Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove and The Hoosier Crossroads Conference - A Match Made in Heaven

Instead of watching the two time defending unbeaten 6A state champs make preparations for a move to the HCC, we are witnessing the CG staff in scramble mode, trying to pick up the pieces of a failed conference bid and look for willing opponents to fill former long time MIC matchups on the Trojan football schedule.
Its been discussed on multiple forums and in local papers that CG will likely make another run at HCC membership, this time flying solo and not as Carmel's wingman, and the outcome will be a unanimous vote of YES to Center Grove membership in the league.
It's too bad its not already happening. Out with meaningless lopsided games against Pike, North Central, Lawrence North and Lawrence Central. In with high powered battles against Brownsburg, HSE, Fishers, Avon, Westfield and Zionsville, in front packed houses both at home and on the road, unlike the empty MIC bleachers that CG home fans looked at for years when conference rivals arrived for Trojan home games.
Yes, this will happen, sooner than later. It makes too much sense. CG is a mirror image of the majority of the schools in The HCC, it has become the most valuable and marketable athletic department in the state, and it will propel The Hoosier Crossroads Conference, now the #1 high school football conference in Indiana, to even greater heights.

269708226_233243545669072_7246834781953269511_n.jpg

269714921_233243502335743_1453558495131786394_n.png

14 minutes ago, DT said:
Instead of watching the two time defending unbeaten 6A state champs make preparations for a move to the HCC, we are witnessing the CG staff in scramble mode, trying to pick up the pieces of a failed conference bid and look for willing opponents to fill former long time MIC matchups on the Trojan football schedule.
Its been discussed on multiple forums and in local papers that CG will likely make another run at HCC membership, this time flying solo and not as Carmel's wingman, and the outcome will be a unanimous vote of YES to Center Grove membership in the league.
It's too bad its not already happening. Out with meaningless lopsided games against Pike, North Central, Lawrence North and Lawrence Central. In with high powered battles against Brownsburg, HSE, Fishers, Avon, Westfield and Zionsville, in front packed houses both at home and on the road, unlike the empty MIC bleachers that CG home fans looked at for years when conference rivals arrived for Trojan home games.
Yes, this will happen, sooner than later. It makes too much sense. CG is a mirror image of the majority of the schools in The HCC, it has become the most valuable and marketable athletic department in the state, and it will propel The Hoosier Crossroads Conference, now the #1 high school football conference in Indiana, to even greater heights.

269708226_233243545669072_7246834781953269511_n.jpg

269714921_233243502335743_1453558495131786394_n.png

This will trigger the normal crew, but once again it’s spot on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

This will trigger the normal crew, but once again it’s spot on.

Did Carmel and CG actually petition as a package deal or was that speculation? Not sure why the HCC couldn’t have accepted CG and declined Carmel’s request, especially if they’re expected to be voted in unanimously the next go around? CG to the HCC makes perfect logical sense, just not sure it’s a foregone done deal.

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Did Carmel and CG actually petition as a package deal or was that speculation? Not sure why the HCC couldn’t have accepted CG and declined Carmel’s request, especially if they’re expected to be voted in unanimously the next go around? CG to the HCC makes perfect logical sense, just not sure it’s a foregone done deal.

Just like with the MIC departure I’m sure it’s optics.  Though never stated publicly I would have a hard time not believing it was both or neither.

Edited by temptation

Are we for certain they would be voted in? Or are we for certain that CG is planning another go at this?

Rumors are still floating around of CG and potentially Carmel creating their new conference. Drawing the likeness of a few of those HCC schools. These are rumors that have some substance…

16 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Are we for certain they would be voted in? Or are we for certain that CG is planning another go at this?

Rumors are still floating around of CG and potentially Carmel creating their new conference. Drawing the likeness of a few of those HCC schools. These are rumors that have some substance…

I would think that's a more likely scenario myself. I just don't see Center Grove getting almost unanimously denied by the HCC only to be re-admitted a year or so later. And I have real serious doubts that Center Grove and Carmel petitioned themselves as a package deal upon entry. Would have to assume there was some serious legwork done by both Carmel and Center Grove before formally requesting membership, and if Center Grove's acceptance wasn't contingent to Carmel, a package deal would have never been on the table.

Center Grove and Carmel forming a new 6 team conference with 4 new members makes the most sense. Carmel and Center Grove are too big of names in the Midwest to be relegated to a nearly locked conference schedule. 5 conference games with the ability to schedule other Indiana powers/out of state opponents makes the most sense in my opinion. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I would think that's a more likely scenario myself. I just don't see Center Grove getting almost unanimously denied by the HCC only to be re-admitted a year or so later. And I have real serious doubts that Center Grove and Carmel petitioned themselves as a package deal upon entry. Would have to assume there was some serious legwork done by both Carmel and Center Grove before formally requesting membership, and if Center Grove's acceptance wasn't contingent to Carmel, a package deal would have never been on the table.

Center Grove and Carmel forming a new 6 team conference with 4 new members makes the most sense. Carmel and Center Grove are too big of names in the Midwest to be relegated to a nearly locked conference schedule. 5 conference games with the ability to schedule other Indiana powers/out of state opponents makes the most sense in my opinion. 

CG and it's 2700 student enrollment should not be partnering with Carmel and it's 5500 student enrollment and national profile. The two approached the HCC as a package deal. HCC ADs did not want to deal with a future of Carmel domination of their conference  

1 hour ago, DT said:

CG and it's 2700 student enrollment should not be partnering with Carmel and it's 5500 student enrollment and national profile. The two approached the HCC as a package deal. HCC ADs did not want to deal with a future of Carmel domination of their conference  

Speculation or fact?

39 minutes ago, temptation said:

Speculation or fact?

Dont you recall the CG/CA joint press releases before and after the vote?  You can only follow the tea leaves and go with what you know if you are not actually in the room.  Both entities gave every indication that this was a joint effort.  Thats what we have to go on.