Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
CharlieTweeder

Sect 42 final LCC @ Pioneer

Yes you did see 80-0

north White coach was offered running clock in second quarter when it was 59-0

he Declined 

You think BW was only good catholic player we had?

think you'd be surprised 

Actually think the kid was just spouting a smoke screen

New plays and running it down their throat

not buying it

It's gonna be an air raid

:14_v:

Edited by CharlieTweeder
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Hoosier Hawk said:

Not sure how you define "big margins" but it looks to me that 2 or 3 of their 7 losses were by big margins. One of which to a 6A school. Then again, I guess a Pioneer local would be able to identify a big margin when they see one. Did I see an 80-0 score this year? Nice! 

I'm somewhat off-topic with this, but Jeff just knocked off last year's 5A state champ this past weekend and remains undefeated.  Similarly, West Lafayette is atop 3A.  I have not been following Chatard this season, but I'd like to see a rematch of that 2015 3A state game.

• Upvote 1

You can tell it's been a long time since takkle4 has felt confident with Pioneer going against an LCC team. Keep striking while the iron is hot.

Edited by catholicfootball
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, takkle4 said:

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36732536/central-catholic-pioneer-battle-for-sectional-crown

Pretty BOLD statement.  This is the type of thing that really makes one laugh at LCC requesting a running clock against WL.  Tough guys only when the goings good?  Tap out when its bad?  

If Pioneer had played West Lafayette this year, they would have wished they had a running clock.  And if Pioneer didn't have a running clock against WL, their fans would be looking for the exits by the 4th.  LCC lost their QB in that game and I guess the coach didn't was the worst loss in school history on his watch.  West Lafayette was going to try to put 60 plus points on LCC, and I think without the running clock, they would have.  

37 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

think you'd be surprised 

Oh, I'm totally aware. He was just the best of "the good catholic boys" :02_v:

Edited by Hoosier Hawk
  • Upvote 1

In some ways this game is reminiscent of the 2005 Sectional Final between these two teams. An 8-3 and somewhat lightly-regarded LCC, having lost to Pioneer by 2 TDs in week one, went to Royal Center to face the 11-0 Panthers. Pioneer kicked them around most of the game,  but LCC hung tough. Pioneer had the ball at the end up a TD. But they mismanaged the clock, taking a knee on 1st down when they actually needed one more first down to run it out. They ended up having to punt. LCC drove down in the final seconds, scored a TD on the last play. Got the 2 pt. try to send it into OT and then won it 35-28. The car our crew drove down in got a flat tire and, when we were trying to change it in the parking lot, they turned the lights out on us. I'm sure it was unintentional. :14_v:

I'm confident Coach Gallogly has a clear recollection of that game.

Edited by bobref

18 minutes ago, bobref said:

In some ways this game is reminiscent of the 2005 Sectional Final between these two teams. An 8-3 and somewhat lightly-regarded LCC, having lost to Pioneer by 2 TDs in week one, went to Royal Center to face the 11-0 Panthers. Pioneer kicked them around most of the game,  but LCC hung tough. Pioneer had the ball at the end up a TD. But they mismanaged the clock, taking a knee on 1st down when they actually needed one more first down to run it out. They ended up having to punt. LCC drove down in the final seconds, scored a TD on the last play. Got the 2 pt. try to send it into OT and then won it 35-28. The car our crew drove down in got a flat tire and, when we were trying to change it in the parking lot, they turned the lights out on us. I'm sure it was unintentional. :14_v:

Bob,

I was going to respond, in another thread, how appropriate it might be if you had this game, for your grand finale. I'm sure the people of Royal Center would throw you a nice going away party. :17_v:

2 minutes ago, SL816 said:

Bob,

I was going to respond, in another thread, how appropriate it might be if you had this game, for your grand finale. I'm sure the people of Royal Center would throw you a nice going away party. :17_v:

That's a nice thought. Seriously, the folks at Pioneer, in particular former coach/AD Johnson, have always treated me very well. They are a class bunch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Yes you did see 80-0

north White coach was offered running clock in second quarter when it was 59-0

he Declined 

think you'd be surprised 

Actually think the kid was just spouting a smoke screen

New plays and running it down their throat

not buying it

It's gonna be an air raid

:14_v:

Ohhh.... idk ...  i think theyre gonna attemp to do jus what he said ... makes sense .... eek out some success right up the gut ...if they can execute the timing... ...rather than goin wide vrs the panther speed .... stay 2 dimentional and keep em off balance seems like a good plan .... And... PLAY DEFENSE.... mite give the knights a punchers chance in this one   LoL

2 hours ago, Hoosier Hawk said:

How quickly we forget that one of Pioneer's best players in the history of the program was Catholic in BW. But hey.. You're the one pointing out the hypocrites!

I was raised catholic so I would know what the good catholic thing to do is!!

2 hours ago, catholicfootball said:

You can tell it's been a long time since takkle4 has felt confident with Pioneer going against an LCC team. Keep striking while the iron is hot.

Actually, you can tell that none of the past great LCC players spouted their mouths on TV several days before the Pioneer vs LCC game.  And this kid wouldn't start on any of those!

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, bobref said:

Keep in mind our lights are on a timer run out of an office in the state of Georgia!  Most the time they don't come on til the 2nd half starts...

Edited by takkle4
  • Haha 1

Whatever happens this Friday night this will be a great game. Pioneer has something to prove and so does LCC. Pioneer has truly the best football player in the are in Jack Kiser. He is a great player and a really good kid. The kids at LCC are really good kids and players. 

LCC will do their very best against Pioneer. Whatever happens, happens. 

I think it might be closer than people think. I do think the schedule that LCC played this year, plus all that the players have gone through to get to this point. The LCC kids have won already. They could have quit and turned in their gear last Monday. They did not. 

Excited to see if The Pit has the bonfire behind the visitor's bleachers going. Always great to see that tradition. 

Good Luck to both teams.

I think 10 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Marys should cover the offense .... but what do i know ... the priest may go harder on him .... to render takkle4 his pound of flesh    :)

Edited by BendNotBreak

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

I think 10 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Marys should cover the offense .... but what do i know ... the priest may go harder on him .... to render takkle4 his pound of flesh    :)

I'm thinking that a pancake block that results in a touchdown might be enough atonement. 

20 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I'm thinking that a pancake block that results in a touchdown might be enough atonement. 

That works too!!   cant thank takkel4 enuff ....  :)

Edited by BendNotBreak

tackle4 is laughable. making a big deal of what a nervous kid that had never been on tv before this year had to say. You can look at the interview and can tell he was nervous. You need to relax a little and enjoy the season you guys are having.

The people that are on the outside of LCC's program have no  clue what has went on this year during the regular season. The LCC team of the last 2 weeks is different but that still might not make a difference on Friday.

• Upvote 3

I keep seeing the comments that Pioneer's run D is good, but their pass D is "susceptible" or merely " competent but vulnerable". I don't think the stats support that.

There were years in the past when this was true. But the Panthers have majorly upgraded their pass D, both in scheme and athletic ability.  It isn't 2009 anymore.

Nor do I believe that LCC's pass offense is vastly better from what Carroll runs, or has done. 

I think the game ultimately comes down to two things. Can LCC stop Pioneer's offense?

(Hint: not without help)

and can LCC run on Pioneer's D?

No one is beating this Pioneer team without being able to run the ball.

And no one runs the ball on the Panthers.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Paccolpur said:

tackle4 is laughable. making a big deal of what a nervous kid that had never been on tv before this year had to say. You can look at the interview and can tell he was nervous. You need to relax a little and enjoy the season you guys are having.

The people that are on the outside of LCC's program have no  clue what has went on this year during the regular season. The LCC team of the last 2 weeks is different but that still might not make a difference on Friday.

Really?  If an LCC opponent had said what he said you folks would be all over it.  And frankly, who would blame you.  

No making excuses for it, over and done.

On to the game.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Nickelbackjack said:

I keep seeing the comments that Pioneer's run D is good, but their pass D is "susceptible" or merely " competent but vulnerable". I don't think the stats support that.

There were years in the past when this was true. But the Panthers have majorly upgraded their pass D, both in scheme and athletic ability.  It isn't 2009 anymore.

Nor do I believe that LCC's pass offense is vastly better from what Carroll runs, or has done. 

I think the game ultimately comes down to two things. Can LCC stop Pioneer's offense?

(Hint: not without help)

and can LCC run on Pioneer's D?

No one is beating this Pioneer team without being able to run the ball.

And no one runs the ball on the Panthers.

I'm going to disagree a bit. Knox had success passing the ball and they are not known to throw the ball a lot. Pioneer is good in coverage, but a couple of the DBs are young and short. All of the DBs are smart though and tend to have a knack for causing turnovers. Kiser is basically the Troy Polamalu of that defense. He has a high football IQ and can read the QB for easy interceptions, he is a big hitter, can play any position, and is already an NFL sized safety. LCC will be lucky if they have positive yards rushing.

20 minutes ago, Andy G said:

I'm going to disagree a bit. Knox had success passing the ball and they are not known to throw the ball a lot. Pioneer is good in coverage, but a couple of the DBs are young and short. All of the DBs are smart though and tend to have a knack for causing turnovers. Kiser is basically the Troy Polamalu of that defense. He has a high football IQ and can read the QB for easy interceptions, he is a big hitter, can play any position, and is already an NFL sized safety. LCC will be lucky if they have positive yards rushing.

I guess success is relative. Knox was 8 - 19, 42%, 1 TD, 2 picks. 

Carroll was most probably the best passing team they have faced. Their QB was 11 - 25, 44%, 1 TD, 2 picks.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Really?  If an LCC opponent had said what he said you folks would be all over it.  And frankly, who would blame you.  

No making excuses for it, over and done.

On to the game.  

we think its funny when other players or fans said stuff like that. just like when we heard during the first game of sectionals pioneer fans were chanting " we want catholic"

I was with Alum when we heard this and had a good laugh

we know who the better team is and they are getting butt hurt about a nervous kid on Tv.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paccolpur said:

we think its funny when other players or fans said stuff like that. just like when we heard during the first game of sectionals pioneer fans were chanting " we want catholic"

I was with Alum when we heard this and had a good laugh

we know who the better team is and they are getting butt hurt about a nervous kid on Tv.

Butt hurt might be a strong term, I'd say surprised more than anything. LCC teams of years past let their play show their dominance, not their mouths. 

I hear talk that LCC has turned a corner now that the playoffs have started, etc.

They won a close game to tricounty team that lost to Carroll 40t-25 and a north Miami team that lost to Peru?!seriously? Peru got shellacked by Logan for heavens sake.

If you're hanging your hat on beating those two powerhouses, you better have a really light hat

Edited by Nickelbackjack
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nickelbackjack said:

I hear talk that LCC has turned a corner now that the playoffs have started, etc.

They beat a close game to ricounty team that lost to Carroll 40-25 and a north Miami team that lost to Peru?!seriously? Peru got shellacked by Logan for heavens sake.

If you're hanging your hat on beating those two powerhouses, you better have a really light hat

I don't think anyone from LCC thinks that they are going to beat Pioneer.  Like I said before, you are looking at about a 30 point loss.  LCC is way down this year.  Pioneer is going to win state this year and maybe next year to.  I don't think there is much more to say.  Now if Pioneer was to turn the ball over 4 or 5 times and LCC was to get a pick six or something like that, then they might have a chance.