Sign in to follow this  
thakilla

Central vs East Central

1 minute ago, TheLip2 said:

Could this game be any indication of what to expect tomorrow between Lawrenceburg and Evansville Memorial? Maybe we can play football in SE Indiana too?

No.  Despite Memorial losing to Central they are a much better overall team.  I think tomorrow will be very tough and close.

Just now, Panther86 said:

No.  Despite Memorial losing to Central they are a much better overall team.  I think tomorrow will be very tough and close.

But you guys can play.  Didnt mean it that way.

Tor'Jon Evans just got tossed. PF's are flying everywhere. Been there the whole year. 28-6 East Central

Not surprising. EC tossing Central all over the field, and doing it legally..Being that undisciplined will only get you so far. Playing against good teams, you see what happens. 

Evansville teams/fans have been saying that the whole year. Guess Owen doesn't like taking advice.

11 minutes ago, MDfan said:

Tor'Jon Evans just got tossed. PF's are flying everywhere. Been there the whole year. 28-6 East Central

What an awful call.  Refs don’t appreciate Central’s swagger.  It’s that chip on the shoulder that makes the bears great

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

What an awful call.  Refs don’t appreciate Central’s swagger.  It’s that chip on the shoulder that makes the bears great

Guessing Central didn’t like getting shoved around by EC....

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Looks like that so called swagger you speak of is getting them nothing but an arse beating!! Where is ThaKilla at now? Probably crying in his moms basement!

6 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

A little too much "swagger". More like disrespect to me.

11 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Thats not swagger.  Its pure unsportsmanlike and lack of discipline.  If you need to act like that then you arent that good of a team which it comes down to once again.  Never a Regional Championship in football.

5 minutes ago, Panther86 said:

Thats not swagger.  Its pure unsportsmanlike and lack of discipline.  If you need to act like that then you arent that good of a team which it comes down to once again.  Never a Regional Championship in football.

They still can’t do it even with CE, Cathedral, New Pal and Roncalli bumped up. Maybe if they bump EC up they can get that regional title. 

Someone in the game chat mentioned a family of central players looking to change schools for next year.  Anyone else hear anything like that?

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

They still can’t do it even with CE, Cathedral, New Pal and Roncalli bumped up. Maybe if they bump EC up they can get that regional title. 

Success factor would be the only EC moves to 5A.

1 hour ago, Panther86 said:

Despite Memorial losing to Central they are a much better overall team.  I think tomorrow will be very tough and close.

I understand the best team doesn't always win a game, but Central beat Memorial by 28 points and you are saying that Memorial is, "much better overall?"

Please explain how the "much better" team loses so convincingly?

22 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Success factor would be the only EC moves to 5A.

Seems to me they will get it :) 

Great win Trojans. It was sad to see Central self implode . It would have been a more competivite game . The Trojans still were much better. But hats off to central for making the long drive and giving it there all .

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

But hats off to central for making the long drive and giving it there all .

Once again, a team tries to make a really long drive and play on a Friday night and gets destroyed.  Happens way more often then not.

If you have a choice at this time of the year, play on Saturday if you are making a 3 hour plus drive.  Good move by LB to play on Saturday.  EC should have done the same.

1 minute ago, Dan Jones said:

Once again, a team tries to make a really long drive and play on a Friday night and gets destroyed.  Happens way more often then not.

If you have a choice at this time of the year, play on Saturday if you are making a 3 hour plus drive.  Good move by LB to play on Saturday.  EC should have done the same.

Evansville Central didn't have school today. The travel shouldn't have been an issue. It was a predictable ending for a talented but undisciplined team.

18 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

I understand the best team doesn't always win a game, but Central beat Memorial by 28 points and you are saying that Memorial is, "much better overall?"

Please explain how the "much better" team loses so convincingly?

I don't think the final score showed how the game went. I wasn't at the game but I heard Memorial was stopped in the red zone 4 or so times. Could have been a different outcome if you ask me. Mem is a better team than central in a lot of different ways. Passing, discipline, game plan, coaching are all pluses. Talent, size, run game are all minus. But Central is an all or none type of team. When winning they are destructive, when losing they break apart. I look forward to seeing a great matchup tomorrow

8 minutes ago, Dan Jones said:

Good teams find ways to win... but thanks for the input DJ. Always great knowledge. 

You could tell that Evansville Central had talent. They just couldn't utilize it. With EC more then Likely moving up to play with with its other 4A brothers that moved up to 5a , 4a south will be wide open for Central to get to state next year. Best of luck 

12 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

You could tell that Evansville Central had talent. They just couldn't utilize it. With EC more then Likely moving up to play with with its other 4A brothers that moved up to 5a , 4a south will be wide open for Central to get to state next year. Best of luck 

I think this was first year for the points awarded to move up. Next year, nobody moves up. The following year ends the 2 year period

Just now, thakilla said:

I think this was first year for the points awarded to move up. Next year, nobody moves up. The following year ends the 2 year period

That is correct.