Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

WESTERN vs Mississinewa- Going off schedules and what each team can do I feel WESTERN has the edge. I think it will be a shoot out. 45-42

Lewis Cass vs EASTBROOK- don't think this one will be as close. 42-7

Ole Miss by a TD

Eastbrook by 2 TDs

Edited by RiverRat99
  • Upvote 1

MISSISSINEWA over western; I think this will be close but will give ole Miss the edge.

EASTBROOK over cass;  Cass is capable of hanging with Eastbrook, but Home Field, Coaching, team speed and tradition propels the Panthers in this one. 

• Upvote 1

Believe both CIC will advance to Regional.

I must ask as a person who just saw Eastbrook in action last week for the first time, they are by far one of the top teams in 2A. I must ask XStar, why even predict the Eastbrook score. I am guessing the past two seasons you choose against them so you have only been correct .04% of the time...clearly you dont believe what you write so why argue others and waste your time? Panther crowd was very nice to myself last week and had conversations with a few different parents. Still getting the ringing out of my ears HAHA

Good Luck Panthers.

• Upvote 2

Cass has historically been a wing T team. This year they switched to Spread offense and are throwing a little more. Strength is still their run game. Sophomore Eurit runs extremely hard and they love to give the ball to another soph Zeck on jet sweeps. He is very quick and elusive in the open field. Recently they have went back to their old wing T, probably mostly due to the weather. Defensively they are very physical. I like Eastbrook to win this one but it wouldn't shock me if Cass gives them a good game. 

Western has one of the best athletes in the State playing QB in Tyler Knepley. They will line them in tight and run QB power over and over and over again. He has had multiple games of over 40 carries. He is 6'2 and over 200 lbs and can run over you and by you. If you can slow him down then you will be okay. He has a strong arm but not real accurate. Defensively their run defense is pretty stout but pass defense is suspect. Key for Ole Miss is to get a lead and make Western get out of what they like to do. I'm still unsure on who I would take in this one but I would lean towards Western simply because of Knepley. 

Edited by Fballfan15
  • Upvote 1

Pick em games this week

Western @ Mississinewa *Worth 2 points

Lewis Cass @ Eastbrook *Worth 2 points

Jimtown @ Mishawaka Marian (3A)

Lapel @ Shenandoah (2A)

Monroe Central @ Sheridan (1A)

3 minutes ago, Blitzkrieg said:

Pick em games this week

Western @ Mississinewa *Worth 2 points

Lewis Cass @ Eastbrook *Worth 2 points

Jimtown @ Mishawaka Marian (3A)

Lapel @ Shenandoah (2A)

Monroe Central @ Sheridan (1A)

Eastbrook

Ole Miss

Jimtown

Shenandoah 

Monroe Central

• Upvote 1

Western at Mississinewa--Western is surprise to be playing in the Sectional Finals.  Didn't think that they would make it of their side of the bracket however they beat a very good Pendleton Heights team who beat the Sectional Favorite Lebanon.  Western is peaking at the right time for this one.  Western runs the QB over and over as someone else said.  Sounds like their offense is very similar to Marion's, QB power, QB dive, QB sweep, and once in a while someone else carries the ball.  Western pulled at narrow win over Rensselaer Central in the final game of the regular season and beat Lewis Cass earlier in the season.  Mississinewa has played Western in past years in Sectional play.  Western has changed coach's since the last matchup and this time the game is at Mississinewa.  Mississinewa needs to get up early to get Western out of their game plan.  In the end Mississinewa gets Coach Funk his first Sectional Title in a close game. 

Lewis Cass at Eastbrook--Lewis Cass has a rich history in football and will be prepared.  Eastbrook is coming off a very difficult game at Rensselaer Central.  This week Eastbrook gets to stay at home for the first time in the Tournament this year.  Eastbrook has the speed and experience that is needed to win.  In the end Eastbrook pulls out the victory but it will be closer than many think it will be.  

The next round should be interesting as Mississinewa could play Mooresville or Greenwood.  Mooresville is where Coach Funk was an assistant at before he came to Mississinewa.   Where as Eastbrook would play Lapel or Shenadoah which are both teams that most would like to see join the CIC.  

• Downvote 1

23 hours ago, Goalline07 said:

Believe both CIC will advance to Regional.

I must ask as a person who just saw Eastbrook in action last week for the first time, they are by far one of the top teams in 2A. I must ask XStar, why even predict the Eastbrook score. I am guessing the past two seasons you choose against them so you have only been correct .04% of the time...clearly you dont believe what you write so why argue others and waste your time? Panther crowd was very nice to myself last week and had conversations with a few different parents. Still getting the ringing out of my ears HAHA

Good Luck Panthers.

He has an unsubstantiated beef with Eastbrook's football program. In his defense though, if he keeps picking Eastbrook to lose, he'll get one right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Western @ Mississinewa *Worth 2 points:  They have proven me wrong the last couple of weeks.  I will give them the credit they deserve.

Lewis Cass @ Eastbrook *Worth 2 points:  I don't think this will be that close.  Eastbrook by 2-3 TD's.

Jimtown @ Mishawaka Marian (3A): Too close to call but  I will roll the dice and say Mishawaka Marian by 1.  They will go for a 2 point conversion to end the game.

Lapel @ Shenandoah (2A):  The dreaded England trip turns this from a good game, into a Shenandoah run away.

Monroe Central @ Sheridan (1A):  Monroe Central is still benefiting from the Muncie South closer.  I am going with the Bears by a TD.

41 minutes ago, 25_Seconds said:

He has an unsubstantiated beef with Eastbrook's football program. In his defense though, if he keeps picking Eastbrook to lose, he'll get one right. 

I disagree!!  I don't think Eastbrook will lose for the rest of the season! :17_v:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I agree with pantherpride, i dont see Eastbrook losing the rest of this year. The Marion vs Mississinewa game was a great game to watch last week. Marion has one of the best athletes i have seen in the Johnson kid at QB. Does anyone know what Western has got? Hopefully the Indians can come out on top this week as well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bittergymteacher said:

Western @ Mississinewa *Worth 2 points:  Just being a CIC homer, Go Indians!  35-30

Lewis Cass @ Eastbrook *Worth 2 points:  I think it will be a close game, Cass beat a good Shenandoah team who runs a very similar offense to the Panthers 26-22

Jimtown @ Mishawaka Marian (3A): My uncle teaches at Jimtown.  Go Jimmies!!!  14-13

Lapel @ Shenandoah (2A):  No way the Raiders lose to a depleted Lapel team at home.  I can hear the Shenandoah faithful complaining about the officials on every play already. 33-19

Monroe Central @ Sheridan (1A):  Blackhawks defense is too tough at home.  I always gotta pull for Bud, hopefully he gets 450 wins before he's gone.  MC plays no one other than Shenandoah on regular season schedule.

2 hours ago, midway monster said:

I agree with pantherpride, i dont see Eastbrook losing the rest of this year. The Marion vs Mississinewa game was a great game to watch last week. Marion has one of the best athletes i have seen in the Johnson kid at QB. Does anyone know what Western has got? Hopefully the Indians can come out on top this week as well.

I agree that there is a very real possibility Eastbrook runs the table. They are clicking on all cylinders and seem to be in peak form. 

Western has a stud at QB that is a very physical runner. Basically run wildcat all game, successfully. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, midway monster said:

Read my post earlier in the thread about Cass and Western.

• Upvote 1

Good Luck to Mississinenwa and Eastbrook.  Hope both teams bring home Sectional Championships.  It would be Mississinewa's first since 1988.  There are some names on Eastbrook and Missisinewa teams that there fathers played in the last Mississinewa Sectional Championship team.  Mississinewa has a Cruz and Eastbrook has Barajas.  

• Upvote 3

On 10/31/2017 at 4:30 PM, RiverRat99 said:

I agree that there is a very real possibility Eastbrook runs the table. They are clicking on all cylinders and seem to be in peak form. 

Western has a stud at QB that is a very physical runner. Basically run wildcat all game, successfully. 

Yes they do.  Can get very frustrating.  They have multiple 3-4 years starters all over the place.   I was most impressed with their LB core at Western.  Especially #40 the FB and MLB, kid is only a JR,  AULT I think is his name.   Kid is legit.   #34 has nice speed as well.   

• Upvote 2

Western over Miss 28-14.

Eastbrook over Cass 42-7.

Just my 2 cents. Hope all games are dog fights!

On 10/31/2017 at 8:52 AM, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Lapel will be without some Seniors who will be out of country on the England trip.

They had this problem a few years ago.

They may be without a couple seniors but it appears most of their key seniors (Frazier, Scott, Hudson) will play tonight. They'll be fine. It should be a good game.