Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Realignment Rumblings - The Topic That Never Goes Away

Wow, @DT, you combined to work conference realignment and contraction into the same post. That's impressive. (Tongue-in-cheek for those who can't tell)

Bowling does not compete in MIC play. They have their own conference. Ben Davis Bowling is a couple of years removed from back to back State Championships on the boys side.

46 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Wow, @DT, you combined to work conference realignment and contraction into the same post. That's impressive. (Tongue-in-cheek for those who can't tell)

Bowling does not compete in MIC play. They have their own conference. Ben Davis Bowling is a couple of years removed from back to back State Championships on the boys side.

I will personally recognize those Bowling state titles when the IHSAA approves state competition for cornhole, lawn jarts and horseshoes.  Lets add one more, badminton, and call it a Hoosier Prep Pentathalon, naturally hosted at Giants Stadium on the Ben Davis High School Campus.  Outdoor bowling would be very cool.  Do you think all 6 schools could field teams to fully participate?  Snooty NC would probably pass at the idea of silly cornhole.  

Edited by DT

8 hours ago, DT said:

I would hope that the Hoosier Heartland is smart enough to put off any potential aspirations of conference membership by Frankfort due to wide enrollment discrepancy. If the best that 4A Frankfort can ever do is compete in football at the 1A - 2A level, it should contract and refocus those athletic dollars elsewhere.

Frankfort already plays 2-3 of the HHC schools every year in the big-three boys sports; Football, Basketball, Baseball and also in the big-three girls sports; Volleyball, Basketball, & Softball.   And they are in no way dominant.  I say before considering contraction just go all in and attempt to join the conference.  It would greatly reduce travel times and reinforce the existing county rivalries.  A win-win.

6 hours ago, DT said:

I will personally recognize those Bowling state titles when the IHSAA approves state competition for cornhole, lawn jarts and horseshoes.  Lets add one more, badminton, and call it a Hoosier Prep Pentathalon, naturally hosted at Giants Stadium on the Ben Davis High School Campus.  Outdoor bowling would be very cool.  Do you think all 6 schools could field teams to fully participate?  Snooty NC would probably pass at the idea of silly cornhole.  

I just spit out my coffee.

20 hours ago, DT said:

I'm seeing a trend where bigger schools are opting "down" into lower level conferences relative to class makeup.  

6A Warsaw plays in the 3A/4A/5A NLC 

I just don't understand the reason for you posting factual inaccuracies. I don't mind when you post all your opinions, everyone can have them.

There are no 3A schools in the NLC.

3 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I just don't understand the reason for you posting factual inaccuracies. I don't mind when you post all your opinions, everyone can have them.

There are no 3A schools in the NLC.

You are correct.  Wawasee and Northwood are among the smallest 4A schools in the state.  

I need to be more thoughtful about your oversensitivity on this subject

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/2022-23 2023-24/2022-23 2023-24 Football Alignment.pdf

On 7/7/2022 at 12:52 AM, DT said:

Center Grove and Carmel made monumental miscalculations by boldly assuming that they would both be voted in to the Hoosier Crossroads Conference.

Where/when did they make that assumption?

38 minutes ago, Grover said:

Where/when did they make that assumption?

Don't play coy with us.  This is your usual diversionary tactic.  The public has already made its assessment of Center Grove's attempt at HCC membership. And its not at all complimentary.  If you have something to say that is contrary to the public POV, then spit it out.  

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

@DTI have zero issues with you making your opinions and arguments... just us facts to make them. You come across more credible that way in my opinion instead of someone who just throws crap against the wall and seeing what sticks. Take it as you will.

Wasnt Northwood 3A recently?

41 minutes ago, DT said:

Wasnt Northwood 3A recently?

What is your definition of recently? NorthWood moved up to 4A in the 2011 season (when Warsaw was still a 5A school). The next season, 2012, is when the IHSAA created 6A and Warsaw moved up to that classification.

With today's enrollments - if there were only 5 classes (63 teams per class), the NLC would still be a 4A/5A conference.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

45 minutes ago, DT said:

Don't play coy with us.  This is your usual diversionary tactic.  The public has already made its assessment of Center Grove's attempt at HCC membership. And its not at all complimentary.  If you have something to say that is contrary to the public POV, then spit it out.  

You're the one that made the claim.  Back it up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Grover said:

You're the one that made the claim.  Back it up.

its not a claim.  cg and ca approached the hcc together.  its part of the public record and dual statements released  .  nothing to back up.  if you claim they went solo, you prove it. 

2 hours ago, DT said:

its not a claim.  cg and ca approached the hcc together.  its part of the public record and dual statements released  .  nothing to back up.  if you claim they went solo, you prove it. 

You said, "Center Grove and Carmel made monumental miscalculations by boldly assuming that they would both be voted in to the Hoosier Crossroads Conference."

I quoted it above and asked you where and when they made the assumption.  I'll add a "who" to the question because it appears to me you are pulling it out of your backside and slinging it at everybody.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grover said:

You said, "Center Grove and Carmel made monumental miscalculations by boldly assuming that they would both be voted in to the Hoosier Crossroads Conference."

I quoted it above and asked you where and when they made the assumption.  I'll add a "who" to the question because it appears to me you are pulling it out of your backside and slinging it at everybody.

LOL

Nice attempt to redirect.  Your countermeasures are misfiring.  Not going down this rat hole with you.  

1 minute ago, DT said:

LOL

Nice attempt to redirect.  Your countermeasures are misfiring.  Not going down this rat hole with you.  

When you publicly flirt with a new job opportunity, then get fired from your current employer for disloyalty, and then get turned down for the job you were pursuing, you kind of look like an idiot.  

Ive dumbed it down for you as much as i can.

1 minute ago, DT said:

LOL

You stated both schools “boldly assumed they would be voted in”.  I think he simply asking you for a source to prove they truly made the assumption that membership was a given. 

My guess is that that is a personal opinion. At the end of the day, does it matter?  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DT said:

When you publicly flirt with a new job opportunity, then get fired from your current employer for disloyalty, and then get turned down for the job you were pursuing, you kind of look like an idiot.  

Ive dumbed it down for you as much as i can.

You seriously believe Center Grove and Carmel got the boot because they had ideas of joining another conference? 

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You seriously believe Center Grove and Carmel got the boot because they had ideas of joining another conference? 

Yes, under the disguise of “stop winning everything.”

Control the story before you BECOME the story.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, DT said:

LOL

Not redirecting anything.  It's word for word my first question and it is a direct quote of you.  You can't back it up.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

You stated both schools “boldly assumed they would be voted in”.  I think he simply asking you for a source to prove they truly made the assumption that membership was a given. 

My guess is that that is a personal opinion. At the end of the day, does it matter?  

That's exactly what it was.  If he called it such I wouldn't have said a word.

24 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes, under the disguise of “stop winning everything.”

Control the story before you BECOME the story.

Pretty much.

25 minutes ago, Grover said:

That's exactly what it was.  If he called it such I wouldn't have said a word.

Pretty much.

Every guy (even @gonzoron) has pulled this trick so they can tell their friends they dumped the hot girl before she dumped him.

Oldest trick in the playbook.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

I believe so yes. And reasons of them winning in majority of every sport. It was a way for them to kick them out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I believe so yes. And reasons of them winning in majority of every sport. It was a way for them to kick them out. 

If so, that raises one question. Did Warren Central or Ben Davis ever have a bigger payday than when Carmel and CG came calling? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

If so, that raises one question. Did Warren Central or Ben Davis ever have a bigger payday than when Carmel and CG came calling? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Most certainly, but you have to plan for the future while winning in the present.

I’ve learned to read through the coach speak over the years, it’s all optics and controlling the story.

Side note:  Anyone claiming the BD shooting ordeal didn’t play a factor or speed up the process is also lying through their teeth.

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Don’t you have to get the hot girl, before you can dump her?

Sometimes the hot girl is also blind.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1