Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Realignment Rumblings - The Topic That Never Goes Away

43 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

I don't think this is a possibility unless the school shows some growth in the next 10 years.  Football was the reason they stayed in the HC for so long, but the other sports were suffering from being in the HC.  They have competed much better in the Hoosier Heartland.

The school that I see outgrowing the HHC is Eastern.  They would be a better fit in the CIC or HC than Sheridan or maybe even Pioneer.  Probably just a little too far away for some of the HC schools though.

Too bad Eastern's not a bit bigger as they might be a fit, at least from a distance perspective, for the NCC.  They are right in that neighborhood between Kokomo and Marion, about an hour from Muncie and Anderson, about 75 minutes from Lafayette, and 45 minutes from Logansport.  At 2A though, they would likely have a really tough time always playing 4A/5A/6A every week. 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:41 AM, Boilernation said:

That would be an interesting scenario to me. Would Harrison, Jeff, McCutcheon, Logan, and Kokomo just stay at 5 and increase their OOC schedule in all sports or try to expand? I can't think of any reasonable option outside of trying to bring in West Lafayette. 

I’ve posted this on another forum, and I know it’s more unrealistic fantasy booking, but here it is anyway.  I’d like to see the NCC expand with several more schools and split into 2 divisions that function as their own separate conferences. Keep the NCC name and “Conference of Champions” moniker since that is really the only thing that keeps the conference alive. With the cost of transportation, a conference with the geographic footprint of the NCC is more of a burden than a benefit. So bring in some slightly smaller schools that can compete with the current NCC members that are located within or close to the current footprint of the NCC. Something like this:

NCC East
Marion
Mississinewa
Jay County
Delta
Muncie Central
Yorktown
Anderson
Richmond

NCC West
Kokomo
Western
Logansport
Lebanon
McCutcheon
Lafayette Jeff
West Lafayette
Harrison

52 minutes ago, HoopsCoach said:

I’ve posted this on another forum, and I know it’s more unrealistic fantasy booking, but here it is anyway.  I’d like to see the NCC expand with several more schools and split into 2 divisions that function as their own separate conferences. Keep the NCC name and “Conference of Champions” moniker since that is really the only thing that keeps the conference alive. With the cost of transportation, a conference with the geographic footprint of the NCC is more of a burden than a benefit. So bring in some slightly smaller schools that can compete with the current NCC members that are located within or close to the current footprint of the NCC. Something like this:

NCC East
Marion
Mississinewa
Jay County
Delta
Muncie Central
Yorktown
Anderson
Richmond

NCC West
Kokomo
Western
Logansport
Lebanon
McCutcheon
Lafayette Jeff
West Lafayette
Harrison

Do you think Lebanon would leave the Sagamores?

Would RDP leave the Hoosiers?

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Do you think Lebanon would leave the Sagamores?

Would RDP leave the Hoosiers?

I don’t think either school would leave their current conference.  West Lafayette would be slightly more likely to consider it than Lebanon in my opinion, but neither would go for it.  My suggestion is very unrealistic.

• Like 1