Sign in to follow this  
thakilla

Central vs East Central

How is East Central's defense?  Are they fast?  Big up front?  

Traveling almost 4 hours for this game is a big concern. Also, never being in this situation, this deep in the playoffs is worrisome. 

As odd as it seems, I'm not sure Central can get up for a game like they did for Reitz. Even though that was first round of sectionals and this is a regional game. It's unfamiliar territory. Reitz is the big, bad boys in Evansville and everyone wants to knock them off. I hope they can understand the importance of the game and that the teams remaining are every bit as good as Reitz if not better and have their own rich tradition. 

Central's defense should keep them in the game. From this point on, none of the teams will know anything about their opponents like they do sectional opponents. They will watch the films, call their coaching buddies that have coached against the team. 

It should be very interesting to see how Central responds after the long road trip. 

Obviously, East Central has a good program. Last year they beat Reitz and lost to eventual State champs and the year before they were State runner up. 

We will see how Evans does. He is about 250 yards shy of the SIAC rushing record and he is a sophomore!!!  Will East Central be able to contain him will be the question and if they do contain him, does East Central have the athletes do cover the WR's?

East Central is big and physical and that has been their program MO forever.  

I don't think they're as big and physical as the last few years due to losing a lot of linemen, but they're still big and physical. Ask Chatard and Roncalli fans how physical they are, but I would guess they'll be as physical as anyone on your schedule.  

I didnt see but 2 Central games but Bears fans tell me is Reitz wasnt the most physical team you played?  I would think probably so.  At least in the 1st game, sure wasnt in the 2nd game.  Even if we were thats nothing like you will face against EC.  I wouldnt say they are dirty but they hit you, and hit and hit some more.  There are big and strong and wont back down from anyone.  If Ev Central doesnt keep their emotions in check they may end up losing players to personal fouls.  The 4 or so they usually get may be doubled, or more.  Ev Central definately has the talent to win but at this point is where you have to be mentally tough as well.  The long trip and the craziness that goes along with playing the Trojans in their place can kill you in a hurry if you dont be careful.

Edited by Panther86

The oddest commute for an Indiana HS team. I'm assuming Central will go through  Louisville and Cinci/NKY to get to St. Leon.

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This will be the coolest Football experience you've ever had outside the Reitz Bowl. Friday nights in St Leon are an event. 

Was there in 1993 with Evansville North (Deke Cooper and co.) Definitely an experience... think Friday Night Lights meets Field of Dreams!

• Upvote 1

Is this game going to be broadcasted or streamed online?

1 hour ago, MDfan said:

Is this game going to be broadcasted or streamed online?

SeiLocalSports.com will probably stream the game but no confirmation yet.  

On 11/4/2017 at 10:41 AM, Canoe Fest Charlie said:

East Central is big and physical and that has been their program MO forever.  

I don't think they're as big and physical as the last few years due to losing a lot of linemen, but they're still big and physical. Ask Chatard and Roncalli fans how physical they are, but I would guess they'll be as physical as anyone on your schedule.  

As a Chatard fan (and an OLD EIAC guy), I love how East Central plays.  They will punch you in the mouth and then smile and hold their chin out when you punch them back..... figuratively...of course.

As physically and mentally tough a team as you will see.  Eleven guys WILL play to the whistle every down.  No one seems to talk about them every year and yet, it always seems like they are around.

BTW, all you 3A guys, Lawrenceburg went toe to toe with EC early on this year.  Stinktown is as tough as it gets as well.

• Upvote 1

CE fans always pulling for EC when we aren't playing each other (we'll be getting another non-conference game soon hopefully we can and look to work something out with EC or similar strong program). Good luck Trojans. Safe travels to Central. 

• Upvote 1

It appears BOTH East Central and Lawrenceburg games will be on webcast. SEILocalSports.com and ETCSports will broadcast one or the other. It hasn't been decided who will do what.

On 11/4/2017 at 4:30 PM, Panther86 said:

I didnt see but 2 Central games but Bears fans tell me is Reitz wasnt the most physical team you played?  I would think probably so.  At least in the 1st game, sure wasnt in the 2nd game.  Even if we were thats nothing like you will face against EC.  I wouldnt say they are dirty but they hit you, and hit and hit some more.  There are big and strong and wont back down from anyone.  If Ev Central doesnt keep their emotions in check they may end up losing players to personal fouls.  The 4 or so they usually get may be doubled, or more.  Ev Central definately has the talent to win but at this point is where you have to be mentally tough as well.  The long trip and the craziness that goes along with playing the Trojans in their place can kill you in a hurry if you dont be careful.

Reitz was probably the most physical team Central played all year.  Evans does not shy away from contact.   He is little but contact does not bother him.  Up front, will be a great match up if East Central is that big and physical.  I am not too worried about the defensive side of the ball.  Central is very solid.  DB's can't get *%#!?*ed in on the run every time.  What little I have watched, East Central will throw it some, not much but some.  

7 hours ago, thakilla said:

An odd tidbit both schools share the same fight song!

And the same last name!

2 hours ago, Alduflux said:

And the same last name!

No they dont.  I think you are on the wrong thread.  This is Bears vs Trojans.

7 hours ago, Panther86 said:

No they dont.  I think you are on the wrong thread.  This is Bears vs Trojans.

Central.

16 hours ago, thakilla said:

An odd tidbit both schools share the same fight song!

Iron Man?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe thats what they meant but Central isnt their last name as they said.  LB and Memorial are both Tigers so I was thinking that.

5 hours ago, Panther86 said:

Maybe thats what they meant but Central isnt their last name as they said.  LB and Memorial are both Tigers so I was thinking that.

Bears, Trojans, and Tigers are all mascots. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Evv. Central is getting man handled. Need to start passing.

5 minutes ago, MDfan said:

Evv. Central is getting man handled. Need to start passing.

If they can ever get the ball

Typical East Central game.  Control the ball and run in down your throat.  Seen this plenty times against us.

1 minute ago, Panther86 said:

Typical East Central game.  Control the ball and run in down your throat.  Seen this plenty times against us.

Yep, went to that game last year. Thought Central's big front 7 would be able to hang but I think it's too much trickery for them. It's starting to get chippy too. Central already has a PF and IMO should of had another.

Could this game be any indication of what to expect tomorrow between Lawrenceburg and Evansville Memorial? Maybe we can play football in SE Indiana too?

How many times did the Central offense snap the ball in the first half?

7?8?... including a punt.

Edited by Alduflux