Scoring : 

Murray Becher 22

Scherry 14

Mitchel Becher 13

Sisley 10 plus 10 rebounds

Jones 5

Meunier 2

Patriots improve to 11-2 and host Tecumseh Monday.

HH JV wins 47-26 and improves to 10-0

North Posey over Southridge, 57-52.  Vikings now 8-4 overall, 2-1 PAC.  Next game is at home against Tecumseh on Tuesday.