Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

9 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:
Fountain Central [10-1] at Attica [9-2]
or Seeger [5-6] at Attica [9-2]
or Rockville [2-9] at Fountain Central [10-1]
or Rockville [2-9] at Seeger [5-6]

Thanks Gonzo. Pretty small visitors side but what do you do?

Ramblers win 40-6, Jeff 27 Westfield 24.

Requiescat in pace, Rox Football

1901-1910, 

SixMan c.1940-1961,

1962-2017

Edited by FLP_NDRox
More accurate historical dates
  • Upvote 1

Well I'm sure everyone has some thoughts on the sectional title game let' here them. 

Personally I'll take FC to win it. It will be a close game i think. Attica playing some really good football as of late but I think FC will be a little much upfront for the ramblers in the end.  FC 28 Attica 21

This sectional draw is just as the message board indicates - - boring.  Now, take nothing away from Attica and FC by my comment, just not much excitement for me with this.  There is just something special about heading to an unfamiliar opponents place (or hosting) for the state tournament.  I understand it's not an apples to apples comparison, but just on the other side of the state line, Vermilion County, Illinois has teams playing opponents from completely different parts of the state.  It is, and always does, create a lot of buzz.  All of the teams hosted the opening round, and based on who they will play this week, they all have to hit the road.  

6a Danville travels to Nazareth Academy.....2a Westville travels to Carlyle.....2a Bismarck travels to Hamilton West Hancock 

Interesting fact here, though - - - Bismarck has always needed to fill in a non-conference game and oftentimes would cross over with Attica and a few other Indiana teams.  Bismarck's game this year was a week 9 game (playoffs week 10 in Indiana) so they were looking in-state.  The Blue Devils found a quality opponent from 4 hours away by the Quad Cities, Hamilton West Hancock.   Irony at its finest for my belly aching surrounding the draw around here.....

FC averaging on the season about 39 points per game. While giving up 13 points a game. 

Attica averaging about 38 points a game while giving up on average 15 a game. 

Very evenly matched teams from that stand point. Expecting a close game for sure. 

6 hours ago, 1adam12 said:

FC averaging on the season about 39 points per game. While giving up 13 points a game. 

Attica averaging about 38 points a game while giving up on average 15 a game. 

Very evenly matched teams from that stand point. Expecting a close game for sure. 

If you throw out the uncommon opponents (Southmont for FC and Clinton Central for Attica) it spreads out a slight bit

FC    41.3 for and 12.9 against

Attica  37.7 for and 16.6 against

Still pretty similar numbers, but as we all know, none of this will matter come Friday night 

9 minutes ago, 85 Mustang said:

If you throw out the uncommon opponents (Southmont for FC and Clinton Central for Attica) it spreads out a slight bit

FC    41.3 for and 12.9 against

Attica  37.7 for and 16.6 against

Still pretty similar numbers, but as we all know, none of this will matter come Friday night 

Indeed just food for thought 

Very tough for Attica to break the Mustangs in the playoffs. I believe Attica has only defeated FC once in sectional play and that was in 1986. Let's kick it off and see what happens...nothing like playoff football. 

FOUNTAIN CENTRAL 34, ATTICA 21

Billy's and Joe's will beat out the X's and O's in the second half. Give or take 7 points to either score I predicted. As a Seeger Alum and fan I want to see FC win this game, by considerable margin. BUT as a football fan I'd like to see Attica pull it off because historically Attica has not had success in the playoffs. AND I'd like to see a team who doesn't have winning tradition on its side pull one out and put new blood deeper into the tournament....

Last time the two met, Attica entered the game as number 2 in the state with points scored.  

Mustangs won by 26.  

Last time mustangs played in Attica it was flag fest.  Most were for sideline violations.  

Attica is tough at home.  Mustangs are have had players step up to fill gaps from injuries. Some of last year's JV only players are now starting.  I look for this to be a great game. 

I take Mustangs by 17.  

• Like 1

Can't believe I had to go to the second page of the GID high school football forum to find this. We're awfully quiet for a bunch of WRC fans heading into the Sectional Championship game.  It's FRIDAY,....... I'm just going to leave this right here......

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Should be a great game! Weather is great for football tonight!

Dominating game by FC. Over 500 yards of offense while holding Attica to 100 or less. Nathaniel Butts had 287 passing yards which should put him close to 2800 on the season. Tim Ellis had 24-200 on the ground. On to Greene county!

• Upvote 1