Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Sagamore Athletic Conference Thread

20 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

SON OF A…. 😀

@Impartial_Observer can you close this one?

Have not had much Sagamore chatter.  Great programs.  Quiet fans.  Lets shut down one of the threads.  Dont need both

35 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

SON OF A…. 😀

@Impartial_Observer can you close this one?

I like this one. I think I'll keep it. What does North Montgomery look like this year? Hamilton Heights has them week 2. I hate that drive. Last time I'll have to make it.

Edited by gonzoron

24 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I like this one. I think I'll keep it. What does North Montgomery look like this year? Hamilton Heights has them week 2. I hate that drive. Last time I'll have to make it.

The gurus have them in the bottom half 

• Both TW and Danville lost large productive senior classes, but have guys waiting to step in and produce.  WeBo will be solid but must find a QB.  Lebanon returns some pieces but loses a stud RB and some big linemen.  Seems to be the same story as every year.  Can Frankfort, Cville, South or North move into the top group.  The answer is most likely no.

*this is a copy and paste from Offical thread.  Admins Lock or delete the other one please

14 hours ago, gonzoron said:

11 hours ago, superjay said:

• Both TW and Danville lost large productive senior classes, but have guys waiting to step in and produce.  WeBo will be solid but must find a QB.  Lebanon returns some pieces but loses a stud RB and some big linemen.  Seems to be the same story as every year.  Can Frankfort, Cville, South or North move into the top group.  The answer is most likely no.

*this is a copy and paste from Offical thread.  Admins Lock or delete the other one please

I think South will be decent.  I think they will compete this year.  

Agree with North, Cville, Frankfort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

image.png.672ca33a175441a13ddab21a48eb7cd3.png

Funny how an early non-conference schedule can sometimes hide where the real power in a conference lies. Now that the warm ups are complete let the Danville, Tri-West, and Western Boone hegemony flex their muscles...................

Edited by Muda69

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

image.png.672ca33a175441a13ddab21a48eb7cd3.png

Funny how an early non-conference schedule can sometimes hide where the real power in a conference lies. Now that the warm ups are complete let the Danville, Tri-West, and Western Boone hegemony flex their muscles...................

I think Southmonts is going to be a factor. Maybe not a threat to win it all but I think they’ll play spoiler for a few teams. 

On 8/29/2022 at 10:45 AM, Donnie Baker said:

I think Southmonts is going to be a factor. Maybe not a threat to win it all but I think they’ll play spoiler for a few teams. 

I certainly think South will compete much more than they have in the past few years.  

• Like 1

I am not hating on anyone here.  I think the whole conference is is better off when all the teams are competitive.  However, I was curious of when the last time SouthMont beat the top 4 programs.  That look in history has me down a rabbit hole.  So here is what I found (all info from John Harrell) I stopped at 1994…

SOUTHMONT 

2018 they beat Lebanon. 

0 sectional championships since 1994

NORTH MONTGOMERY 

2019 beat Danville

2008, 1996 sectional championship

regional: 96, 95

semi state: 96, 95

state: 96, 95

CRAWFORDSVILLE  

2008 beat WeBo and Tri-West

0 sectional championships since 1994

FRANKFORT

2013 beat WeBo

2006/01/96 sectional championship since ‘94

DANVILLE

2021 beat Tri-West/WeBo/Lebanon 

sectional champions 20, 19, 17, 16, 07, 00, 99, 94

regional champions 20, 19, 17, 00,99

semi state champions 20, 99

LEBANON

2021 defeated Tri-West/WeBo

Sectional champions 1997

TRI-WEST

2021 defeated WeBo

Sectional: 2021, 18, 14, 05, 04, 03, 96, 95

Regional: 21, 14, 04, 03, 96, 95

Semi State: 14, 04, 03, 96, 95

State: 14, 04, 03, 96

WEBO

2020 defeated Lebanon 

Sectional: 2020, 19, 18, 17, 01, 99, 98, 97

regional: 20, 19, 18, 98, 97

semi state: 20, 19, 18, 97

state: 20, 19, 18

Frankfort is finally to the point of no return. I don’t see this getting turned around anytime soon.  Honestly, it’s not fun for anyone on either side.  Scores from this week.  Jr.High 72-0. JV. 52-0. Varsity 55-6.  It’s a difficult conversation to have, but shutting this down needs to be discussed.  Another option would be to not have all-in conference schedule.  Scheduling might allow them some relief and a chance to gain some momentum.  I feel bad for the kids in the program.  It’s a tough situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superjay said:

Frankfort is finally to the point of no return. I don’t see this getting turned around anytime soon.  Honestly, it’s not fun for anyone on either side.  Scores from this week.  Jr.High 72-0. JV. 52-0. Varsity 55-6.  It’s a difficult conversation to have, but shutting this down needs to be discussed.  Another option would be to not have all-in conference schedule.  Scheduling might allow them some relief and a chance to gain some momentum.  I feel bad for the kids in the program.  It’s a tough situation.

Tackle football is simply not a priority in the Frankfort Community as a whole anymore.  Too many families simply struggle week to week to just put a roof over their heads,  food on their tables, and gasoline in their vehicles. No time for games.  And as the socioeconomic makeup of the city continues to change soccer will become the dominate fall sport, eclipsing tackle football.  If the CSF school board wants to continue to have tackle football as an extracurricular activity they need to seriously consider a move to another conference, the Hoosier Heartland comes immediately to mind.  The FHS football talent pool better matches the schools of the HHC rather than those of the SAC.

• 4 weeks later...

On 9/24 with a 4-1 victory over Tri-West the Frankfort Boys Soccer teams goes undefeated in Sagamore Conference play and claims the conference championship.

Currently the Hot Dogs are 10-1-1, their only loss was on 9/20 to class 2A #1 ranked West Lafayette and that was a 5-4 slugfest.   The Red Devils and Hot Dogs will mostly likely meet each other on 10/5 in the semifinal round of sectional #18, hosted by West Lafayette.

One can see how the precious few OMG! Athletes walking the halls of FHS are distributed amongst the fall extracurricular sports teams.  

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

On 9/24 with a 4-1 victory over Tri-West the Frankfort Boys Soccer teams goes undefeated in Sagamore Conference play and claims the conference championship.

Currently the Hot Dogs are 10-1-1, their only loss was on 9/20 to class 2A #1 ranked West Lafayette and that was a 5-4 slugfest.   The Red Devils and Hot Dogs will mostly likely meet each other on 10/5 in the semifinal round of sectional #18, hosted by West Lafayette.

One can see how the precious few OMG! Athletes walking the halls of FHS are distributed amongst the fall extracurricular sports teams.  

Move this to the soccer board!

• Haha 2
  • Disdain 1